ImageImageImageImageImage

Zach Lowe thinks knicks logo is sh*t

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Re: Zach Lowe thinks knicks logo is sh*t 

Post#61 » by kingquan316 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:09 am

Bill Pidto wrote:What a bunch of BS. Knicks logo is classic. It screams "New York" without having to incorporate the predictable city skyline. The hell does Zach Lowe know about branding?

Knicks don't need a mascot or a special symbol. The name "KNICKS" is unique and recognizable in itself. The big block letters, the blue and orange colors, and the incorporation of the basketball is perfect to me. I think I read not long ago that even the triangle has a meaning. Something representing New York in some way. Funny coincidence that the triangle is such a theme here now with Phil in office.

Anyway.. I don't mind change.. but not when it comes to this kinda thing. I love the classic look in sports, especially for my NY teams. I hate the way NBA jerseys have changed over time. I hate the orange unis for the Knicks, and would hate it if they changed their regular unis too drastically. The same way I would hate for the Yankees to stop wearing pinstripes, or if they started calling Yankee Stadium "Google Stadium", or the Garden, "Chase Garden". Keep the Knicks logo the way it is.

My thoughts exactly. :D
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,096

Post#62 » by moocow007 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:03 pm

kingquan316 wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:What a bunch of BS. Knicks logo is classic. It screams "New York" without having to incorporate the predictable city skyline. The hell does Zach Lowe know about branding?

Knicks don't need a mascot or a special symbol. The name "KNICKS" is unique and recognizable in itself. The big block letters, the blue and orange colors, and the incorporation of the basketball is perfect to me. I think I read not long ago that even the triangle has a meaning. Something representing New York in some way. Funny coincidence that the triangle is such a theme here now with Phil in office.

Anyway.. I don't mind change.. but not when it comes to this kinda thing. I love the classic look in sports, especially for my NY teams. I hate the way NBA jerseys have changed over time. I hate the orange unis for the Knicks, and would hate it if they changed their regular unis too drastically. The same way I would hate for the Yankees to stop wearing pinstripes, or if they started calling Yankee Stadium "Google Stadium", or the Garden, "Chase Garden". Keep the Knicks logo the way it is.

Time to get you guys each a pair of short shorts so you guys can go full old school. :lol:
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#63 » by Bill Pidto » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:17 pm

moocow007 wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:

Time to get you guys each a pair of short shorts so you guys can go full old school. :lol:

Actually.. old school to me is mid-90s/early 2000s stuff. The stuff guys like Jordan and Allen Iverson made popular. Oversized shorts and jerseys. Fresh fades. Charlotte Hornets Starter jackets. Purple Raptors unis. Guys doing post-game pressers in fitted hats and throwbacks. TAKE ME BACKKKKKKK!!!
St Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#64 » by St Knick » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:47 pm

he's right, our logo is pretty lame, nothing special.
KNICKS FAN FOR LIFE
knicks9784
Starter
And1: 147

Post#65 » by knicks9784 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:51 pm

who the **** is zach lowe?
Anders wrote:The sweetest revenge is living well! Darius Rucker said it, so you know its real!
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#66 » by kingquan316 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:

Actually.. old school to me is mid-90s/early 2000s stuff. The stuff guys like Jordan and Allen Iverson made popular. Oversized shorts and jerseys. Fresh fades. Charlotte Hornets Starter jackets. Purple Raptors unis. Guys doing post-game pressers in fitted hats and throwbacks. TAKE ME BACKKKKKKK!!!

Old school is in right now anyways. Look how many teams have tried to revert back to their old logos or very similar to their old logos as their primary or secondary logos. (e.g. Hawks, Sixers, Jazz, Warriros).
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#67 » by N Y K » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:20 pm

What would be ill, is if they ditched the wild blue for some Yankee navy. That would be sick with the orange.
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#68 » by louieOrr » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:48 pm

This guy invalidated himself with the Utah logo review. Anyone in their right mind would be calling for a name change. That whole basketball as jazz metaphor having any element of truth in Utah is nonsense. Here is my prototype for the new Jazz logo. Give New Orleans their name back.

Spoiler:
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#69 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:05 pm

So Knicks logo has no history and is crap but Celtics and lakers and bulls are top?

That korny Celtic logo or meaningless lakers logo are ok?

I'll admit the bulls have a goodie
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,096

Post#70 » by moocow007 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:18 pm

louieOrr wrote:This guy invalidated himself with the Utah logo review. Anyone in their right mind would be calling for a name change. That whole basketball as jazz metaphor having any element of truth in Utah is nonsense. Here is my prototype for the new Jazz logo. Give New Orleans their name back.

Spoiler:

Actually that Knicks ball logo in your sig would be real nice. That's got an old, old, old school look.
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#71 » by louieOrr » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:56 pm

moocow007 wrote:
louieOrr wrote:This guy invalidated himself with the Utah logo review. Anyone in their right mind would be calling for a name change. That whole basketball as jazz metaphor having any element of truth in Utah is nonsense. Here is my prototype for the new Jazz logo. Give New Orleans their name back.

Spoiler:

Actually that Knicks ball logo in your sig would be real nice. That's got an old, old, old school look.

Yea man, that's a good one. Simple, but sharp.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#72 » by LakerLegend » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:33 am

I really like this one:

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#73 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:02 am

Unfortunately I agree but it's tricky when you're an original team. Knicks can't really change their logo or jerseys too much although it pains me to admit that I'm tired of them.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#74 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:06 am

louieOrr wrote:"64 - "92 are the best logos IMO

I really love the old school comic book feel of that 76-92 one.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#75 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:20 am

A start would be to get rid of that damn triangle.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,223

Post#76 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:22 am

So...Zach can't **** on the product on the court. So he **** on the logo?

He mad cause he has no sauces?

The logo?

Pathetic
:beer: RIP mags
Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#77 » by Starks » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:33 am

They can all go suck a fat one, our logo is great. I could do without the triangle in the back maybe (especially now lol) but besides that it's one of the best logos. Straight to the point, no frills, Knicks gang coming for yo ass. BSPN just hating at this point as always lol.

And they have the Bucks at 4 and Grizz at 5. Tells the whole story.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,223

Post#78 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:47 am

Zach Lowe needs clicks.
:beer: RIP mags
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,495

Post#79 » by adjacent2bench » Wed Nov 8, 2017 11:22 am