ImageImageImageImage

2015 Cowboy bold predictions?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,241

2015 Cowboy bold predictions? 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 6, 2015 9:45 pm

Read on the hoop the other day and saw everyone's bold predictions. I was surprised nobody mentioned him so I will. My bold prediction going into this season is Cole Beasley will have a huge year for us. My only other bold prediction I have at this time is barring health and injuries, Cowboys will surprise and be a top10 defense this year.
ncmalko1
Junior
And1: 0

Re: 2015 Cowboy bold predictions? 

Post#2 » by ncmalko1 » Sat Aug 8, 2015 2:34 am

Cole Beasley will never have a huge year. He is too small and a #3 at best. Dallas is a run first team and #3 WRs dont get the ball enough in that type of system. He is a product of having a great WR and a great TE. He is boarder line NFL talent. The guy mostly catches dump off passes. If he was ever put in a starting role you'd see how limited he is. He carved out a nice career as being a dump off receiver... but if he faced starting caliber CB's he'd be quickly silenced.

If the Cowboys move up from the 22nd ranked D to top 10 they will win the SB this year. Hardy is an incredible upgrade and Dallas really struggled pressuring the QB last year. I dont see a top 10 D out of this unit though. The secondary isnt very good and the DLine outside of Hardy doesnt have elite talent. Lee is a beast and will be a big addition if he stays healthy.

My bold prediction for Dallas is that now Murray is gone Dez will lead the league in receiving.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:06 pm

1 - Our secondary will be a strength of the team. It's becoming clear that Byron Jones can play. Whether at S or CB - the kid will be a contributor this season. And although Patmon is a little dinged right now, it looks like he wants to be in the mix. Ride pine Claiborne.

2 - I think we are getting an answer about whether or not Dustin Vaughan has improved enough going into his third season to warrant further time and effort. He doesn't. He's gone by Opening Day. Whether it's Jameill Showers or someone else - it won't be Vaughan.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:25 pm

ncmalko1 wrote:Cole Beasley will never have a huge year. He is too small and a #3 at best. Dallas is a run first team and #3 WRs dont get the ball enough in that type of system. He is a product of having a great WR and a great TE. He is boarder line NFL talent. The guy mostly catches dump off passes. If he was ever put in a starting role you'd see how limited he is. He carved out a nice career as being a dump off receiver... but if he faced starting caliber CB's he'd be quickly silenced.

If the Cowboys move up from the 22nd ranked D to top 10 they will win the SB this year. Hardy is an incredible upgrade and Dallas really struggled pressuring the QB last year. I dont see a top 10 D out of this unit though. The secondary isnt very good and the DLine outside of Hardy doesnt have elite talent. Lee is a beast and will be a big addition if he stays healthy.

My bold prediction for Dallas is that now Murray is gone Dez will lead the league in receiving.

That's hardly a bold prediction on your part, lol. And I don't seek your approval or expect you to ever agree with anything I post. Dez will draw a lot of attention and the Cowboys will pass more this year. Cole Beasly will have 8 + T.D.'s this year.
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#5 » by ncmalko1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:33 am

Wait... you're saying its clear your rookie 1st round pick is going to be good because of what? He had a great preseason? Wait... he hasnt even played in a pre season game yet. He might turn out to be the next Revis but you cant make that prediction before he even plays a single game. I think you're jumping the gun.

Cole Beasley 8+ TD. HIllarious. Dude is likable cause he is small and gritty but he is a boarder line NFL player. Too small and the best he will ever be is a 400 yard dump off receiver type. Lets me guess... youre expecting close to 1000 yards from him too, right? I guarantee you Josh Huff (Who?) has more yards and TD's then Beasley.
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#6 » by ncmalko1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:40 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
ncmalko1 wrote:Cole Beasley will never have a huge year. He is too small and a #3 at best. Dallas is a run first team and #3 WRs dont get the ball enough in that type of system. He is a product of having a great WR and a great TE. He is boarder line NFL talent. The guy mostly catches dump off passes. If he was ever put in a starting role you'd see how limited he is. He carved out a nice career as being a dump off receiver... but if he faced starting caliber CB's he'd be quickly silenced.

That's hardly a bold prediction on your part, lol. And I don't seek your approval or expect you to ever agree with anything I post. Dez will draw a lot of attention and the Cowboys will pass more this year. Cole Beasly will have 8 + T.D.'s this year.

I think it is considering Dez barely cracked the top 10 (8th) for the first time in his career last year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:21 am

It was just reported the Egals lost one of their starting DB's today !!!! That pleases me. :falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:24 am

ncmalko1 wrote:Wait... you're saying its clear your rookie 1st round pick is going to be good because of what? He had a great preseason? Wait... he hasnt even played in a pre season game yet. He might turn out to be the next Revis but you cant make that prediction before he even plays a single game. I think you're jumping the gun.

