Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Re: Re: Re: Myles Turner 

Post#61 » by cedric76 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:08 am

HotelVitale wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Rasheed had post moves in HS. Rasheed Wallace was the #1 player in the GD country. Turner is, in no way shape or form, on his level as a prospect.

Turner was ranked 2nd last year

ESPN, which is famous for wacky HS rankings, is the only site that had him top 5 (they also had K-AT 9th, for instance). Everywhere else Turner was like 6-10.

As we see EVERY SINGLE year, the medias' mock draft (and ranking) are FAR from proper NBA gm rankings
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Re: Myles Turner 

Post#62 » by LloydFree » Sun May 10, 2015 10:33 am

:banghead:
HotelVitale wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Rasheed had post moves in HS. Rasheed Wallace was the #1 player in the GD country. Turner is, in no way shape or form, on his level as a prospect.

Turner was ranked 2nd last year

ESPN, which is famous for wacky HS rankings, is the only site that had him top 5 (they also had K-AT 9th, for instance). Everywhere else Turner was like 6-10.

Pretty much this, and regardless of his ranking Turner is nowhere near the caliber talent of Rasheed Wallace. Someone earlier said Sam Perkins, which isn't bad, but Sam was a much more fluid athlete than Myles Turner at the same stage. Sam Perkins also played inside when he was in college. He didn't hang out on the perimeter.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
cedric76
RealGM

Post#63 » by cedric76 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:17 am

LloydFree wrote::banghead:
HotelVitale wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Turner was ranked 2nd last year

Pretty much this, and regardless of his ranking Turner is nowhere near the caliber talent of Rasheed Wallace. Someone earlier said Sam Perkins, which isn't bad, but Sam was a much more fluid athlete than Myles Turner at the same stage. Sam Perkins also played inside when he was in college. He didn't hang out on the perimeter.

Never said Turner would be as good as sheed

I d be happy with a Perkins or lafrentz
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,795

Post#64 » by HotelVitale » Sun May 10, 2015 5:46 pm

cedric76 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:ESPN, which is famous for wacky HS rankings, is the only site that had him top 5 (they also had K-AT 9th, for instance). Everywhere else Turner was like 6-10.
As we see EVERY SINGLE year, the medias' mock draft (and ranking) are FAR from proper NBA gm rankings

The HS prospect rankings are much different thing from a mock draft. But for what it's worth, Turner was #6 in espn's own 'way-too-early mock draft' last summer behind Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, Cliff Alxander, and Stanley Johnson. That was by Chad Ford and co. and reflects more of espn's 'official' stance.

Whoever makes their HS prospect rankings--and it's probably just one guy--loves to go rogue and give eccentric rankings of the top guys. Apart from him, the consensus was that Turner was a #5-10 prospect, not the #2 guy. (not that it matters that much anyway).
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Re: Myles Turner 

Post#65 » by ALL HAIL » Mon May 11, 2015 12:49 am

Those mock drafts are so asinine at times.

I've been saying all year that I'd take Turner top five.

Centers are so very hard tocome by.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#66 » by cedric76 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:40 am

ALL HAIL wrote:Those mock drafts are so asinine at times.

I've been saying all year that I'd take Turner top five.

Centers are so very hard tocome by.

5 to 10 is where he belongs, perfect range for Orlando

He is an underrated athlete and hopefully start running better
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#67 » by No-Man » Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 am

Turner doesnt belong from 5-10, he could go anywhere in late lotto, from 10 to 14, i think Miami, Indiana, Utah and Phoenix are the most likely landing spots for him.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#68 » by cedric76 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:02 am

Fischella wrote:Turner doesnt belong from 5-10, he could go anywhere in late lotto, from 10 to 14, i think Miami, Indiana, Utah and Phoenix are the most likely landing spots for him.

I know you don't like him but other than his awkward running, why can't u see him as a top 10 pick?
No-Man
RealGM

Post#69 » by No-Man » Mon May 11, 2015 1:02 pm

It is not that I dont like him, actually I love what he brings to the table, a stretch C with defensive upside and good BBIQ should be a terrific piece for any team, it is more than there are guys with higher ceilings to go before him.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#70 » by cedric76 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Fischella wrote:It is not that I dont like him, actually I love what he brings to the table, a stretch C with defensive upside and good BBIQ should be a terrific piece for any team, it is more than there are guys with higher ceilings to go before him.

We know his pros, what r the cons in your opinion?
I can't see many weaknesses that can't be fixed
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#71 » by Catchall » Mon May 11, 2015 3:13 pm

Looking at how much value Channing Frye has had in the league, I don't think Turner has much downside, as long as his shooting is for real. His shot-blocking is a nice bonus.

How much game does he have from mid-range and in the post? The issue is not just running the floor, but his footwork in general.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
No-Man
RealGM

Post#72 » by No-Man » Mon May 11, 2015 3:28 pm

For me Turner is a Center with his athleticism and the way he moves, of course, he could improve and it could be growing pains, but I dont see him as a franchise type big, he is a role player, he brings things to the table, some developing post skills, in and out game, shotblocking, good IQ, length, that are really valuable for a role player, but that's it.
I just think there are a few fellas with higher upside.
SaintofKillers
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#73 » by SaintofKillers » Mon May 11, 2015 3:35 pm

Does anyone have a video or GIF of how he runs and why it's such a big deal?
cedric76
RealGM

Post#74 » by cedric76 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Fischella wrote:For me Turner is a Center with his athleticism and the way he moves, of course, he could improve and it could be growing pains, but I dont see him as a franchise type big, he is a role player, he brings things to the table, some developing post skills, in and out game, shotblocking, good IQ, length, that are really valuable for a role player, but that's it.

Ok I think we are not far apart on Myles then.
I just look at fit and I think Orlando can't go wrong drafting him, he could be a perfect PF/C for us
He could back up vuc and spend time along him.
He is the perfect defensive stretch 4 in my mind.
His only weakness is how awkward he moves but I think he 'll improve on that with a personal trainer

Payton,dipo,Gordon,Turner,vuc
Payton,dipo,Harris,Gordon,Turner

I really like those 2 line ups
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,766

Post#75 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon May 11, 2015 4:00 pm

I don't know, he seems like a 6'11'' version of Roy Hibbert, who can shoot from the perimeter.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#76 » by No-Man » Mon May 11, 2015 4:11 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Fischella wrote:For me Turner is a Center with his athleticism and the way he moves, of course, he could improve and it could be growing pains, but I dont see him as a franchise type big, he is a role player, he brings things to the table, some developing post skills, in and out game, shotblocking, good IQ, length, that are really valuable for a role player, but that's it.

I just look at fit and I think Orlando can't go wrong drafting him, he could be a perfect PF/C for us
His only weakness is how awkward he moves but I think he 'll improve on that with a personal trainer

The Magic are a bad team they should go BPA not fit, and there are seferal better options at 5 than Turner
cedric76
RealGM

Post#77 » by cedric76 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:29 pm

Fischella wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

The Magic are a bad team they should go BPA not fit, and there are seferal better options at 5 than Turner

Like who?

I think if Turner get good results at the combine he could well be the bpa

I just want him to score well in the lateral quickness and athletic tests
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#78 » by MalonesElbows » Wed May 13, 2015 12:24 am

cedric76 wrote:

He's a pure center, its the reason he didn't start on Texas. If you think he is clear and away the BPA, take him. But playing Vuc and Turner together in today's NBA means you are OK giving up 30 wide open three point attempts a game.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#79 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:47 am

Fischella wrote:Turner doesnt belong from 5-10, he could go anywhere in late lotto, from 10 to 14, i think Miami, Indiana, Utah and Phoenix are the most likely landing spots for him.

I hope you are right. I'd love for Phx to get him, especially with Len being injury prone and Kieff not a great stretch guy.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#80 » by cedric76 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:11 am

Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon

Return to NBA Draft