Around the NFL

Moderator: HMFFL

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Around the NFL 

Post#61 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:22 pm

The Viks got lucky and Bridgewater cleared concussion protocol and was at practice today. Waiting on pins and needles over her for a report on Murray...

They also got back Shariff Floyd, Terrence Newman and Eric Kendricks.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,078

Post#62 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Dec 1, 2015 7:36 pm

Matt Shaub with another pick six, that's his specialty.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#63 » by FNQ » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:17 pm

Mike Daniels extended by the packers at 10.5m/yr over 4 years, 16m gtd. Would have been a nice target, but with MEJ and Autry looking really good lately, maybe not necessary..
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#64 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:06 am

As long as we resign Autry we'll be set on the interior line for next year with Big Dan, Jelly, McGee, Orr. Autry and Edwards can slide inside when are in passing situations.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by FNQ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:27 am

Autry is an exclusive rights free agent, there's no way he isn't back with us next year
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#66 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:40 am

does anybody know the Jets' situation and whether or not they're going to tag Wilkerson?

I'd like to know so I can negotiate my expectations.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by FNQ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:45 am

Quake Griffin wrote:does anybody know the Jets' situation and whether or not they're going to tag Wilkerson?

I'd like to know so I can negotiate my expectations.

I believe they will, but I think like last year they will attempt to deal him. You don't draft Big Cat and then leave an all-pro in his way, unless they want to commit to Leo up the middle..

But their cap situation has to be hurting soon. I believe Ivory and Fitz are UFAs after the season, Revis and Marshall are getting big bucks already, as are Skrine and Carpenter, though I dont know the gtd amount. They aren't in an enviable cap situation, so I'd have to imagine they will try and sign him to a cap-friendlier deal than the tag, and will try not to tag, but ultimately will. He's too good to just let him walk.

That said, I dont think we'd pursue him if he became available. Our front 4 look pretty nice right now, and we have other concerns that need addressing first.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#68 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:46 am

No, there is a way. Reggie doesn't have to offer him the contract. It may be unlikely but it's still possible which is why I worded it like I did.

I also expect Mayowa back on the edge and Harris back on the Practice squad. That leaves only really one spot on the Dline to fill. Reggie will probably draft a guy and bring in a vet in FA to provide competition.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by FNQ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:48 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:No, there is a way. Reggie doesn't have to offer him the contract. It may be unlikely but it's still possible which is why I worded it like I did.

I also expect Mayowa back on the edge and Harris back on the Practice squad. That leaves only really one spot on the Dline to fill. Reggie will probably draft a guy and bring in a vet in FA to provide competition.

Ok. Technically, Reggie can make a gutwrenchingly dumb move and not offer him the 3 year vets minimum which he by rule has to take.

Meanwhile, in the real world..

I'd imagine Orr, McGee, and Shelby Harris will be shuttling in the last few weeks to try and claim that last spot. If no one does anything with it, we'll look outside for help. But filling in that spot shouldnt be a priority at all compared to other positions where legitimate help is needed.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#70 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:09 am

FNQ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:No, there is a way. Reggie doesn't have to offer him the contract. It may be unlikely but it's still possible which is why I worded it like I did.

Ok. Technically, Reggie can make a gutwrenchingly dumb move and not offer him the 3 year vets minimum which he by rule has to take.

Meanwhile, in the real world..

I'd imagine Orr, McGee, and Shelby Harris will be shuttling in the last few weeks to try and claim that last spot. If no one does anything with it, we'll look outside for help. But filling in that spot shouldnt be a priority at all compared to other positions where legitimate help is needed.

Yes, I already acknowledged that it was almost a certainty that Autry is back. I was more commenting on the your need to comment on my wording but whatever.

Yes Orr McGee and Harris will be getting snaps but we are still playing meaningful games and we need to keep our best rotations in the game. I say that to mean we won't be going out of the way to give young guys snaps just for to kick they're tires. If injury and inactives require Harris or Orr to get some run then they will. At least until we are eliminated from the playoffs.

With Mack Edwards Williams Eliis McGee and Orr all signed and Mayowa, Autry and Harris likely to be brought back, I was saying that leaves one spot on the roster for a Dlinemen, replacing Tuck, who I think won't be resigned. Look for Reggie to draft a young DE and add a vet in FA to add competition and depth in camp. Then the chips will fall where they may in terms of the depth chart, practice squad and who is released.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#71 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:24 pm

would just like to LOL at Palmer and Veldheer's performance last night.

I get it. There's the cynical Raiders fan that's gonna say, "at least they made the playoffs…something we haven't done in…."
but just lol at being a Cardinals fan right now….there's probably ZERO faith that next season or any other future seasons with that core will be any better/ different.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Post#72 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 5, 2016 12:00 am

Mario Williams and Charles Johnson are officially available.
Big names are hitting the market.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#73 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Mar 8, 2016 1:46 am

Hue is bringing the gang back together - interested in signing Wiz, and Browns put a 3rd round tender on Terrelle Pryor. Hue got something out of Marcel Reece that no one else saw, maybe he'll do the same for Terrelle.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#74 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Mar 8, 2016 5:40 pm

Yikes.

From Alex Mack to Wiz.

Nothnxjeff.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 9, 2016 2:23 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Hue is bringing the gang back together - interested in signing Wiz, and Browns put a 3rd round tender on Terrelle Pryor. Hue got something out of Marcel Reece that no one else saw, maybe he'll do the same for Terrelle.

He might have a chance at getting Reece too - he's making 3m, he's been getting less and less touches, and Olawale looks just as good, if not better.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 9, 2016 2:57 am

Chris Ivory to sign with Jacksonville
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#77 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:24 am

Calvin Johnson has decided to retire.
His decision appears to be for good.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#78 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:39 pm

FNQ wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:Hue is bringing the gang back together - interested in signing Wiz, and Browns put a 3rd round tender on Terrelle Pryor. Hue got something out of Marcel Reece that no one else saw, maybe he'll do the same for Terrelle.

He might have a chance at getting Reece too - he's making 3m, he's been getting less and less touches, and Olawale looks just as good, if not better.

Yep, it seemed clear that Reece has been getting phased out (even before his PED suspension), with Olawale as his replacement in a similar (though unusual for a fullback) role.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#79 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:21 am

Justin Houston out for an extended period (maybe the full season) for Chiefs - why did he wait until February to get ACL surgery? He was injured in November.

Tough for him - will make lie a little easier for the Raiders revamped o-line though!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#80 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Huge draft trade by the Titans and Rams.
The Rams gave up so much for the first overall pick.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders