ImageImageImageImageImage

*METS Playoffs '15* - WORLD SERIES v. K.C.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Re: *METS Playoffs '15* - WORLD SERIES v. K.C. 

Post#541 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:40 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Exactimundo! So, say goodbye to Cespedes and Murphy. Hopefully, we can make a play for Zobrist, who really impressed me. Looks like we're set in LF and RF with Conforto and Granderson. I figure Legares will be back in CF. Hopefully, he gets that elbow taken care of in the off season and he bounces back with a bigger year next season. Gotta figure that Dilson Herrera will be playing 2B. Every other position is taken. The BP will need to be rebuilt again for next year.

they need to make a play for a better all around SS. I like Wilmer but he is better suited for a utility role. Someone who can play a little 3rd, SS, and 2B.

I would give Murphy the QO and hope he doesn't accept. So you can get that pick. Zobrist would be a nice player for sure I just don't know if he would price himself out of mets. The yanks really liked him and just didn't want to give up prospects. He is also 34 going on to 35. Which I don't like signing those guys (see cuddyer).

But don't we need Murphy as an insurance policy against David Wright's back?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#542 » by mpharris36 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:57 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Exactimundo! So, say goodbye to Cespedes and Murphy. Hopefully, we can make a play for Zobrist, who really impressed me. Looks like we're set in LF and RF with Conforto and Granderson. I figure Legares will be back in CF. Hopefully, he gets that elbow taken care of in the off season and he bounces back with a bigger year next season. Gotta figure that Dilson Herrera will be playing 2B. Every other position is taken. The BP will need to be rebuilt again for next year.

they need to make a play for a better all around SS. I like Wilmer but he is better suited for a utility role. Someone who can play a little 3rd, SS, and 2B.

I would give Murphy the QO and hope he doesn't accept. So you can get that pick. Zobrist would be a nice player for sure I just don't know if he would price himself out of mets. The yanks really liked him and just didn't want to give up prospects. He is also 34 going on to 35. Which I don't like signing those guys (see cuddyer).

Yeah I would sign murphy to hopefully a reasonable deal because it would be really difficult to replace your 3 and 4 hitters on the roster. Wright is no longer a middle of the order hitter as well. And Duda is too streaky. I am not sure Conforto is ready for the 3 hole just yet. So your probably bring back Murphy because you need a consistent middle of the order hitter. You can live with his defense at 2B if you get a better SS.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
AfroThunder
Junior
And1: 56

Post#543 » by AfroThunder » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:05 pm

The world series was tough man.

4 leads going into the 8th inning and the Mets blew 3 of those leads. This is going to sting
BRIGGS
Analyst
And1: 128

Post#544 » by BRIGGS » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:53 pm

AfroThunder wrote:The world series was tough man.

4 leads going into the 8th inning and the Mets blew 3 of those leads. This is going to sting

I don't mind losing in sports --but to give it away like that is just brutal--almost beyond brutal.

IMHO and I said this on another thread. Terry Collins was POOR in his decision-making concerning pitching changes.

I want to give KC all the credit--they won they took it. You still need to get the hits no matter what--so let me be straight there. To me that home run Alex Gordon hit 435 feet to straight away C was an incredible feet. And there is NO doubt that KC was the better longer inning team.

At the end of the day you would have liked to see Familia with a 2 inning clean shot 2 days ago and 1 last night. NO way and I mean no way we rely on Clippard in big spot. Its just horrible man.
Vanilla Ice is the best rap artist of all time
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#545 » by Fury » Mon Nov 2, 2015 7:00 pm

Collins should have given Niese more outs and brought in Reed for the 8th inning. Disappointing series, and even though they had chances later on, I felt they lost it in Game 1. Too much happened in that game that left them thinking a bit. Familia shouldn't blow 3 2/1+ inning saves. He shouldn't be put in that position. As long as they have the 5 big starters, they will always be a contender, but you gotta capitalize when you can. Do not leave World Series titles on the board, not after all they've built up.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,904

Post#546 » by Jeffrey » Mon Nov 2, 2015 7:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I would rather sign Ben Zobrist (35 years old) to a short term deal but with good money on it like Cuddyer's contract. He plays every position except SS and CF. Alderson had serious interest in him until Beane asked for the moon.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#547 » by Fury » Mon Nov 2, 2015 7:08 pm

Fury wrote:Collins should have given Niese more outs and brought in Reed for the 8th inning. Disappointing series, and even though they had chances later on, I felt they lost it in Game 1. Too much happened in that game that left them thinking a bit. Familia shouldn't blow 3 2/1+ inning saves. He shouldn't be put in that position. As long as they have the 5 big starters, they will always be a contender, but you gotta capitalize when you can. Do not leave World Series titles on the board, not after all they've built up.

Quoting myself, but I'm thinking about throughout the series, not yesterday's game. I was fine with letting Harvey in, I was even fine with letting him get one more out but it didn't work out. Hindsight, you take him out after the walk.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#548 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 2, 2015 7:21 pm

imo, the only position players I really wouldn't explore to trade are Conforto and Granderson.

Is everybody here set on Travis D? He's streaky as well. Relies on power like Cespedes and Duda. And he can't make the throw to second.

One of the five starting pitchers will be traded next season , and hopefully bring in a consistent position player and relief pitcher at least.

Jeffrey wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I would rather sign Ben Zobrist (35 years old) to a short term deal but with good money on it like Cuddyer's contract. He plays every position except SS and CF. Alderson had serious interest in him until Beane asked for the moon.
What was Beane asking for?
Free Palestine

Return to New York Mets