ImageImageImageImageImage

*METS Playoffs '15* - WORLD SERIES v. K.C.

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,787

*METS Playoffs '15* - WORLD SERIES v. K.C. 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:59 am

Game 1:

It was great game by DeGrom. I don't think our order could have done any better against a pitcher like Kershaw.

Game 2:

Very unlucky with that controversial play by Utley. That's when their runs started coming in. That injured our SS. This really sucked.

However, the relief pitching was terrible. I don't feel comfortable with anybody in our pen. All our starters will have to go 7 innings each game. And probably 8 efficient innings if they want to go far in the playoffs.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Re: NLDS: Mets-Dodgers 

Post#2 » by Stannis » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:02 am

Game 3 is a must win imo.

I'm a little worried with out Harvey will handle it. Anderson is a great pitcher too.

This is going to be a tough one.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stannis » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:09 am

A very nice comeback.

But sadly Familia was brought in. I didn't want the Dodgers to see his stuff when we may need an actual save in Game 4 of 5.

The relief pitching is baaaaaad.
Free Palestine
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:54 am

Let's get some discussion going here. :D
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,926

Post#5 » by islanders11040 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:17 am

Man this last game is gonna sick. Greinke vs Degrom. Awesome matchup.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stannis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:56 am

I was disappointed in the batting this game. Kreshaw was on 3 days rest and none of our guys gave him plate battles at the least. I was hoping we got his pitch count up and they had to dip into their pen early.

That's the kind of start I expected from Matz tbh. It wasn't terrible, but there wasn't a better starter available unless they wanted to pitch DeGrom on short rest.

islanders11040 wrote:Man this last game is gonna sick. Greinke vs Degrom. Awesome matchup.

I am freakin neeervous!!!

I don't have much confidence either tbh.

A 5 game series with the Dodgers is really tough. They can have Kreshaw and Grienke pitch 4 times and just need 3 wins.

Hopefully Greinke is on a bad night and we hit him early. DeGrom is going to have to pitch lights out like he did in Game 1 too.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#7 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:40 pm

F*ck me!

This is not good. Grienke in LA in Game 5. Ugh. Jacob has to bring his A-game, again, and match Grienke pitch for pitch. This is the problem when you have to face the 2 best pitchers in baseball 4 times in a 3 out of 5 series.
Free Palestine
fire
Sixth Man
And1: 115

Post#8 » by fire » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:40 pm

I have faith in Degrom, it's the bats i'm concerned about. Duda is so damn streaky...and he just has to be on that streak where he looks like the worst offensive first basemen in the league when instead we needa DUDA SMASH! Love Cespedes but he's strikes out on 3 pitches ALOT..he needs to stop going for the home run every single pitch/swing/atbat
Stannis
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stannis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Yea, Duda and Ces need to stop swinging for the fences at every pitch.

This team's offense was best when they just try to get on base and let somebody hit an easy RBI. They didn't challenge Kershaw at all yesterday. I think they are showing them too much respect and just hoping to get that one lucky run and hope the pitching shuts them out.

I'm worried about Ces and Duda. It doesn't look like they can hit a good pitch or any breaking ball.

I really want this series. I'd really hate to lose after that Utley slide. And I think with our starting pitching depth, we can do better in a 7 game series.
Free Palestine
fire
Sixth Man
And1: 115

Post#10 » by fire » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:14 am

Stannis wrote:Yea, Duda and Ces need to stop swinging for the fences at every pitch.

This team's offense was best when they just try to get on base and let somebody hit an easy RBI. They didn't challenge Kershaw at all yesterday. I think they are showing them too much respect and just hoping to get that one lucky run and hope the pitching shuts them out.

I'm worried about Ces and Duda. It doesn't look like they can hit a good pitch or any breaking ball.

I really want this series. I'd really hate to lose after that Utley slide. And I think with our starting pitching depth, we can do better in a 7 game series.

the series shoulda been over Monday. Yea this is gonna sting forever if we lose tomorrow, and after the magical season we had losing in the division series won't feel right. Noticed You're a fan of all the same teams i am...you're a good man stannis
New York Knick
Junior
And1: 114

Post#11 » by New York Knick » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:21 pm

************************************************************************Good luck charm********************************************************************
PG - Jerian Grant/Galloway
SG - Arron Afflalo/Vujacic
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Williams
PF - Kristaps Porzingis/O'Quinn
C - Robin Lopez/Admundson

Projected record: 42-40 :cheesygrin:
islanders11040
Head Coach

Post#12 » by islanders11040 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:56 pm

Move this ish back to the Knicks forum. I wanna actually discuss this game tonight. Not just have the masses ignore it in the Mets forum. F trying to build the baseball portion of RealGM. We can make threads in the knicks forum about other major sporting evens such as boxing, ufc, football, but have to have the mets discussion in this desolate area?

In a couple of mins it will be out of the front page of the knicks forum and will be mostly forgotten. THIS IS OUR FIRST POSTSEASON IN 9 YEARS!!!!!!
islanders11040
Head Coach

Post#13 » by islanders11040 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:51 am

islanders11040 wrote:Move this ish back to the Knicks forum. I wanna actually discuss this game tonight. Not just have the masses ignore it in the Mets forum. F trying to build the baseball portion of RealGM. We can make threads in the knicks forum about other major sporting evens such as boxing, ufc, football, but have to have the mets discussion in this desolate area?

In a couple of mins it will be out of the front page of the knicks forum and will be mostly forgotten. THIS IS OUR FIRST POSTSEASON IN 9 YEARS!!!!!!

yup What i thought no posts.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#14 » by kingquan316 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:06 am

islanders11040 wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:Move this ish back to the Knicks forum. I wanna actually discuss this game tonight. Not just have the masses ignore it in the Mets forum. F trying to build the baseball portion of RealGM. We can make threads in the knicks forum about other major sporting evens such as boxing, ufc, football, but have to have the mets discussion in this desolate area?

yup What i thought no posts.

True, I don't think anyone even goes to the mlb forums. Some probably don't even know it exists :lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#15 » by KnicksGod » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:08 am

It is on the Knicks forum -- it's shadowed there.

This is a test to see if a post from the Knicks board makes it go to the top of the Knicks board.

Nope. So it won't be seen.

I've changed things around to experiment
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: **NLDS: Mets-Dodgers** LET'S GO METS!!! 

Post#16 » by Greenie » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:23 am

This what we doing now?

When the Jets make the Superbowl...
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#17 » by mugzi » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:27 am

Wooohooo!!! Bring on the Cubs!!! How nasty is Familia?! Shades of 86 all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#18 » by Greenie » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:29 am

Hold up, I take back my previous post. This ain't even the WS.

When the Jets make the PLAYOFFS...
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#19 » by KnicksGod » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:29 am

Syndy and de G are like blond / brunette twins.
Syndy may be even nastier.

1988 avenged. Bring on the Flubs.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#20 » by vallen » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:32 am

great moved to the tumbleweed section of this site. still stubbornly sacrificing hits (probly thousands tonight) trying to force us places we are never going to stay ?

you guys know where your bread is buttered by now, focus on that.

anyway Go Mets dear crickets.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.

Return to New York Mets