Cole Beasley 8+ TD. HIllarious. Dude is likable cause he is small and gritty but he is a boarder line NFL player. Too small and the best he will ever be is a 400 yard dump off receiver type. Lets me guess... youre expecting close to 1000 yards from him too, right? I guarantee you Josh Huff (Who?) has more yards and TD's then Beasley.

I'll bet you a case of beer right now that Beasley has at least 8 T.D.'s this year.
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#9 » by ncmalko1 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:23 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:It was just reported the Egals lost one of their starting DB's today !!!! That pleases me. :falloff:

Staying classy as always!

Id bet you a case a beer but its illegal to ship alcohol. Can you think of something else? He isnt scoring 8+ TDs so why dont we see who has better stats... him or Josh Huff.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:19 pm

I'd rather see Escobar have 8 TD's... but that's just me.
Cowboycolors
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#11 » by Cowboycolors » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Nick I don't want the bet but you can sneak it through :) like when I paid off my bet with you a couple years back .

Just saying .......
Probably not a case of beer though liquor or wine yea but beer would be expensive and most likely end up in the UPS or FedEx employees summer picnic of confiscated alcohol
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:26 pm

ncmalko1 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:It was just reported the Egals lost one of their starting DB's today !!!! That pleases me. :falloff:

Staying classy as always!

Id bet you a case a beer but its illegal to ship alcohol. Can you think of something else? He isnt scoring 8+ TDs so why dont we see who has better stats... him or Josh Huff.

And I see your summer therapy sessions have once again done you any good.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#13 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:24 am

Malko. Beasley is perfect for this teams needs. No one believes he is a #1 WR. What he is however is a chain mover. & to be a reliable Chain mover you must have good hands. & when you are as small as he is you must run good patterns. So to say he is borderline NFL talent ,when he runs better patterns than a ton of guys & has better hands than majority of guys, is kinda ridiculous. Sounds like an Eagles fan just hatin'
As far as success this year. To me players like Beasley. Its about how important he is to the team , than the stats he brings. That stat I will be interested is how many 1st downs he catches. he could very well lead the team in that stat, even with a ton less pass looks. (I think Witten will have the most but the possibility is there)
If Beasley had 4 catches for 27 yds (& four 1st downs) I would take that over your guy with 2 catches for 68 yards (1 1st down) Even though technically your guy has better stats, I would think Beasley had the better game. So it is all how you look at what is important to you. So quit picking on my lil' Chain mover :D
that would play over a ton of WRs in the league, so barely NFL talent, means you think anyone not a starter is barely NFL talent, then ok I guess.
The man does what he is paid to do. Catch 1st downs. (extend drives for the bigger names to get their glory)
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#14 » by ncmalko1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:29 am

Its not an Eagles fan hating. Why didnt you mention the fact that I called Dez and Witten "GREAT"? Is that an Eagle fan hating?

Beasley is relegated to being a #3. He carved out a nice career doing exactly what you said. Catching little dump off passes and collecting a few 1st downs. I agree with that. However, someone else is predicting him to have a huge season and close to double digit TDs. Riley Cooper had 8 TD's in 2013 and he is one of the worst WR's in the NFL so I guess its possible but Cooper can grab jump balls in the red zone. But Cooper is a great blocker so he too carved out a niche roll in the NFL. But neither Cooper nor Beasley is very good. People relate to Beasley cause he is small and white but he's just another mediocre player that will never do anything significant.

I 100% guarantee Josh Huff will close to double all of Beasley numbers this year. Just watch. And yes, thats me being an Eagle homer but he has the tools to be an ELITE number 3. Beasley is just a "whatever" type of player.
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#15 » by ncmalko1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:31 am

And Beasley wont come anywhere close to catching 4 balls a game. The guy averaged 2 catches a game at a mediocre 11 yards per catch. I dont think he is "perfect" for Dallas. Someone perfect at the 3 could have big play, stab you in the heart at the end of a game talent. Beasley sure aint that.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46807/260/no-3-wide-receiver-rankings
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#16 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:31 am

his last 3 games
against the packers 3 for 38 yds
against the Lions 4 for 63 yds
against the skins 6 for 57 yds.
Seems to have a habit lately of getting close to 4 catches a game to me
he avg. 3.5 catches his final 8 games. The idea you think it is gonna be super rare for him to catch 4 catches in a game, just shows how closed minded you're being.

