ImageImageImageImageImage

2015 Mets Season

louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Re: 2015 Mets Season 

Post#61 » by louieOrr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Stannis wrote:This offense is a complete joke.

I quote this because at this point we were the 2nd lowest in MLB in runs allowed, yet -18 runs allowed vs runs scored. We sit today at +20 :D

Lets just keep this ish going!!!!
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#62 » by Stannis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:50 am

louieOrr wrote:

I quote this because at this point we were the 2nd lowest in MLB in runs allowed, yet -18 runs allowed vs runs scored. We sit today at +20 :D

Don't want to speak too soon... but if the hitting stays like this, we didn't need a couple of huge bats like I thought. The depth acquired from the Braves trade was awesome. Then came Cespedes. Like Murphy said, just acquiring those extra bats puts pressure on the opposition pitcher and seems to be helping all our batters. However, going this route means our starting pitchers have to stay healthy and keep killing it.

It's nice that we can finally have a order filled with guys who all hit .250+. When we had that hitting slump, half the order was guys batting under that, with a couple batting below .200. Sandy did really well here. I'm just worried about the relief pitching now.
Free Palestine
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#63 » by louieOrr » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:23 pm

Stannis wrote:
louieOrr wrote:

Don't want to speak too soon... but if the hitting stays like this, we didn't need a couple of huge bats like I thought. The depth acquired from the Braves trade was awesome. Then came Cespedes. Like Murphy said, just acquiring those extra bats puts pressure on the opposition pitcher and seems to be helping all our batters. However, going this route means our starting pitchers have to stay healthy and keep killing it.

It's nice that we can finally have a order filled with guys who all hit .250+. When we had that hitting slump, half the order was guys batting under that, with a couple batting below .200. Sandy did really well here. I'm just worried about the relief pitching now.

Yea man Sandy did his thing. We have 40+ games left so plenty of time to go but man, its so nice to be in this position at this stage.
I feel like were only going to get better. :nod:
Stannis
RealGM

Post#64 » by Stannis » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:20 pm

Parnell should be in AAA.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#65 » by Stannis » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:45 am

I know the Rockies and Phillies stink, but this team is really bombing the baseball.
Free Palestine
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#66 » by Daaaarryyl » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:44 pm

Stannis wrote:Parnell should be in AAA.

It was a good gamble IMO. Most pitchers come back from TJS throwing as hard if not harder. But not all of them.

But command was also a feature that Parnell lost.

Was never a big fan of Bobby's, but he really impressed me in 2013 throwing the 2-seamer instead of the 4-seamer (only a 4 mph difference: 98 down to 94) with good command and then the knuckle curve he learned from Izzy plus the solid slider he developed made him a very good closer before the neck injury shortened his season.

It's too bad because the "dream" scenario would have been adding a vet (Clippard type) to a Familia, Parnell and Mejia pen which had me drooling just thinking about it earlier in the season.

Now we need to add a vet reliever IMO, even if you think Smoker/Goedell/Alvarez can contribute this year.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
Stannis
RealGM

Post#67 » by Stannis » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:11 am

Daaaarryyl wrote:
Stannis wrote:Parnell should be in AAA.

It was a good gamble IMO. Most pitchers come back from TJS throwing as hard if not harder. But not all of them.

But command was also a feature that Parnell lost.

Was never a big fan of Bobby's, but he really impressed me in 2013 throwing the 2-seamer instead of the 4-seamer (only a 4 mph difference: 98 down to 94) with good command and then the knuckle curve he learned from Izzy plus the solid slider he developed made him a very good closer before the neck injury shortened his season.

It's too bad because the "dream" scenario would have been adding a vet (Clippard type) to a Familia, Parnell and Mejia pen which had me drooling just thinking about it earlier in the season.

Now we need to add a vet reliever IMO, even if you think Smoker/Goedell/Alvarez can contribute this year.

Do you see Parnell being good again next season?
Free Palestine
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#68 » by Daaaarryyl » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:44 am

I'd lean no w/Parnell. Really not intrigued with his current stuff and since the TJS recoveries usually see at least recovery of velocity or a slight dip, I would think Bobby is in for a rough time. Could still put it all together in due time but I'd let him walk and save the 5 mil which will get eaten up with the arb cases.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
Stannis
RealGM

Post#69 » by Stannis » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:46 am

The relief pitching is atrocious. I didn't see that being our biggest problem. I think it may be time to dip into AAA.

And hopefully Matz is open to being in the pen. At least for the playoffs if we make it.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#70 » by Stannis » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:56 am

Addison Reed was a better pickup than I thought we could expect. He's having a pretty good August and hopefully he can keep his rhythm. It's a gamble because there's a high chance he falls off again; but, it was a gamble Sandy had to take.

It looks like Collins doesn't want Matz to be in the pen due to his history of injuries, which makes perfect sense. Thor is a SP. So I see Colon going to the pen when Matz returns and the Mets go back to a 5 man rotation or make the playoffs. I won't be too happy with this because Colon usually allows ERs in the early innings and then finds his rhythm.

September should be fun... Hopefully Collins doesn't screw up trying to find the 6/7 inning reliever.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#71 » by Stannis » Tue Sep 1, 2015 7:54 am

Harvey is pretty close to his inning limit set by his surgeons...

You think the Mets will actually limit him, especially if they make the playoffs?
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#72 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 2, 2015 5:55 pm

Feel bad for Parnell, but I think there shouldn't be any more experimenting with him.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#73 » by Stannis » Sun Sep 6, 2015 9:10 pm

Is the September choke starting?
Free Palestine
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#74 » by treiz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:31 am

Hey guys, I'm planning on visiting New York next month so I wanna ask what's the best way for me to get tickets to the games?

Thanks
Stannis
RealGM

Post#75 » by Stannis » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:03 am

treiz wrote:Hey guys, I'm planning on visiting New York next month so I wanna ask what's the best way for me to get tickets to the games?

Thanks

Well they still have to make the playoffs. So assuming you want to just get tickets for the first leg of the playoffs, it will still be tough. Lot of buzz going around because many native fans were denied the opportunity to buy playoff tickets directly.

Try asking in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1407119&start=20

It's has some Yankee fans too who might be able to help you out.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#76 » by Stannis » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:43 pm

After seeing the Nats fighting with themselves in the dugout, it really makes you appreciate our group of players. There's not one unlikable guy on the roster. Even Harvey seems ready to risk himself for these guys. It looks like they all have each others backs.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#77 » by Stannis » Thu Oct 1, 2015 6:33 am

Very ugly game and a bad loss.

Poor Parnell.

Glad Cespedes doesn't look like he will be that injured. That was scary. I thought he was going to have a Travis hand injury.

Phillies are scum. They know we won't fully retaliate because they will right back at us and injury us for the playoffs.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#78 » by Stannis » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:25 am

This is why I never trust Collins and Alderson on injuries. It looks like Matz's back is a bigger problem than expected. He won't pitch this last serious. We still don't know if he will pitch in the post season.

This is always why I am still weary about Cespedes. I know nothing is broken. But there still can be some damage that will drastically affect his swing (something Alderson and Collins obviously won't tell us about).

We saw it with Wheeler this last off-season too. ("Elbow soreness is not something to be worried about"... *few days later* needs TJS)
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#79 » by Stannis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:18 am

Thread has been locked.

Use whatever post season thread is up.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Mets