Raptors/Celtics/Rockets ... Nba's elite GM's strike a deal!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Dukenukem23
Banned User
And1: 1,971

Raptors/Celtics/Rockets ... Nba's elite GM's strike a deal! 

Post#1 » by Dukenukem23 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:15 am

Raps trade: Jonas Valanciunas + 2017 Clippers 1st
Receive: Terrence jones + 2016 BROOKLYN 1ST

Raps get a player that better fits casey ball. Gives them 3 firsts in 2016 with nyk/den, tor, bkyn 1sts which can be used to trade up in the draft or to get a stud back via trade.

Celtics trade: 2016 Brooklyn 1st + Sullinger
Receive: Valanciunas

Use a pick to get their centre of the future and trim down the plethora of pf's. JV is the prize here imo, with the right team and the right coach he will blossom into an all star centre and Boston seems like the perfect fit.

Rockets trade: Jones
Receive: Sullinger + 2017 Clippers 1st

Donatas starts, morey doesn't want to Pay jones next year and pick up depth at pf and pick for future morey deals.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,032

Re: Raptors/Celtics/Rockets ... Nba's elite GM's strike a deal! 

Post#2 » by JDR720 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:26 am

I doubt Boston does it, that Nets pick is gold.
Dukenukem23
Banned User

Post#3 » by Dukenukem23 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:32 am

JDR720 wrote:I doubt Boston does it, that Nets pick is gold.

Maybe, maybe not. The east is so pathetic that if Lopez plays even half the season they may make the playoffs. in that scenario Boston makes out like bandits here.

If Boston balks now I can see thus being revisited at the trade deadline when seeding is more established.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#4 » by Golabki » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:18 am

Dukenukem23 wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. The east is so pathetic that if Lopez plays even half the season they may make the playoffs. in that scenario Boston makes out like bandits here.

If Boston balks now I can see thus being revisited at the trade deadline when seeding is more established.

I don't know if Vala is worth THAT much more than Sully
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#5 » by cl2117 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:38 am

Dukenukem23 wrote:

The East is awful, but if Lopez misses half the season the Nets are screwed and that pick is likely top 5. Same goes for Joe Johnson.

That pick could be a solid top 10 pick even if Lopez plays a full season.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,779

Post#6 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:41 am

I wouldn't trade the Brooklyn pick for Valanciunas straight up.

And in about 6 months all of these trade proposals undervaluing Sullinger will just look silly.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#7 » by brackdan70 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Boston and Houston say no IMO. unless its mid season and Brooklyn looks like a playoff team and the Clippers have injuries and are out.
at this point I would rather roll dice with the Brooklyn pick. make it the Boston pick going to Toronto and the Knicks pick going to Houston and then thats a fairer deal for all sides.
Sign here
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#8 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:37 pm

brackdan70 wrote:Boston and Houston say no IMO. unless its mid season and Brooklyn looks like a playoff team and the Clippers have injuries and are out.
at this point I would rather roll dice with the Brooklyn pick. make it the Boston pick going to Toronto and the Knicks pick going to Houston and then thats a fairer deal for all sides.

Toronto won't trade Valunciunas for a pick likely in between 16-20, that's terrible value.
youOK
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#9 » by youOK » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:44 pm

I think Val is definitely worth the Brooklyn pick as long as it's not top 5. Sully at this point I think is kind of a throw in considering his weight/health problems and impending free agency.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#10 » by bigmean » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:57 pm

thats just not good enough for toronto maybe sub the package of Nocerguia/Caboclo and Den/toronto pick instead of CLippers pick Valancininus than i would do the deal
Dukenukem23
Banned User

Post#11 » by Dukenukem23 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:55 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:I wouldn't trade the Brooklyn pick for Valanciunas straight up.

And in about 6 months all of these trade proposals undervaluing Sullinger will just look silly.

And yet it appears Ainge wad willing to deal the.Brooklyn pock along with 3 other picks for a #9 draft pick. Stop.over valuing the draft pick
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#12 » by cl2117 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Dukenukem23 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:I wouldn't trade the Brooklyn pick for Valanciunas straight up.

And yet it appears Ainge wad willing to deal the.Brooklyn pock along with 3 other picks for a #9 draft pick. Stop.over valuing the draft pick

You have a point with regards to the overvaluing of draft picks, but I don't think Ainge's attempt to get #9 is the best example of it.