Again I don't think anyone is saying Beasley will ever be great. but again his job is to extend Drives for the greats. Wouldn't surprise me to see him catch 50+ balls this season. I love having a player like Beasley on the team for 3rd downs. Even if he was a #4 WR he would get the job done on 3rd downs. I think you are talking of players that have a higher ceiling. We can all admit Beasley is what he is & that's it. But I like seeing him on the field when we need a 1st. He has sure hands & is willing to catch the ball in a crowd. if we ever had a WR step up to be the #3 & be the WR waiting in the winds to become the starter that would be great, but until then I am cool with Beasley and the 9 yds in a cloud of dust. I think chain movers are extremely important. Also think of them as more important than some guy that can make the big play every few games, but inconsistent or unreliable. With a QB like Bradford (or foles) you would love to have a lil chain mover to go with your weapons. You cant have 53 superstars. Without reliable role players, you cant have a good team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:38 am

Its O.K. Malko has total criticized everything I've posted for over 3 years now. Quite used to it frankly. However, I believe for one thing, we will throw more this year despite our great O-line. Not saying we won't be a good run team, Just feel we will throw more. I'm thinking defensive coordinators have been spending all off season trying to figure out ways to hold its own vs, our O-line and what the hell to do about DEZ. We all know Witten is Romo's favorite receiver. Most of the attention will focus on always stopping Witten and Dez 1st. Williams is mostly a long threat and is having hamstring trouble for weeks now. For us to continue to be a very good offense and championship contender, Escobar and Beasley, will have opportunities to make a huge difference this year. My bet is both will but from what I'm hearing, Beasley has a great off season and has looked great in camp. The last 5 or six games last year, appeared that Romo and Beasley developed a great rapore and confidence that should carry over this year.
A person can't even hide and mind his own business in a Cowboy room without getting attacked by trolls.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:00 pm

I'd like to add a bold prediction to my earlier ones.

Jeff Heath will not make the opening day 53. At least I hope not. A safety needs to tackle. That doesn't seem to be a strength of his.
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#19 » by ncmalko1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:his last 3 games
against the packers 3 for 38 yds
against the Lions 4 for 63 yds
against the skins 6 for 57 yds.
Seems to have a habit lately of getting close to 4 catches a game to me
he avg. 3.5 catches his final 8 games. The idea you think it is gonna be super rare for him to catch 4 catches in a game, just shows how closed minded you're being.

Again I don't think anyone is saying Beasley will ever be great. but again his job is to extend Drives for the greats. Wouldn't surprise me to see him catch 50+ balls this season. I love having a player like Beasley on the team for 3rd downs. Even if he was a #4 WR he would get the job done on 3rd downs. I think you are talking of players that have a higher ceiling. We can all admit Beasley is what he is & that's it. But I like seeing him on the field when we need a 1st. He has sure hands & is willing to catch the ball in a crowd. if we ever had a WR step up to be the #3 & be the WR waiting in the winds to become the starter that would be great, but until then I am cool with Beasley and the 9 yds in a cloud of dust. I think chain movers are extremely important. Also think of them as more important than some guy that can make the big play every few games, but inconsistent or unreliable. With a QB like Bradford (or foles) you would love to have a lil chain mover to go with your weapons. You cant have 53 superstars. Without reliable role players, you cant have a good team.

I see what you're getting at and have no issue with it at all. Im just not very high on Beasley. I think Dallas could use a major upgrade at that position. I get your point on his increasing numbers at the end of last season but, again, scrub ass Riley Cooper had 750 yards in 8 games. Does that mean he will be a 1500 yard receiver? Beasley is just a whatever type of guy just like a Riley Cooper etc. etc.
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#20 » by ncmalko1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Its O.K. Malko has total criticized everything I've posted for over 3 years now. Quite used to it frankly. However, I believe for one thing, we will throw more this year despite our great O-line. Not saying we won't be a good run team, Just feel we will throw more. I'm thinking defensive coordinators have been spending all off season trying to figure out ways to hold its own vs, our O-line and what the hell to do about DEZ. We all know Witten is Romo's favorite receiver. Most of the attention will focus on always stopping Witten and Dez 1st. Williams is mostly a long threat and is having hamstring trouble for weeks now. For us to continue to be a very good offense and championship contender, Escobar and Beasley, will have opportunities to make a huge difference this year. My bet is both will but from what I'm hearing, Beasley has a great off season and has looked great in camp. The last 5 or six games last year, appeared that Romo and Beasley developed a great rapore and confidence that should carry over this year.
A person can't even hide and mind his own business in a Cowboy room without getting attacked by trolls.

I do criticize everything you say because over the last 3 years you've said 1. Dallas is going 16-0, 2. Philly is the worst team in the NFL and they proceed to go to the playoffs, 3. Cole Beasley and his 35 catches and 400 yards is going to have a big season. But Im the troll. Remind me again who got booted off the ESPN board, then the Hoopla board by a fellow Cowboy fan. Yeah, and Im the troll.

Return to Dallas Cowboys