2015 Eurobasket

Moderator: THE J0KER

turbostef
Senior
And1: 213

Re: 2015 Eurobasket 

Post#41 » by turbostef » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:42 am

Basically Kaun announced that he lost the interesst in Basketball and will retire just to announce
2 days later that he would consider an NBA engagement.

The first part logically would let you think that he would not play for Russia (lost interested in Basketball).

The second part also. Why would he play for Russia in the Summer if he finds a NBA team to hire him?

On the other side if he finds his interest in Basketball the European Championship would be a good showcase
to find a NBA Team.

Anyway I can't see the Russian Team be too good this year. Mozzy is OK. But with Kirilenko out and Khryapa retired (?)
and the rest of the pack getting old too there chances are not very high.

Group B is a shlaughter house.

Spain, Italy, Serbia, Germay, Turkey and only 4 Tickets for the next round. In the top 16 the 4. would probably face France.
So this is a hard way to the top.

Italy has its Fab 4 NBAers (Datome, Bargnani, Belinelli, Galinari which is quite good for European Level)
Germany (Home Court Advantage in the Preliminay Phase, Dirk, Schröder, Kaman and lot's of solid European Players Pleiss, Schaffartzik, Zirbes and so on)
Turkey with a very good Frontcourt (even without Ilyasova) and now with Dixon (a naturalized US-Boy) with a strong PG

In my opinion one out of this 3 won't get the Ticket. May be Serbia busts. But you never know with these guys.
One year bust, next year Vize World Champion.

Spain should get the ticket for the next round.
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#42 » by jolbin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Jure Zdovc just announced the preliminary squad of Slovenian NT. It will be the weakest squad in the recent/even-not-so-recent times.

Goran Dragić said that he plans to take the summer off, as he expects the birth of his second child.
Domen Lorbek also said that he wants to take the summer off.
Edo Murić is injured
Beno Udrih is injured
The young Doncic is injured + busy

Slovenian federation decided to naturalise Olympiacos defensive center Bryan Dunston. I dont get that decision - a)always been against "buying" foreign/USA players to play for you
b) We are quite strong at center but really lacking at PG

So the team looks like this at the moment

Klobucar (really a SG)
Blazic - Prepelic - Joksimovic
Z.Dragic
Balazic - Slokar
Dunston/Omić - Vidmar - Dimec

Zdovc said that he plans to add at least 4 players from the national B squad and u20 squad. I expect this to be PG - Nikolić, SG - Mesicek, SF - Mahkovic and C - Zagorac
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,241

Post#43 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Its really weird seeing Slovenia with such poor PG lineup. They always developed good paint guards.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#44 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Slovenia is terrible, keeping Doncic out to make room for these guard scrubs and wasting time getting Dunston to play when I read some comments online that he's not even eligible for a citizenship.
Muizha
Junior
And1: 220

Post#45 » by Muizha » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Motiejunas anounced that he will not be able to play in this year's Eurobasket. Huge blow for Lithuania, but hey Latvia's chances of upset got a little bit better :)
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#46 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:16 pm

Dunston should help them quite a bit, not sure how good he will be on O tho, without good playmaker and all. That being said, always disliked naturalized players on National teams, kinda sad seeing Slovenia joining the bandwagon of naturalized talent.
FIBA reports that there is still chance Goran plays. If he does, Slovenia will be entirely different.

In other news, Motiejunas will not play for Lithuania. Used to be a D-Mo hater, he improved his game, this is first time I actually wanted to see him play for LTU, and he gets injured... Just great.

I also think Itly shouldn't even invite Bargnani. They play much better without him, just like any other team lol.
jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#47 » by jolbin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:20 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Its really weird seeing Slovenia with such poor PG lineup. They always developed good paint guards.

Thats really such a poor team.. i just cant see who will be the go-to scorer in this team..
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,465

Post#48 » by Mirotic12 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:58 pm

Actually, Dunston makes perfect sense to me as choice for Slovenes. From what I understand he has a 4 year agreement with them, so it is not just for this year. And besides, it clearly looks from their roster like they want to base their team in modern style basketball. To base it in being able to play up and down the court, to switch on everything on defense, and also to create the mismatches in half court on screens.

So it looks perfectly logical to me to choose Dunston. Just look at the players and I guess they want to play something like Warriors would if you think NBA, or how Olympiacos does if you think Euroleague. This is most logical kind of basketball to play when you have guys like Dragic brothers, Blazic, Joksimovic, Klobucar, Prepelic. And Dunston is perfect center to play this style of basketball.

Then you still have big centers like Omic and Vidmar when you need to match with size.

