[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Cousins

Moderator: LyricalRico

W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Re: Cousins 

Post#361 » by W. Unseld » Wed Oct 7, 2015 8:57 pm

The season is going to be a roller coaster. There will be games were Kirk looks awful (Pats, Panthers etc.) and games where he looks decent. I'm trying to pretend it's 1986 and we are going to give him time to develop to see what happens. The coaches are in practice everyday and if they're smart they're going with the guy that gives them the best chance to win b/c their jobs do depend on it.
I'd love it if we didn't have to spend the first rounder on a new qb b/c apparently there aren't any sure things at qb in this draft. Another offseason under a real GM and Cousins might get that 6'4" stud WR that makes everything easier or an upgrade at o-line that makes it all easier.
I forgot how to do a poll, I think few qbs have lower floors than Cousins does (his bad days are REALLY bad) but I think he's got upside--curious as to what people think his ceiling is.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#362 » by W. Unseld » Fri Oct 9, 2015 7:46 pm

No one has a comparable or a ceiling/floor for Cousins?
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#363 » by FreeBalling » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:29 pm

One of the nice things Cousins adds to the offense is increased time of possession. The defense gets to rest and it's starting to show with more victories this year. If we could only get the injury bug to go away there is a good chance of making the playoffs.

If Robert was QB we would be undefeated and he would be the next coming of Peyton Manning.

Mods took away my avatar.... Too risqué for a 1990s style bulletin board? This page is a redirect to the Redskins page because they can't get any customers over there. I was wondering when the webmaster would figure out how to link the two pages together, it took him a long time.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#364 » by LyricalRico » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:51 am

W. Unseld wrote:No one has a comparable or a ceiling/floor for Cousins?

Hmmm...another guy that looked promising in backup duty for a couple years, followed by a brief failed stint as a starter, who then got another shot with the same team and had success? Not sure.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#365 » by FreeBalling » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:03 pm

I would be very happy if Cousins could reach the level of Trent Green but there's no way he could reach Warren Moon's level.

Here's a disappointing fact. In 2012 RG3 threw a perfect game against the Philadelphia Eagles. I was really thinking he was going to be the quarterback of the future for the Washington Redskins. His decision to change his playing style is extremely disappointing from fans perspective because he was so successful in his rookie year. However, I can understand his decision to protect his body because they're so much more to do in life after football. I just wish there were someway to blend the two styles .
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#366 » by Ruzious » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:30 pm

FreeBalling wrote:One of the nice things Cousins adds to the offense is increased time of possession. The defense gets to rest and it's starting to show with more victories this year. If we could only get the injury bug to go away there is a good chance of making the playoffs.

If Robert was QB we would be undefeated and he would be the next coming of Peyton Manning.

Mods took away my avatar.... Too risqué for a 1990s style bulletin board? This page is a redirect to the Redskins page because they can't get any customers over there. I was wondering when the webmaster would figure out how to link the two pages together, it took him a long time.

You do understand that if you just set up the Skins as your favorite football team, you can just click on the Skins picture - and you're in the Skins forum, right?

And your avatar... seriously? People have jobs. If a co-worker comes by, and your avatar is showing, you were putting us in a bad position.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#367 » by Ruzious » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:37 pm

I'll let you know after he wins a couple of Super Bowls. :wink:

There are so many variables with QB's that it's hard to say - and they can change month to month or year to year. He doesn't have Andrew Luck or Cam Newton type ability, but he has the physical abilities and the intelligence and intangibles to be a good solid NFL starting QB - as long as he avoids major injuries.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#368 » by FreeBalling » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:10 pm

Ruzious wrote:
FreeBalling wrote:One of the nice things Cousins adds to the offense is increased time of possession. The defense gets to rest and it's starting to show with more victories this year. If we could only get the injury bug to go away there is a good chance of making the playoffs.

You do understand that if you just set up the Skins as your favorite football team, you can just click on the Skins picture - and you're in the Skins forum, right?

And your avatar... seriously? People have jobs. If a co-worker comes by, and your avatar is showing, you were putting us in a bad position.

I did not realize my heterosexual avatar was going to offend you. It's only been there since January 2007. I noticed it's the same type of treatment every time I leave the wizards board and go out to another site on the RealGM. I get suspended for asking questions or disagreeing with people on opposing teams.

I would be more concerned with the security flaws that are in the PHP program allowing adware, malware, redirect and phishing scams to plague this site. You are aware of how filters record this information in the firewall and auditing practices expose a user when they're at work. That's how corporations block the real GM.

I will remove myself from the redskins site, there's no need for me to post anymore. I'm sure your next step is to kick me. I will let you know, I am NOT REFFERING anyone to the RealGM anymore; until changes are made by Ryan Hoak.

FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#369 » by TGW » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Another game, another Cousins pick 6.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#370 » by Ruzious » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:49 pm

FreeBalling wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

I did not realize my heterosexual avatar was going to offend you. It's only been there since January 2007. I noticed it's the same type of treatment every time I leave the wizards board and go out to another site on the RealGM. I get suspended for asking questions or disagreeing with people on opposing teams.

