Jimmer Fredette Turned Down European Offers For Shot With D-League's Knicks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jimmer Fredette Turned Down European Offers For Shot With D-League's Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 2, 2015 9:37 pm

Jimmer Fredette has joined the Westchester Knicks of the D-League and hopes to become the New York Knicks' 15th man later this season.

“That was kind of the plan,’’ Fredette said Monday on a conference call. “We talked to them beforehand and we hoped to make it work so I’d be drafted by the Knicks.

“We had phone calls from other organizations. We’re very excited the Knicks were interested. I’m from upstate. It’s kind of coming back home. It’s not exactly where I’m from, but it’s definitely exciting to be back in New York. I loved watching the Knicks growing up. To be part of the organization in Westchester is a great opportunity for me to go out and play and hopefully be able to do good things and help the organization.’’

Fredette said he turned down offers to play in Europe.

“We looked at what would be the best option,’’ Fredette said. “We felt at this point the Westchester Knicks would be the best landing spot for me now. We’ll see how things play out.’’

The Knicks weren't interested in signing Fredette after he was released by the San Antonio Spurs.

“Every player in the triangle can play a different position on every possession,” Fredette said. “They don’t try to get caught up with who the point guard or shooting guard is. It’s just guards who can score and handle the ball and shoot and be a smart player to run it. I think that plays into my game. I can shoot the ball and handle it from different positions on the court. I think I can be successful in it.’’

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

Return to Wiretap Discussion