76ers Deny Report Franchise Could Soon Be Up For Sale

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

76ers Deny Report Franchise Could Soon Be Up For Sale 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:41 pm

A report from Forbes that the owners of the Philadelphia 76ers may soon be inclined to sell the franchise was denied by a team spokesman.

The Forbes story states that Harris and co-owner David Blitzer are "gunning" to own the first NFL team in London and "want to flip the Sixers."

“[The Forbes story] is inaccurate. Josh has said repeatedly that he hopes to own the Sixers for many, many years and keep it in the family for many, many years,” Michael Preston said. “He loves owning the team and the [story] is inaccurate and not true.”

Regarding his future ownership, Harris said: “I expect to happily be involved with the Sixers for many, many years. There are no plans to sell [the team]. Our ultimate goal has not changed and that’s to bring an NBA championship to Philly.”

Via John Finger/Comcast

CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Re: 76ers Deny Report Franchise Could Soon Be Up For Sale 

Post#2 » by CHAMPi0N » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:31 pm

Fascinating how it's their love for the basketball franchise driving them to such lengths -- you couldn't tell it by the way which they've been tanking... But love is crazy right?

I don't even blame the guy who wrote the piece for thinking they are selling the team. If anyone is on the outside looking in at the 76ers, you'd assume they were cheaping out on salary to save money for this huge purchase. Who knows, there must be some reason for this madness lol.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Re: 76ers Deny Report Franchise Could Soon Be Up For Sale 

Post#3 » by JazzMatt13 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:24 pm

It is a terrible assumption that they need to sell the 76er's to afford a NFL team....

My only beef is people putting all teams 2 years ago into the ultra-tanking teams. Jazz of course were able to come back quick with a real coach, but I'm still pissed MCW got ROTY even though he owns the worst losing streak all time (yeah he co-owns it, but this is the same flipping thing).

But since many teams have taken years to get fixed, I'm not gonna hold their terribleness against them. That year Jazz organization did nothing for Jazz, and left the team in Corbin's hands....it was worst than hell, it was limbo. But worst, cause this was a multi-year thing.

Return to Wiretap Discussion