Muizha wrote:Motiejunas anounced that he will not be able to play in this year's Eurobasket. Huge blow for Lithuania, but hey Latvia's chances of upset got a little bit better :)

I don't think it is much of a blow at all for Lithuania. He plays in 4/5 positions, which is the place where they are very stacked full of many good players. Now if they lose a player like Kalnietis or Maciulis, or someone similar like that, then it has a much bigger effect on them than losing Motiejunas does. They are thin in guard positions, especially in 1 position, and even they can't probably lose some real key players in 2/3. But in 4/5, especially the type of player Motiejunas is a 4/5 big that can rebound, post some, and hit some 3s - they have lots of depth and many good players to cover everything. Even, they are so loaded with these kinds of players that some good ones never even get a chance it seems to play for them.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#49 » by Prez » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:53 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
Muizha wrote:Motiejunas anounced that he will not be able to play in this year's Eurobasket. Huge blow for Lithuania, but hey Latvia's chances of upset got a little bit better :)

I don't think it is much of a blow at all for Lithuania. He plays in 4/5 positions, which is the place where they are very stacked full of many good players. Now if they lose a player like Kalnietis or Maciulis, or someone similar like that, then it has a much bigger effect on them than losing Motiejunas does. They are thin in guard positions, especially in 1 position, and even they can't probably lose some real key players in 2/3. But in 4/5, especially the type of player Motiejunas is a 4/5 big that can rebound, post some, and hit some 3s - they have lots of depth and many good players to cover everything. Even, they are so loaded with these kinds of players that some good ones never even get a chance it seems to play for them.

Have to disagree here. Losing one of the greatest players in Euroleague history is definitely a major blow.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Re: Re: 2015 Eurobasket 

Post#50 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:27 am

Milbuck wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

Have to disagree here. Losing one of the greatest players in Euroleague history is definitely a major blow.
Say what, who are you talking about? I also agree tha D Mo will not be a major lost. Last years loss of Kalnietis was far worse. D mos injury probably guarantees Kleiza a spot. Guy will be a wild card, could end up being one of team leaders or big scrubs.
paulius33
Junior
And1: 91

2015 Eurobasket 

Post#51 » by paulius33 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Muizha wrote:Love the draw for Latvia - if they beat Lithuania (and they certainly can at home), they can go out this group in the first place

lol you're funny.... we don't lose to teams like Latvia;)

Milbuck wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

UcanUwill wrote:
Milbuck wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

lol Latvias fans being funny like always thinking they can beat our powerhouse, second best team in Europe according to Fiba rankings

Dmo had a spectacular season with the Rockets and I was really waiting to see him play for us this summer so losing him was quite disappointing, but it doesn't make us a smaller threat bc our frontcourt is always stacked. The one player that CANNOT get hurt is Mantas Kalnietis, who is our leader, our play maker, our heart and soul of the team. Someone mentioned that Kleiza will take Dmos spot, but Kleiza is being a trader and announced that he's not playing for his country this summer(**** dick).

Can't wait for Lithuania to have another medal this summer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MMT
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#52 » by MMT » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:27 pm

Croatian power (24 man)

Toni Katić
Oliver Lafayette
Rok Stipčević
Roko Ukić
Luka Babić
Bojan Bogdanović
Mario Hezonja
Fran Pilepić
Ivan Ramljak
Marko Ramljak
Damjan Rudež
Krunoslav Simon
Ivan Siriščević
Marko Arapović
Stanko Barać
Miro Bilan
Duje Dukan
Hrvoje Perić
Leon Radošević
Josip Sobin
Dario Šarić
Ante Tomić
Tomislav Zubčić
Luka Žorić
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#53 » by TheTrooper » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Not a bad squad, but nothing really impressive.
Im curious to see how much playing time is Hezonja going to get and how well is he going to use that time.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,465

Post#54 » by Mirotic12 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:28 am

Milbuck wrote:Have to disagree here. Losing one of the greatest players in Euroleague history is definitely a major blow.

I don't see any green font. If you are actually being serious and not trolling, then what in the freaking hell?
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#55 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:54 pm

Image Turkey announced 20 men preliminary squad. No Kanter.

