ImageImageImage

Training Camp

dgonz424
Junior
And1: 179

Training Camp 

Post#1 » by dgonz424 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:17 am

I'll start things off. You guys think we need to trade for Evan Mathis or hold onto Turner and Thomas at the guard spots?

I, for one, believe they're struggling not just because of how good our defensive line is, but because Thomas has always been garbage and Turner just isn't prepared and hasn't faced this kind of talent.

I'd give up a fourth rounder for Mathis.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Re: Training Camp 

Post#2 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:29 am

dgonz424 wrote:I'll start things off. You guys think we need to trade for Evan Mathis or hold onto Turner and Thomas at the guard spots?

I, for one, believe they're struggling not just because of how good our defensive line is, but because Thomas has always been garbage and Turner just isn't prepared and hasn't faced this kind of talent.

Mathis is a free agent. We can just out right sign which we should, I think we're hesitant because of his price tag. With the way buffalo and the Jets defense improved Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner starting at guard will get Tannehill killed.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#3 » by QUIZ » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:29 am

I'm here

I will warn you though I'm not a big football guy I follow basketball almost exclusively. I'll try to post here from time to time though whenever I do catch a game.

I am the King after all :) I gotta lead by example and all that.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#4 » by Zasterror » Thu Aug 6, 2015 4:09 am

Here's to TanHill's continued progression. Hopefully the O-Line doesn't hinder his growth.
dgonz424
Junior

Re: Re: Training Camp 

Post#5 » by dgonz424 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:44 pm

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:
dgonz424 wrote:I'll start things off. You guys think we need to trade for Evan Mathis or hold onto Turner and Thomas at the guard spots?

Mathis is a free agent. We can just out right sign which we should, I think we're hesitant because of his price tag. With the way buffalo and the Jets defense improved Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner starting at guard will get Tannehill killed.

Ah, my mistake. I must've been confused because last time I heard of him he was still an Eagle.

I totally agree. Our defensive line is not the only strong one in the AFC East, much less in our schedule. I especially want Thomas out of there. Reminds me of another Thomas (Daniel) that got way more playing time than anybody expected.
dgonz424
Junior

Post#6 » by dgonz424 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:45 pm

qjz123 wrote:I'm here

I will warn you though I'm not a big football guy I follow basketball almost exclusively. I'll try to post here from time to time though whenever I do catch a game.

I am the King after all :) I gotta lead by example and all that.

I'd And 1 ya but I'm on my phone.

Good to see the King here. Planning on switching to Tommen any time soon and then someone else once he's killed?
dgonz424
Junior

Post#7 » by dgonz424 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:47 pm

Zasterror wrote:Here's to TanHill's continued progression. Hopefully the O-Line doesn't hinder his growth.

If we sign Mathis, do you think we'll be covered?
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#8 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Thu Aug 6, 2015 6:29 pm

dgonz424 wrote:
Zasterror wrote:Here's to TanHill's continued progression. Hopefully the O-Line doesn't hinder his growth.

Honestly with the O-line we have now we still should be a playoff team. Mathis will just make us better but we'll still have problems if Brandon albert isn't healthy but realistically i think we should start the season 6-0 or 5-1, the best QB we play in the first 6 weeks is Geno Smith and as long as we're not playing them on week 17 we should get a normal geno smith.

The worst we should start is 4-2.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#9 » by Zasterror » Thu Aug 6, 2015 8:12 pm

dgonz424 wrote:

We will be in a much better position than we are now.

In the AFC East where every team's front 4 in elite, we need to have reliable guards to uphold the middle. Pouncey can't do it on his own.

People complain about TanHill's lack of long-ball and pocket presence (to be fair, some of it IS TanHill's fault) but he has had a terrible O-line since he's been drafted; TanHill barely had time in the pocket for the past 2 years (which is why he's been sacked more than anyone else in that time frame). We are slowly creating a semblance of a decent O-line but we are always missing important ingredients and/or depth. I doubt Albert will be 100% healthy at the start of the season but he needs to get healthy by the time we face the Bills.

At the end of the day, TanHill will not reach his full potential if he doesn't get the consistent protection he needs. It's as simple as that.
dgonz424
Junior

Post#10 » by dgonz424 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 11:04 pm

I agree that Mathis would put us in a better position but I'm not so sure we're a playoff team even now with our depth and Brady's looming ban.

I just feel like the coaching staff doesn't make good enough use out of the talent we have. I still remember that last play last season against the Packers at home where we left Wheeler out in a red zone passing situation against AARON FREAKING RODGERS. I also recall reports of resentment amongst the defense against our defensive coordinator for things like asking Wake to drop back in pass coverage. Not saying you've got to be perfect but you can't make negative contributions.

Anybody else see that clip of the Wisconsin head coach that had Russell Wilson during his time there on Dan LeBatard Highly Questionable? Supposedly during his meeting he recommended they draft Wilson and the reception wasn't good. From then on he knew their philosophies on how to win were incompatible. I think it's very telling. Ross had more confidence in Ireland and Philbin... Lol...

Return to Miami Dolphins