Brandon Ingram

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,729

Brandon Ingram 

Post#1 » by BoyzNTheHood » Wed Nov 4, 2015 7:19 pm

I don't know anything about this kid except for his apparent gifts from God. What's his deal? Is he more Kevin Durant, or more Austin Daye? At the very least he's interesting. Can somebody school me please?
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Brandon Ingram 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Wed Nov 4, 2015 9:25 pm

the hope is Kevin Durant the jury is still out though. He needs to gain weight, he can shoot the rock, handle a little, and plays smart. He's on a Duke team built for him to shine in as a go to guy this year so we'll see what he does with that.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#3 » by reanimator » Wed Nov 4, 2015 10:08 pm

Need to see his shot creation.

He is really young so not sweating his physically immaturity.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#4 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Nov 4, 2015 11:03 pm

His best skill right now is his ability to create his own shot. The dude can flat out score. The dude can flat out get up, rumors of a 40 inch vertical and can easily touch the top of the backboard. He also has a very solid jumper and is over a year younger compared to Simmons and Skal. Now the downside of him, has no defensive instincts really as of right now. He does have amazing length so he has potential there, but his athleticism reminds me of harrison barnes. Hes not quite the leaper of Barnes but both are fast running up and down the court and both are good leapers but kinda struggles with lateral quickness. His game is definitely of the mold of KD, its not just because of his body he gets the comparisons. But he is not in the same ball park of a prospect that Durant is
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#5 » by ImChillin01 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 12:39 am

I know people love Simmons and Skal but I think Ingram will be the #1 pick
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 5, 2015 12:53 am

ImChillin01 wrote:I know people love Simmons and Skal but I think Ingram will be the #1 pick

If he can capitalize on the opportunity he has at Duke this year he very well could be.

Just hard to bet against a ready made Ben Simmons or the potential that Skal may have to go along with his size profile for that position if they both pan out as expected this season.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#7 » by reanimator » Thu Nov 5, 2015 12:58 am

Duke4life831 wrote:His best skill right now is his ability to create his own shot. The dude can flat out score. The dude can flat out get up, rumors of a 40 inch vertical and can easily touch the top of the backboard. He also has a very solid jumper and is over a year younger compared to Simmons and Skal.

If true, then he'll go number 1, assuming he has the handle and savvy to create space despite "lack of agility." Can't wait to see it for myself.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#8 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Nov 5, 2015 4:36 am

There's one thing that I see from Ingram that kinda bothers me.

His shot looks a little slow. Does anyone else think the same thing?
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#9 » by ImChillin01 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:41 am

Marcus wrote:
ImChillin01 wrote:I know people love Simmons and Skal but I think Ingram will be the #1 pick

If he can capitalize on the opportunity he has at Duke this year he very well could be.

Just hard to bet against a ready made Ben Simmons or the potential that Skal may have to go along with his size profile for that position if they both pan out as expected this season.

It also depends on whos picking #1. If its 76ers, Id expect them go with Ingram as they already have similar player in Saric and Brown was part of Spurs staff and Thunder gave Spurs most problem. He and 76ers front office could see Ingram as next KD if Ingram does play well. If its Celtics because of Nets pick then I see them taking Ben Simmons because they really need big man and Ben Stevens and Danny Ainge love versalitle players. I think they see him as LeBron lite or peak Lamar Odom and love his versatile tools with that roster.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 5, 2015 5:31 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:There's one thing that I see from Ingram that kinda bothers me.

yeah he kinda shoots it from his shoulder. With his lenght though as long as they continue to fall he should be ok.
Watch More Basketball

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#11 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 am

Marcus wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:There's one thing that I see from Ingram that kinda bothers me.

yeah he kinda shoots it from his shoulder. With his lenght though as long as they continue to fall he should be ok.

I wouldn't say it's slow. He can actually get it off pretty quick. But ya it is low, that is what bothers me the most
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Post#12 » by rumdiary » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Right now it looks like he has the highest ceiling in the draft, but also a lower floor than Skal and Simmons.

It's super early, Duke plays their first game tonight I believe, but he looks like a Durant/Antetokounmpo body type with D'Angelo Russell swagger, not a bad combo.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:45 pm

rumdiary wrote:Right now it looks like he has the highest ceiling in the draft, but also a lower floor than Skal and Simmons.

It's super early, Duke plays their first game tonight I believe, but he looks like a Durant/Antetokounmpo body type with D'Angelo Russell swagger, not a bad combo.

yeah curious to see how much "takeover" he has in his system tonight. I know they're playing a school they should destroy but that killer instinct is something that shines no matter who you're on the court against. With all the talent and other shot makers around him how does Ingram standout is what I'm curious to see.
Watch More Basketball

FrankStallone
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#14 » by FrankStallone » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:49 pm

I agree. Or at least better career.
FrankStallone
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#15 » by FrankStallone » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Simmons gets the "I don't know what position he plays but he has the most superstar potential" talk from anonymous scouts, but D'Angelo Russell got the same talk last year.

Simmons is way better than Russell, but defense is so much more important than draftniks and a lot of teams appreciate.

And Ingram has lockdown defensive talent at SF, possibly at SG, with some great defensive ability at PF as well. And center length on top of it.
The Prodigy
Starter
And1: 469

Post#16 » by The Prodigy » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:08 pm

FrankStallone wrote:Simmons gets the "I don't know what position he plays but he has the most superstar potential" talk from anonymous scouts, but D'Angelo Russell got the same talk last year.

Simmons is way better than Russell, but defense is so much more important than draftniks and a lot of teams appreciate.

And Ingram has lockdown defensive talent at SF, possibly at SG, with some great defensive ability at PF as well. And center length on top of it.

Great argument. A whole eight games into his career, and D'Angelo's not a superstar.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#17 » by Undefeated » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Missed some shots last night that were at least long and not short/front rim; but, otherwise I thought he looked good offensively moving the ball and finding the open man after breaking down Siena's 2-3 Zone defense. He's got that natural feel of a scorer so seeing him make smart passes was surprising.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Post#18 » by rumdiary » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:44 am

Haven't seen the full game but these highlights are really impressive.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzZcgcjoBZQ[/youtube]
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#19 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:39 pm

rumdiary wrote:Haven't seen the full game but these highlights are really impressive.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzZcgcjoBZQ[/youtube]

Some good highlights for sure.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by Marcus » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Was surprised to see him intiate ogfense the way he did. Used him as a point forward. I was expecting Derryck Thornton to handle PG duties primarily this year.
Watch More Basketball

Return to NBA Draft