I would be more concerned with the security flaws that are in the PHP program allowing adware, malware, redirect and phishing scams to plague this site. You are aware of how filters record this information in the firewall and auditing practices expose a user when they're at work. That's how corporations block the real GM.

I will remove myself from the redskins site, there's no need for me to post anymore. I'm sure your next step is to kick me. I will let you know, I am NOT REFFERING anyone to the RealGM anymore; until changes are made by Ryan Hoak.

Wow. You've got a serious reading comprehension problem. I didn't say your avatar offended me. I said "If a co-worker comes by, and your avatar is showing, you were putting us in a bad position." By "us" I meant average Realgm.com users looking at RealGM.com posts at their jobs. If you don't understand what I mean, ask an adult.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#371 » by Ruzious » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:52 pm

TGW wrote:Another game, another Cousins pick 6.

Yeah, there were probably some good moments in the game, but right now - all that's there is the rotten feeling of losing a game like that. Terrible.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#372 » by LyricalRico » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:15 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Yeah, there were probably some good moments in the game, but right now - all that's there is the rotten feeling of losing a game like that. Terrible.

Well, he was throwing 3-4 of those per game last season. He seems down to about one per game now (the other pick today was off Garcon's hands). Obviously it happened at the worst possible time, but I'd still say he's making progress. If it's late in the year with guys like Jackson/Reed back on the field and he's still doing it - then I'll lose hope.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#373 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:05 am

Maybe they need to start a new stat for receivers blunders leading to interceptions. Why is there such an inordinate number of those when Cousins is throwing?

Either way, we're focusing too much on Cousins and not enough on winning, imo. They're related subjects but not exactly the same.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#374 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:40 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Skins might just make the playoffs and Kirk might stick.

Or....

Kirk may pick six himself out the league; and, might take Jay Gruden down and out with him.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#375 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:42 am

Did Gruden rip RG3 after Kirk three the pick six?

I know he didn't berate Kirk, but I know he gets verbal in criticizing Griffin.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Cousins 

Post#376 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:45 am

Ruzious wrote:Maybe they need to start a new stat for receivers blunders leading to interceptions. Why is there such an inordinate number of those when Cousins is throwing?

Either way, we're focusing too much on Cousins and not enough on winning, imo. They're related subjects but not exactly the same.

I confess I did not see the pick play yet, Ruz.

I left the gym wearing my Darryl Green throwback, right after Atlanta scored late to go up 19-16. I thought it was over. Guys were giving me (polite) grief. :(
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#377 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:55 am

FreeBalling wrote:

I would be very happy if Cousins could reach the level of Trent Green but there's no way he could reach Warren Moon's level.

Here's a disappointing fact. In 2012 RG3 threw a perfect game against the Philadelphia Eagles. I was really thinking he was going to be the quarterback of the future for the Washington Redskins. His decision to change his playing style is extremely disappointing from fans perspective because he was so successful in his rookie year. However, I can understand his decision to protect his body because they're so much more to do in life after football. I just wish there were someway to blend the two styles .

Dude changed after injuring his knee.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#378 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
FreeBalling wrote:

Dude changed after injuring his knee.

Yeah, I think that's a common thing when an athlete has great success early in his career and then has to overcome some adversity. He's so used to everything going his way, that he's not equipped to deal with it. Jim Craig - the former goalie - is a tragic example. I'm sure part of it is listening to the right people and having a good support group. My gut feeling is Robert didn't get the best advise from those close to him.
RealGM

Cousins 

Post#379 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Total agreement, Ruz.

RGIII 's wife might not want her hubby getting his knee "severed" is my theory for his play change. She's in his pants for sure. She MIGHT be the real source of advice but she's likely wise enough to stay private w.r.t. being quoted.

(***I'm pleased with my speculative writing and double entendres! Note, none of what I wrote might be true. Don't gossip, please. I agree on bad advice. Apologies to RGIII for any bad speculation about his wife. Hope he's having FUN watching Kirk and Gruden. I know I would be if I were in Griffin's shoes. :)

On another note, just got off local radio call in. Said Norm Chow "needs to be fired with the quickness". :) Randy Edsall (whose firing can be a precedent/que for UH to act) had literally twice as many wins in the same time as Coach Chow.***)
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#380 » by TGW » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:44 pm

I find it funny that people are trying to blame Garcon for the first pick...what a joke.

He was WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field. If Cousins puts the ball where it needs to be, it's a catch and more. The pass was completely inaccurate and behind Garcon—he had to awkwardly reach back against his body in the opposite direction of his momentum. It was so far behind him he fell trying to contort to get the ball.

Accuracy is a very big issue with Cousins. He doesn't hit guys in stride, he underthrows balls, and many of the passes that could potentially go for TDs if thrown well simply end up as long passes.

So far, all the "Cousins is the best option" talk is just that...talk. He's ranked #32 in passer rating, and the team is 25th in scoring. That simply is NOT getting it done.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Return to Washington Football Team