Image ImageImage Image

Official Chicago Sky Thread - Sky WNBA CHAMPS!!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

organix85
General Manager
And1: 331

Re: OT- ELENA DELLE DONNE!/Official Chicago Sky Thread 

Post#341 » by organix85 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Too lazy to look this up... but how did Phoenix get Griner when their team was already good. Was Diana injured or something?
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Imagine how much more athletic Noah would be if he didn't have his big ass ball sack dragging him down
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#342 » by Jcool0 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:02 pm

organix85 wrote:Too lazy to look this up... but how did Phoenix get Griner when their team was already good. Was Diana injured or something?

Played in just eight games (4-4 Mercury record), the fewest of her nine-year WNBA career… Had never played fewer than 31 games in her previous eight seasons. Missed 17 games rehabilitating a strained left hip flexor
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 127

Post#343 » by SherronShabazz » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:20 am

organix85 wrote:Too lazy to look this up... but how did Phoenix get Griner when their team was already good. Was Diana injured or something?

they tanked
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,692

Post#344 » by nitetrain8603 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:27 am

SherronShabazz wrote:

they tanked

Bingo.

Either way, we Vander Sloot and Quiqley can go. It was a great season though and I look forward to them improving more next year.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,752

Post#345 » by Jeffster81 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:05 am

I think the Sky missed Breeland as much as they did a healthy EDD. This team is good and talented enough to have beaten PHX but it the Mercury simply wasn't going to be denied. If the Sky was healthy, I think this series would have gone 5, so I am excited to see what these young women can do next year.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#346 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:58 pm

Sylvia Fowles is a jackass.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#347 » by Hangtime84 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 3:25 am

TheSuzerain wrote:Sylvia Fowles is a jackass.

Totally agree

I was looking for more information on this.

If this was NBA she would get blasted on MEDIA
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,407

Post#348 » by Indomitable » Sun Aug 2, 2015 3:17 am

What happened?
:banghead:
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,339

Post#349 » by fleet » Sun Aug 2, 2015 2:16 pm

Indomitable wrote:

What happened?

She demanded to be traded, and was willing to sit out the entire season if not. I don't believe this makes her a bad person myself, its her career.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,339

Post#350 » by fleet » Sun Aug 2, 2015 2:32 pm

Now, if they were still paying her salary while she sat, well that's different. And, you could be right to question her loyalty to Chicago, and her team since IDK if they did anything to prompt this from her. But even if they didn't , she is free to use any and all options to find her happiness.

How do I square my stance on this with my feelings about Rose being a healthy scratch? Rose was cashing checks and bull******* people. I thought Sylvia was pretty clear. Unless there is more to this than I know, which isn't much
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#351 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 3:25 pm

What is it with Chicago basketball franchises and dysfunction? Delle Donne will have to carry the team until we can add more talent around her to fully replace Fowles.
FORMIDABULLS
Senior
And1: 138

Post#352 » by FORMIDABULLS » Sun Aug 2, 2015 3:32 pm

I think at worse, it wouldn't have been be as bad as Deng's misdiagnosis and the later spinal tap incident, but you also got to understand her move with some context. She demanded to be traded to a powerhouse who won 2 championships in the last 3 years with the same core. This completes a superteam with all-stars level players at 4 of 5 starting positions, likely extending their championship window with them getting up in age except the younger Maya Moore, who was last year's MVP. In the spirit of competition, this could be as bad as the Lebron, Wade and Bosh colluding to join up in South Beach to win not 1, not 2, not... the sad part is that the Sky are a up and coming team themselves who made the Finals last year. Due to the WNBA's version of the franchise tag, they could only trade Fowles to the one team she dictated for whatever return they can get. Otherwise, she could continue to sit out and she walks at the end of this season.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#353 » by SherronShabazz » Wed Aug 5, 2015 3:46 pm

I've been covering the team for the last couple of seasons. From what I understand Fowles just wanted a change. It's as simple as that. Because she ONLY wanted to go to Minnesota it hurt the team. They struggled to pull off a trade.

Now that the trade is done, they might as well hand the championship over to Minnesota. It sucks all around.

However, I think that the Sky are better without Fowles in certain ways. Fowles was a ball stopper. A black hole. She never passed out of double teams. She always got frustrated with non-calls. Now the offense flows much better. The Sky have the best offense in the W (85.7 PPG). Minnesota is next with 77.9.

What Fowles gave you most was defense, rebounding, blocked shots. The Sky are third in the league in rebounding and first in blocks.

They give up the most points in the league, but they had the same issues last year and made it to the Finals. The defense is tightening up and improving.

The Sky will be alright.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#354 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Aug 5, 2015 3:59 pm

Sorry, but it's not as simple as that.

"She just wanted to leave" is some subpar journalism.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#355 » by SherronShabazz » Wed Aug 5, 2015 4:02 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Sorry, but it's not as simple as that.

"She just wanted to leave" is some subpar journalism.

haha well you're not alone. lots of people feel that way. I have my sources. this is what they told me. I know nothing else.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,752

Post#356 » by Jeffster81 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 5:32 pm

I would have held onto Fowles for the rest of the season and delay that potential dynasty from starting for a little longer, while giving the Sky their best chance at a title this year.

But this sucks, this is the second time in franchise history in which a "core" player forced her way out of Chicago. The other being Candace Dupree. What is it about the franchise that franchise players want to get away from and should we worry about EDD In the future?
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#357 » by SherronShabazz » Wed Aug 5, 2015 7:55 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:I would have held onto Fowles for the rest of the season and delay that potential dynasty from starting for a little longer, while giving the Sky their best chance at a title this year.

But this sucks, this is the second time in franchise history in which a "core" player forced her way out of Chicago. The other being Candace Dupree. What is it about the franchise that franchise players want to get away from and should we worry about EDD In the future?

If they let her walk next year they may have gotten nothing. At least they got de Souza out of the deal. She will help in the playoffs.

I think these are 2 very different scenarios with Dupree and Fowles. Both players had to endure horrific losing, but Fowles at least experienced 1 winning season, and the Finals.

It happens all the time. Cappie Pondexter wanted out of PHX to play in NY. Tina Charles wanted out of CT to go to NY. It's just a head scratcher because the team was on the rise. With Taurasi sitting out this season the Sky would have been the favorite to win it. Oh well...

Regarding Elena... I don't know. Who knows? They need to work as hard as they can to make sure she's happy and comfortable, that's for sure.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#358 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 am

Delle Donne traded.

Sky management is a **** joke. Like honestly 10 times as incompetent as GarPax.

First the bull with Sylvia Fowles and now this. Unforgivable.

That SherronShabazz guy better be drafting a ruthless hit piece as we speak.
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#359 » by stilldropin20 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:01 am

^^^ wtf!!!!!! only player in the wnba id pay to watch.
like i said, its a full rebuild.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,537

Post#360 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 am

TheSuzerain wrote:Delle Donne traded.

Sky management is a **** joke. Like honestly 10 times as incompetent as GarPax.

First the bull with Sylvia Fowles and now this. Unforgivable.

That SherronShabazz guy better be drafting a ruthless hit piece as we speak.

Couldn't agree more. How do you start with EDD and Fowles and end up with nothing to show for it?? :banghead:
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !

Return to Chicago Bulls