Firstly he offered a Brooklyn pick, but it didn't specify which (this has the 2016 pick which is in my opinion the best of the 3 Nets picks Boston has the rights to). Secondly it was for Winslow who some had rated as the #3 guy on their boards for a while, so not your average guy available at #9. And lastly I think a lot of people think Charlotte are fools for letting that haul go for Frank the Tank, so it's not fair to say Ainge didn't get that deal done, when Charlotte is catching some flak for letting it go.

That being said draft picks on this board are tremendously overrated.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#13 » by Xman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:10 pm

Houston would try to cut out Boston:
Val for
TJones, Capela
pick package: 2016 NY 2nd, 3 2017 2nds (Hou, Den, NY), Hou 2018 1st (top 4 protection)
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,779

Post#14 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Dukenukem23 wrote:

It was the 2018 pick. And Ainge was a fool to offer it. As I said in the other thread, Cho saved Ainge from his own stupidity.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Dukenukem23
Banned User

Post#15 » by Dukenukem23 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:46 pm

[instagram][/instagram]
Xman wrote:Houston would try to cut out Boston:
Val for
TJones, Capela
pick package: 2016 NY 2nd, 3 2017 2nds (Hou, Den, NY), Hou 2018 1st (top 4 protection)

I'd take it, but why would Houston want Jonas when they have Dwight?
Dukenukem23
Banned User

Post#16 » by Dukenukem23 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:52 pm

:evil:
Curmudgeon wrote:
Dukenukem23 wrote:

It was the 2018 pick. And Ainge was a fool to offer it. As I said in the other thread, Cho saved Ainge from his own stupidity.

Yeah one of those deals that you can say sometimes the beat deals are the ones you don't make.

As for this trade it does make alot of sense for Boston. Sullinger is a decent role player but he has back and weight issues and he's going to get paid soon. His contract will be very high risk.

The chances of whoever gets drafted with that Brooklyn pick being better than Jonas Valanciunas are minimal. The pick looks to be from 5-18 right now. JV was a #5 pick and has looked very promising on the court. His PER and per 36 for a 22 yr old centre are monsterous. Give him a coach that Will play him and let him touch the ball and he will flourish.
RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Post#17 » by RealityIsDemar » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Nobody does it.
Shoutout to Bruno Skull for the sig
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#18 » by Xman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Houston would do the cut out deal for Jonas to get big man depth. Howard would be much better if he could let loose and not worry about fouls.
PLUS - Howard's free throw percentage issue is a problem in the 4th and occasionally in other quarters (GS actually went hack-a-howard in the first half a couple of times. Val would eliminate that problem for the most part. Not enough of a downgrade to waste fouls on Howard and Val can finish if needed.

Right now - Houston needs a backup center. Capela is looking like he will develop into a nice center, maybe even an all star someday - but Houston needs a veteran.

now:
pg - Lawson, Beverly
sg - Harden, McDaniels, JTerry
sf - Ariza, Brewer, Dekker
pf - Motie, TJones, Harrell
c - Howard, Capela

With Val:
pg - Lawson, Beverly
sg - Harden, McDaniels, JTerry
sf - Ariza, Brewer, Dekker
pf - Motie, Harrell
c - Howard, JVal

Rox are super solid and have solid backups at the pg, sg and sf spots. Howard locks down the starting center position. Motie played well at pf before he got hurt last year - and team is counting on him.
Trade pieces: TJones and Capela showed what they could do in the playoffs - quality big men that are still developing and could be really good.

By doing the deal, center depth and end game issues are resolved. Then, the team has only one position that is not set in stone two deep - which would be power forward. Worst case, Motie is a great backup - best case he is that stretch 4 that will space the offense.
Still, one weak spot is easier to hide and or fix when you are two deep across the board.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Re: Re: Raptors/Celtics/Rockets ... Nba's elite GM's strike a deal! 

Post#19 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:20 am

Xman wrote:Houston would try to cut out Boston:
Val for
TJones, Capela

Toronto laughs you off the phone. Jones is good but he isn't better then Jonas Valanciunas then you have Capela who is pretty meh and the second round picks are not that big of a tipping point. I would rather stick to what we have and add to a good team.

bigmean wrote:thats just not good enough for toronto maybe sub the package of Nocerguia/Caboclo and Den/toronto pick instead of CLippers pick Valancininus than i would do the deal

So it is one of Bebe Noguera or Bruno Caboclo and Denver or New Yorks pick for The Nets pick and Jones? I think it is a wash if that is the case, both picks are going to very good and I think I rather keep our package of Bruno Caboclo plus The Nuggets or Knicks pick over Jones plus The Nets pick
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,880

Post#20 » by LarsV8 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:38 am

Sullinger is terrible, no interest whatsoever.

Return to Trades and Transactions