Jaylen Brown

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Jaylen Brown 

Post#1 » by immortalone23 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:59 am

Couldn't find an official thread. I personally think he's going to be really good. I like him better than Simmons. He's going to be a beast at Cal.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akqAI_urBgQ[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcPSaJW8j7Q[/youtube]
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,466

Re: JAYLEN BROWN THREAD 

Post#2 » by Ball4life32 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm

He is going to be a beast...favorite player from the 2015 class. Wish he was coming to Ga Tech but I can understand why he didn't want to come with the current coach we have.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#3 » by No-Man » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:25 pm

I am not a fan of that Cal team, no idea how to Rabb is going to work as a C and with no space for his midrange game, shooting is meh, Matthews is a good shooter, Bird is capable, but Wallace and Jaylen are streaky at best, Tyrone will be the defacto lead guard and he is a guy that can pass, but rarely makes the right call.
I think it is going to take long and it might not even gel and work, we will see if Cuonzo makes some changes or what.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by immortalone23 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:45 pm

Fischella wrote:I am not a fan of that Cal team, no idea how to Rabb is going to work as a C and with no space for his midrange game, shooting is meh, Matthews is a good shooter, Bird is capable, but Wallace and Jaylen are streaky at best, Tyrone will be the defacto lead guard and he is a guy that can pass, but rarely makes the right call.
I think it is going to take long and it might not even gel and work, we will see if Cuonzo makes some changes or what.

How do you have them lining up?
Wallace
Bird
Brown
?
Rabb
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#5 » by iMoreland » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Welcome to Philly.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#6 » by No-Man » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:50 pm

immortalone23 wrote:
Fischella wrote:I am not a fan of that Cal team, no idea how to Rabb is going to work as a C and with no space for his midrange game, shooting is meh, Matthews is a good shooter, Bird is capable, but Wallace and Jaylen are streaky at best, Tyrone will be the defacto lead guard and he is a guy that can pass, but rarely makes the right call.

Wallace
Bird
Brown
?
Rabb

Matthews
Wallace
Bird
Brown
Rabb
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by immortalone23 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Fischella wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:

Wallace
Bird
Brown
?
Rabb

Matthews
Wallace
Bird
Brown
Rabb

Forgot about Matthews for a sec. Fit will be weird.
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#8 » by Masterfully » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Does he have tiny hands? On his one-handed dunks he curls his hand over the ball and uses his arm to cradle it. It reminds me of some dunkers from the 80's.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,405
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#9 » by E-Balla » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Masterfully wrote:Does he have tiny hands? On his one-handed dunks he curls his hand over the ball and uses his arm to cradle it. It reminds me of some dunkers from the 80's.

He has normal sized hands. In my totally biased opinion he's going to be the second best player in this draft.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,255

Post#10 » by Chuck Everett » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:52 pm

He might not eat as much as people think. 3 upperclass guards/wings (with pro futures) plus a pro big in Rabb. Now that he's there, Cuonzo may bring him off the bench to make sure there isn't an overlap of skills in the starting lineup. Brown would have to be the unquestioned best player on the team as a freshman to lead the team. I am still not seeing it.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#11 » by Marcus » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:01 pm

said it another thread he'll be "the guy" without being "the guy".

He'll get a chance to show off his passing, show enough of his strenghts while still be able to mask/show glimpses of potential and improvement on his weaknesses. Enough talent around him to not have to be the focal point but still could be the most important piece as a guy that does everything for this squad.

Shouldn't hurt his stock and if he does with this squad what I think he can then he can certainly cement himself into top 3 convo regardless of the Benders and Ingrams of the world.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
splendidham
Sophomore
And1: 36

JAYLEN BROWN THREAD 

Post#12 » by splendidham » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:29 am

Definite top 3. At this point I still have him ahead of Skal and Ingram. Ben is a personal favorite of mine so I'm probably biased. I really like Jaylen's attitude. Something a lot t of people don't mention is that he's very well spoken and intelligent, a natural in front of the camera so he has that to offer on top have his natural talent. Think he can be a number 1 option on a team eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Re: Re: JAYLEN BROWN THREAD 

Post#13 » by immortalone23 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:20 am

splendidham wrote:Definite top 3. At this point I still have him ahead of Skal and Ingram. Ben is a personal favorite of mine so I'm probably biased. I really like Jaylen's attitude. Something a lot t of people don't mention is that he's very well spoken and intelligent, a natural in front of the camera so he has that to offer on top have his natural talent. Think he can be a number 1 option on a team eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly have seen much of Ingram. Does he actually have a scoring arsenal or is it just because he can shoot the 3?
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#14 » by Masterfully » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Ingram looks a bit awkward moving around the court. Like a guy who just grew 6 inches in a year that isn't quite sure what to do with all of his arms and legs.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#15 » by EricAnderson » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:16 pm

He's a load in transition..in the half court he seems to struggle at times being a streaky shooter and finisher

Seems kind a similliar to Stanley Johnson
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#16 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:24 pm

EricAnderson wrote:He's a load in transition..in the half court he seems to struggle at times being a streaky shooter and finisher

Yeah, hes got a great first step and should be a good rebounder as well as defender. He also has flashes of great footwork. Overall, he needs to slow down his game and refine his handle. I see the Stanley Johnson similarities, but he's much quicker and actually has a first step. I think he's Lance Stephenson.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by immortalone23 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:40 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:He's a load in transition..in the half court he seems to struggle at times being a streaky shooter and finisher

Yeah, hes got a great first step and should be a good rebounder as well as defender. He also has flashes of great footwork. Overall, he needs to slow down his game and refine his handle. I see the Stanley Johnson similarities, but he's much quicker and actually has a first step. I think he's Lance Stephenson.

We talking bout Lance coming out of Cincy right?
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#18 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:15 pm

Stephenson isn't nearly as athletic imo. Don't see that comparison at all.

Lance was big/strong with nice handle. Not really that explosive.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#19 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:55 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Stephenson isn't nearly as athletic imo. Don't see that comparison at all.

Lance was big/strong with nice handle. Not really that explosive.

As of now he can be explosive, but you're right, he moves faster than Stephenson. They still have a similar game, but Brown is definitely quicker and more athletic.
peachbucket
Sixth Man
And1: 659

Post#20 » by peachbucket » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:29 am

Haven't seen Jaylen play much. Physically, he seems to be a slightly taller/longer version of James Harden.

Are their games similar?

Return to NBA Draft