Week 4: Jets "@" Dolphins | Sunday, Oct 4th, 9:30 AM | CBS

Moderator: Rich Rane

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,572

Week 4: Jets "@" Dolphins | Sunday, Oct 4th, 9:30 AM | CBS 

Post#1 » by Rich Rane » Fri Oct 2, 2015 10:16 pm

Nothing like waking up early for an all day pro football binge. Game's in London and we will be without Colon, who will be replaced by (shudder) Brian Winters who will be covering...Suh. Decker will be a game time decision.
EdgeOf
Junior
And1: 92

Re: Week 4: Jets "@" Dolphins | Sunday, Oct 4th, 9:30 AM | CBS 

Post#2 » by EdgeOf » Sun Oct 4, 2015 2:31 pm

Could someone PLEASE get me out of streaming purgatory and give me a free streaming site where I can watch the game without going in and out with all that pixelation.

Thanks in advance
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#3 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Oct 4, 2015 3:31 pm

Fitz loves to run. **** a throw :lol: Ivory must be hungry, eating up Dolphins today.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#4 » by zilby » Sun Oct 4, 2015 3:33 pm

Holy moly is Ivory explosive out there.

How is that not a PI, the ****? Is Devin Smith not old enough to get that call either from the refs?
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#5 » by Rich Rane » Sun Oct 4, 2015 4:26 pm

zilby wrote:Holy moly is Ivory explosive out there.

How is that not a PI, the ****? Is Devin Smith not old enough to get that call either from the refs?

FIFA must give the NFL their refs on international games.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#6 » by zilby » Sun Oct 4, 2015 4:38 pm

Penalties have been terrible. Negated what was a giant play by Leonard Williams. Jets making this much more excruciating than need be.

But wow. What a defensive stand right there. 8 downs all at the goal line and it ends with an interception. That's fantastic.

And then Ivory gives it back. Damn.

I've stated doing that thing Rich does where I just edit posts cause there's nobody here to reply to my posts. We need to bring more people over to this forum.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,435

Post#7 » by j4remi » Sun Oct 4, 2015 4:52 pm

The Jets can never quite put a team completely away for comfort. Ivory is such a game changer and Decker as well. The offense was solid, the defense really impressive but special teams pretty iffy lately. I don't think there's enough time for Miami to come back but I wish we'd put a team the hell away. If you told me the Jets were gonna go 3-1 in this first 4 before the season started, I'd have applauded your optimism but really doubted it. There's a lot of promise to this season.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#8 » by Rich Rane » Sun Oct 4, 2015 5:04 pm

Penalties. Clean that up and it's possible we win by 30. Good bounceback after that pathetic Week 3.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#9 » by Rich Rane » Sun Oct 4, 2015 5:10 pm

j4remi wrote:The Jets can never quite put a team completely away for comfort. Ivory is such a game changer and Decker as well. The offense was solid, the defense really impressive but special teams pretty iffy lately. I don't think there's enough time for Miami to come back but I wish we'd put a team the hell away. If you told me the Jets were gonna go 3-1 in this first 4 before the season started, I'd have applauded your optimism but really doubted it. There's a lot of promise to this season.

Running back by committee really hurt Ivory last year. I think he could take the job by himself, but Powell is a much better back up than Stacy.

Brandon Marshall has been great, but just as importantly has opened the field a lot more for Decker, which was what exactly fans hoped for when Jets traded for him. Fitzpatrick needs more chemistry with Smith though. I feel he could be a very nice speed weapon, but I don't know if Fitzpatrick's arm can always get it to him.

I probably would've said 2-2 AT BEST before the season. It's possible we should be 4-0 if Jets actually showed up against the Eagles.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,435

Post#10 » by j4remi » Sun Oct 4, 2015 5:11 pm

This team has a real shot to make the playoffs. There are obvious holes to fix but overall, they have so many good qualities to fall back on. The line can impact games while the secondary can erase mistakes by taking the ball away. The QB is competent enough to manage the game with WR's that will bail him out and take advantage of his brains while the lead back is an absolute work horse. As I've said, the Special Teams is what has me most uncomfortable right now. I can't say enough about how much Brandon Marshall has done for the offense btw.

The Bye Week may have wound up timed really well also. We've got Decker, Cromartie, Revis and Ivory with little nagging injuries that could use a week long break. Leonard Williams and Calvin Pryor both went down today also, so while I typically like Bye weeks later on...this may have worked out in our favor.

With our ground game and defense, there's no reason we should ever be counted out of a game even if we are the underdogs. I'm lovin' this turn around.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#11 » by Rich Rane » Sun Oct 4, 2015 5:13 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Fitz loves to run. **** a throw :lol: Ivory must be hungry, eating up Dolphins today.

Ivory played amazingly today. I hated how Stacy vultured his TD though. :lol:
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#12 » by Yankeeknickfan » Mon Oct 5, 2015 2:44 am

I hope that the pats game gets flexed to Sunday night.
Imageceltics
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#13 » by Rich Rane » Mon Oct 5, 2015 6:15 pm

I'm taking a look at the highlights at the game. Ivory ran AT Suh on some plays. The guy is crazy!

Return to New York Jets