ImageImageImageImageImage

This is what having a professional QB should be like...

Moderator: Rich Rane

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

This is what having a professional QB should be like... 

Post#1 » by j4remi » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:55 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-texts-fitzpatrick-hit-mark-jet-receivers-article-1.2365346

Fitzpatrick’s mastery of Chan Gailey’s offense has prompted impromptu texts to his top two pass-catching weapons as part of his new-age mind-meld that he hopes will give the Jets an edge on game days.

Decker and Marshall’s smart phones are filled with short video clips covering the spectrum of plays that the veteran believes could be useful in a given week. Fitzpatrick might capture a play from years ago that worked for him in Buffalo or a more recent defensive look from the upcoming opponent.

Decker might be with his wife and two infant children when a text arrives. Marshall recently got one while doing a segment on his TV show in the city.

“If I see something that I want to make sure we get communicated, I’ll just snap it,” Fitzpatrick told The News. “I’m not calling them in here and being like, ‘Alright, come watch three hours of film with me.’ I’m saying, ‘Hey, take 15 seconds out of your day and take a look.’ But they like it.”

I really just like the professionalism of this guy and you can see the WR's appreciate it too. Sanchez and Smith both had serious issues with preparation and even Smith's back-up Vick showed problems in that area. Fitz doesn't have the greatest toolset but there's a bit of Chad Pennington to him and I always liked how much Chad was able to do with his limited skillset.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: This is what having a professional QB should be like... 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Mehta with a positive article about the Jets? Did we just enter the twilight zone?

It's nice having QB that can limit turnovers against a tough defense, instead of one that can't throw the ball away and live to fight another down. This was the biggest problem with both Sanchez and Smith, they would always try to force a big risky play in a tight window, even if it wasn't there.

It's also great watching a QB that can execute no huddle very well. I'm hoping he stays our QB for the whole year. The Jets haven't had a QB like this in a while, and it's not like Fitz is elite or even great. He's good and very smart. Good enough to net us wins or devise a game winning drive if need be. That's all we need with the D we have. Has Fitz ever had weapons this good in his career? (Ivory, Marshall, Decker). He had stevie johnson and some good RBs on the bills, but I don't think they were as talented as the Jets, nor was the oline as solid.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#3 » by Rich Rane » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:00 pm

It's not often a Jets QB has more TDs than TOs.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#4 » by j4remi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:41 pm

This team is built damn near perfectly for the type of QB Fitz is. He just has to manage the game and help us keep strong field position. The defense is our star, which makes tn a really nice test for our outlook going forward.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#5 » by Yankeeknickfan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:20 pm

This team if perfect for Fitz. I hope that we never see Geno smith again.
Imageceltics
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,084

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:This team if perfect for Fitz. I hope that we never see Geno smith again.

Pretty much. :lol:
VantumNoir
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#7 » by VantumNoir » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:18 am

Fitz has the IQ but lacks the arm strength Geno has to bomb a team. Jets need to use them BOTH if they want to be a serious contender.
Melonoma
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Melonoma » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:20 am

VantumNoir wrote:Fitz has the IQ but lacks the arm strength Geno has to bomb a team. Jets need to use them BOTH if they want to be a serious contender.

What?

Return to New York Jets