PGs

Bobby Dixon -- (Pınar Karşıyaka Image)
Sinan Güler -- (Galatasaray Image)
Dogus Balbay -- (Anadolu Efes Image)
Kenan Sipahi -- (Fenerbahçe Image)
Kartal Özmizrak -- (Eskişehir Basket Image)

SGs

Melih Mahmutoglu -- (Fenerbahçe Image)
Can Maxim Mutaf -- (Banvit B.K. Image)
Hüseyin Göksenin Köksal -- (Darüssafaka Image)
Furkan Korkmaz -- (Anadolu Efes Image)

SFs

Cedi Osman -- (Anadolu Efes Image)
Birkan Batuk -- (Anadolu Efes Image)

PFs

Ersan Ilyasova -- (Pistons NBA)
Furkan Aldemir -- (76ers NBA)
Barış Hersek -- (Pınar Karşıyaka Image)
Samet Geyik -- (Tofaş S.K. Image)

Cs

Ömer Aşık -- (Pelicans NBA)
Oğuz Savaş -- (Fenerbahçe Image)
Semih Erden -- (Fenerbahçe Image)
Emircan Kosut -- (Anadolu Efes Image)
Egemen Güven -- (Pınar Karşıyaka Image)
paulius33
Junior
And1: 91

2015 Eurobasket 

Post#56 » by paulius33 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:45 am

Turkey always has a solid squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#57 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Image Serbia trim preliminary squad. 6 players that were cut : Stefan Birčević, Milan Mačvan, Nikola Jokić, Đorđe Majstorović, Vasilije Micić, Rade Zagorac.

Remaining Serbian preliminary squad :

Spoiler:
PGs

Miloš Teodosić -- (CSKA Moscow Image)
Nemanja Nedović -- (Valencia Image)
Stefan Marković -- (Unicaja Image)

SGs

Bogdan Bogdanović -- (Fenerbahçe Image)
Stefan Jović -- (Crvena zvezda Image)
Dragan Milosavljević -- (Partizan Image)

SFs

Nikola Kalinić -- (Crvena zvezda Image)
Marko Kešelj -- (KK Mega Basket Image)
Nemanja Dangubić -- (Crvena zvezda Image)
Marko Simonović -- (Élan Béarnais Image)

PFs

Nemanja Bjelica -- (Fenerbahçe Image)
Zoran Erceg -- (Galatasaray Image)
Luka Mitrović -- (Crvena zvezda Image)

Cs

Boban Marjanović -- (Crvena zvezda Image)
Miroslav Raduljica -- (Timberwolves NBA)
Vladimir Štimac -- (Bayern Munich Image)
Ognjen Kuzmić -- (Warriors NBA)
Nikola Milutinov -- (Partizan Image)
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#58 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:47 pm

Image Italy announced 16 men preliminary squad.

PGs

Daniel Hackett -- (EA7 Emporio Armani Milano Image)
Andrea Cinciarini -- (Pallacanestro Reggiana Image)
Amedeo Della Valle -- (Pallacanestro Reggiana Image)
Giuseppe Poeta -- (Bàsquet Manresa Image)

SGs

Marco Belinelli -- (Spurs NBA)
Alessandro Gentile -- (EA7 Emporio Armani Milano Image)
Pietro Aradori -- (Reyer Venezia Mestre Image)
Luca Vitali -- (Gran Canaria Image)

SFs

Danilo Gallinari -- (Nuggets NBA)
Luigi Datome -- (Celtics NBA)

PFs

Andrea Bargnani -- (Knicks NBA)
Nicolò Melli -- (EA7 Emporio Armani Milano Image)
Achille Polonara -- (Pallacanestro Reggiana Image)
Davide Pascolo -- (Aquila Basket Trento Image)

Cs

Marco Cusin -- (Guerino Vanoli Basket Image)
Riccardo Cervi -- (Pallacanestro Reggiana Image)
Von Bismarck
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#59 » by Von Bismarck » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:02 pm

I see big names on Italy but I don't see teamwork.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#60 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Image Spain also announced their 17 men preliminary squad. Coach Scariolo picked Mirotic, so taht means no Ibaka. Rubio, Navarro and Calderon are not on the list also.

PGs

Sergio Rodríguez -- (Real Madrid Image)
Sergio Llull -- (Real Madrid Image)
Pau Ribas -- (Valencia Image)
Quino Colom -- (Bilbao Image)
Guillem Vives -- (Valencia Image)

SGs

Fernando San Emeterio -- (Laboral Kutxa Image)
Xavi Rabaseda -- (Estudiantes Image)

SFs

Rudy Fernández -- (Real Madrid Image)
Álex Abrines -- (Barcelona Image)
Víctor Claver -- (Khimki Image)
Daní Díez -- (Gipuzkoa Basket Image)

PFs

Pau Gasol -- (Bulls NBA)
Nikola Mirotić -- (Bulls NBA)
Felipe Reyes -- (Real Madrid Image)
Pablo Aguilar -- (Valencia Image)

Cs