Off topic thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Off topic thread 

Post#1 » by spearsy23 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:08 am

Just noticed we didn't have one.

Was everyone too busy watching opening night to catch my Royals in an epic game one of the World Series? Complete with inside the park homerun, 9th inning solo shot to tie, and a few masterful innings by Young :D
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:21 am

Yep, missed the Series. But gonna sticky this, we should keep one open, and congrats to the Royals!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#3 » by spearsy23 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:49 am

Royals win the World Series on an amazing freaking comeback. I hope I get this experience with OKC too :-)
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#4 » by Bravenewworld » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:13 am

Yah, my Mets people wont answer their phones.

Or their facebooks....
I did however post this GIF on their FB pages in the 9th...

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:39 am

Congrats Royals fans, enjoy it!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 5:39 am

I'm posting here b/c I'm pissed and need to get my mind off this **** show. Anyone have any interesting plans coming up? I don't have a ton but am going to my first Penn State hockey game on the 13th. They built a top notch arena a couple years ago and last season was their first year as an official NCAA hockey team, they were intramural before. They were even ranked at some point so I think they're decent too. Plus, if I get to I'm hoping to stop and get ice cream at the Creamery (as a random fun note, it is where Ben and Jerry learned to make ice cream). My favorite.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#7 » by spearsy23 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:04 am

I've never been but everyone I've talked to says hockey is an amazing sport to watch live.

I'm really hoping to have enough money saved up next year to go to the U.S. Open, I really wanna make it before Federer retires. Unfortunately I just had to buy a new car and we bought a new house this year so that really eats into the ability to save :-?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:20 am

Live hockey is absolutely amazing. I've never been to an NBA game, but plan on it this season hopefully. I've been to college ball, NFL, NHL, MLB, and college football (along w/ small sports, wrestling, women's volleyball). I love CFB games at Beaver Stadium, but hockey is nearly as cool in person. I'm thinking college hockey will prob be about as cool as football.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:17 am

Yeah I'm back to here because that sucked. Again.

But college hockey is pretty awesome. Student section is great and the arena is smaller, so every seat is great. Students screaming and chanting at goalies (after every goal chanting "Its all your fault, its all your fault!", and singing to them that they suck). Random college chants, and they actually had a small cheerleader group there too which surprised me considering arena size and the fact that its kinda cold in there. Also, managed to get to the creamery for my favorite ice cream:
http://creamery.psu.edu/russ-digs-roseberry.html

Now planning on another game after New Years for another 2 half gallons of ice cream too. Even if this team is painful to watch, ice cream is good.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Bravenewworld » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:31 am

I never understood hockey. Ive tried watching it and it does nothing for me.... its a very white sport aint it?
Im not even a baseball fan, i quit watching and going to games (until a few years ago) with the 93 lock out. Watching the world series was pretty great but.... you know... a Chiefs superbowl... KU basketball ring....OKC title... these things would definitely mean more.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:38 am

Bravenewworld wrote:I never understood hockey. Ive tried watching it and it does nothing for me.... its a very white sport aint it?
Im not even a baseball fan, i quit watching and going to games (until a few years ago) with the 93 lock out. Watching the world series was pretty great but.... you know... a Chiefs superbowl... KU basketball ring....OKC title... these things would definitely mean more.

Its fantastic, moreso live. And it has minorities. Really fast paced and hadn't been to a game in forever, forgot how much faster paced and nonstop the action was compared to live hoops. Three 20 minute periods went by like nothing.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Bravenewworld » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:45 am

Yah, i imagine being at a game is a fun time. Ive just never been able to watch it on tv or gave it any long term attention.
Im the same with baseball, i cant watch a full baseball game. Ill pop in, in the 7th inning or so.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:48 am

Agree entirely on baseball, can't remember the last time I watched a full game. Those I can't even stay the full game live at honestly.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Bravenewworld » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:55 am

You know what? I take that back. I watched 3 full games in the world series, but for the most part it was just "on" in the background while i was building a few computers.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:06 am

Well you're a Royals fan, so that's a pretty darn good reason :D.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Bravenewworld » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:59 am

bondom34 wrote:Well you're a Royals fan, so that's a pretty darn good reason :D.

Yah it was a good week for me that week.
I got my new computer during one of those games.
Whenever people have "dead" computers i will take them off them and typically strip them for useful computer parts. Ram, PSU, GPU, Sound, etc. I had six collected in my hallway closet and someone gave me 3 more one night. So the next day i decided to strip them all at once and i found out that one of the computers she gave me was a quad core 2.8 I5. She said it didnt turn on so she went and got a new lap top and just stacked this one up in her closet. So i tried it, nope wont turn on, popped out the power supply, put a new one in, started right up.
So i pulled everything out, cleaned the case, cleaned the parts, added a few.
It had an after market heat sink and cooler. Which was nice.... that bitch runs like an air conditioner.
But it only had 4gigs of ram, so i took those 4 1gig sticks out and put 2 4s and 2 2s in for 12.
Tossed my 750 in there so now its my gaming rig.

So... The Royals win the world series and that is what i remember most, lol.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:40 am

Bravenewworld wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Well you're a Royals fan, so that's a pretty darn good reason :D.

Yah it was a good week for me that week.
I got my new computer during one of those games.
Whenever people have "dead" computers i will take them off them and typically strip them for useful computer parts. Ram, PSU, GPU, Sound, etc. I had six collected in my hallway closet and someone gave me 3 more one night. So the next day i decided to strip them all at once and i found out that one of the computers she gave me was a quad core 2.8 I5. She said it didnt turn on so she went and got a new lap top and just stacked this one up in her closet. So i tried it, nope wont turn on, popped out the power supply, put a new one in, started right up.
So i pulled everything out, cleaned the case, cleaned the parts, added a few.
It had an after market heat sink and cooler. Which was nice.... that bitch runs like an air conditioner.
But it only had 4gigs of ram, so i took those 4 1gig sticks out and put 2 4s and 2 2s in for 12.
Tossed my 750 in there so now its my gaming rig.

So... The Royals win the world series and that is what i remember most, lol.

:lol:

Actually, should mention if you ever see a hockey game is in OT, check it out. They're only 5 minutes and if that doesn't get you into hockey, nothing will. They changed the rules in the NHL and its nuts.
ThunderFan123
Junior
And1: 13

Post#18 » by ThunderFan123 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:40 pm

New GMAT starting in the T&T games section. we have already have the minimum requirement but some people don't want to take two teams, so there might be some open spots. Might not get the team you want
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#19 » by Pillendreher » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:44 pm

I hate it when a PC craps out on me and I can't figure out why. Have spent the last several hours trying to figure out why it won't boot and I've come up empty so far. And I don't have several spare parts flying around because I normally keep stuff until it breaks.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by bondom34 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:51 am

Ugh, I suck w/ computers, why I use a chromebook 99 percent of the time. I only use a PC for work stuff, if the chromebook dies I can just get a replacement pretty cheap. Good luck to ya man.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder