Giants really let this one get away.
Free Palestine
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Re: W1: Giants @ Cowboys 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:01 am

It was heartbreaking but based on those other two drives The Cowboys had during the game, you knew they would get down the field.

Their will be lots of second guesses on the 3rd down play where the Giants Passed instead of running it in for another touchdown or 40 seconds off the clock.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Re: W1: Giants @ Cowboys 

Post#3 » by Stannis » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:31 am

I know the defense didn't look that great, but they did their job with the 3 takeaways. You can't ask for more than that. The offense just couldn't capitalize. That's been the problem for the last few years now for these important games. Overworking the defense, while the offense is just a field goal/3-and-out fest. You have to at least run the clock down properly.

The clock management was bad that entire quarter, not just the last play. There were 2-3 other plays where Eli should've let the clock go down about 10-15 seconds more, but he seemed really eager to just play.

I expect smarter decision making from veterans like Eli and Coughlin.
Free Palestine
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Week 1: Giants @ Cowboys 

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Such a winnable game, and I had no expectation of that going in. I really had no expectations this season, but that win would have made a lot more possible. Barnwell's writeup today was really good on how botched the clock management was, and even that they probably should have just gone on 4th down at that point. Just ugh.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to New York Giants