Kentucky's Trey Lyles

Moderator: bwgood77

JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Kentucky's Trey Lyles 

Post#1 » by JazzMatt13 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:52 am

I was wondering for those who watched all the Kentucky games, if they had anything to say about him. He is our new player, and I just wanted to know some of the stuff about him, like strength, weaknesses and stuff he is capable of.

I watched several games but I never really payed much attention to him til tournament.

What I know:

Tall and lanky, but underweight/sized for big forwards in NBA, but could play the 4. Has decent hands and has good offensive game, and like Rudy Gobert, very agile for his size.

Things I noticed:

knows how to cut the ball, hence why he has so many lobs and paint poitns, basically knows where to be on the court on offense, which includes driving the ball. Shooting has strong foundation to develop a mid range, with decent form. Very good with the ball in his hands, and played major role in the season's undefeated record.

Opinion:

Matchup nightmare for bigger 4's NBA and smaller 3's, will require a big body on him in the 8 foot area with the ball. With his cutting and movement, with his size, will likely make a living off mismatches. With a post up game and midrange he will be hard to guard, chances are they put someone smaller on him who is less quick, or much bigger guys who are slower.

What I don't know:

Defense?!
mojo13
Veteran
And1: 1,882

Re: Kentucky's Trey Lyles 

Post#2 » by mojo13 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Search the draft forum - there are a few in-depth threads about him. No need to repeat here.

Check out SB Nation's SLC Dunk Blog too.
BigBennett2013
Junior
And1: 246

Kentucky's Trey Lyles 

Post#3 » by BigBennett2013 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:42 am

Duke > Kentucky

Return to NCAA Basketball