[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Thread - Washington vs Green Bay (1/10/16)

Moderator: LyricalRico

Who will prevail?

Burgundy and gold
100%
The frozen tundra of the north
No votes

Total votes: 2

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Re: Official Thread - Washington vs Green Bay (1/10/16) 

Post#61 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:36 am

BS
In Rizzo we trust
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#62 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:39 am

Nice stop but about a quarter too late.

And what is up with that fair catch? Based on the speed it looked like it might have gone into the end zone.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#63 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:40 am

I realize Desean went bonehead against Cowpunks... But why not have return a punt or two?
In Rizzo we trust
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#64 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:44 am

A$$ whooping
In Rizzo we trust
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#65 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:45 am

Wow, you idiots can't hold a 4 man rush on the most critical offensive snap of the game? LOL

Good night everyone! :wave:
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#66 » by queridiculo » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 am

Cousins has looked terrible under pressure.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Post#67 » by AFM » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:15 am

LMAO! Redskins back to form! Absolutely atrocious!!
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#68 » by closg00 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:28 am

Just stopped-by for the sadness. The Skins could never stop anyone all season.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#69 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:32 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:What the hell happened? My daughter and I ran out for a quick dinner. I'm just back and we're getting killed.

:nonono:

I'm seeing a trend here, Pine.

No more breaks from games for you. Family be darned.
In Rizzo we trust
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,761

Post#70 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:14 pm

As good as Cousins has played, when he's up against Aaron Rodgers you realize just how average Kirk looks in comparison. Not to say that he sucks, but he's...OK. Free agency and the draft will probably focus on the defense. They need help at every level, especially safety and corner.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#71 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:56 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:I have to switch back and forth with the Caps game. Ovy trying for his 500th goal tonight.

It's a real shame that Ovy's 500 gets over-shadowed by a Skins' loss.

Skins - including coaches - were just not ready for prime time. How do you not prepare for GB's no-huddle? 2 penalties for it on 1 drive? Our defensive stallwart gets 2 penalties. Cousins' fumble changed the game, and he had a lousy 4th quarter - otherwise played well. The whole team looked tired in the second half. Garcon doesn't run all out on a pass over his head and then takes himself out. Jackson does pretty much nothing all game against a mediocre secondary. Ryan Grant runs the wrong route when they needed a big play. The pass rush kept getting worse as the game wore on. Same with the run defense - which was bad against every good team the Skins played all season long.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#72 » by LyricalRico » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Rafael122 wrote:As good as Cousins has played, when he's up against Aaron Rodgers you realize just how average Kirk looks in comparison. Not to say that he sucks, but he's...OK. Free agency and the draft will probably focus on the defense. They need help at every level, especially safety and corner.

I would say it's more your latter point than the former, plus our coaches being a step behind. Rodgers had looked average for weeks, and on that first series that ended in a safety. But the GB coaches made some kind of change, and the protection was solid for the rest of the night. That's more of what was missing on the Washington side IMO.

Ruzious wrote:Skins - including coaches - were just not ready for prime time. How do you not prepare for GB's no-huddle? 2 penalties for it on 1 drive? Our defensive stallwart gets 2 penalties. Cousins' fumble changed the game, and he had a lousy 4th quarter - otherwise played well. The whole team looked tired in the second half. Garcon doesn't run all out on a pass over his head and then takes himself out. Jackson does pretty much nothing all game against a mediocre secondary. Ryan Grant runs the wrong route when they needed a big play. The pass rush kept getting worse as the game wore on. Same with the run defense - which was bad against every good team the Skins played all season long.

Don't forget Jackson (once again) single-handedly giving the momentum to the other team simply by having the ball in the wrong hand. Not getting 7 there and giving GB the confidence of a goal-line stand is what kept the Packers in the game to begin with. Speed be darned, I still say we're better off longterm without Jackson.

With more overall talent/smarts and a better prepared coaching staff, Washington never loses the momentum and wins that game easily IMO. That's exactly what the team will be next year after another draft and free agency period. Last Sunday definitely hurt, but I'm looking forward to what happens next.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:48 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:As good as Cousins has played, when he's up against Aaron Rodgers you realize just how average Kirk looks in comparison. Not to say that he sucks, but he's...OK. Free agency and the draft will probably focus on the defense. They need help at every level, especially safety and corner.

I would say it's more your latter point than the former, plus our coaches being a step behind. Rodgers had looked average for weeks, and on that first series that ended in a safety. But the GB coaches made some kind of change, and the protection was solid for the rest of the night. That's more of what was missing on the Washington side IMO.

Ruzious wrote:Skins - including coaches - were just not ready for prime time. How do you not prepare for GB's no-huddle? 2 penalties for it on 1 drive? Our defensive stallwart gets 2 penalties. Cousins' fumble changed the game, and he had a lousy 4th quarter - otherwise played well. The whole team looked tired in the second half. Garcon doesn't run all out on a pass over his head and then takes himself out. Jackson does pretty much nothing all game against a mediocre secondary. Ryan Grant runs the wrong route when they needed a big play. The pass rush kept getting worse as the game wore on. Same with the run defense - which was bad against every good team the Skins played all season long.

Don't forget Jackson (once again) single-handedly giving the momentum to the other team simply by having the ball in the wrong hand. Not getting 7 there and giving GB the confidence of a goal-line stand is what kept the Packers in the game to begin with. Speed be darned, I still say we're better off longterm without Jackson.

With more overall talent/smarts and a better prepared coaching staff, Washington never loses the momentum and wins that game easily IMO. That's exactly what the team will be next year after another draft and free agency period. Last Sunday definitely hurt, but I'm looking forward to what happens next.

I'm actually not convinced Jackson made a mistake there. He did the safe thing - controlling the ball - and got the team 1st and goal on the one half yard line. Washington not being able to get a TD in that situation wasn't his fault. It should have been virtually automatic to get a TD. And I give Jackson big kudos for taking the blame - which he was clearly doing - even though his teammates/coaches failure to score with a first & goal 16 inches from the goal line was the fail.

Washington was a MUCH better offensive team when Jackson was healthy. His first 2 games back, remember he wasn't really inundated. Even against GB, clearly GB's defensive game plan was to focus on stopping him, so even though his numbers were small, he was vital just being on the field. Not keeping him would likely set back the offense quite a bit, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,761

Post#74 » by Rafael122 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:22 pm

I guarantee you if Jones was playing he would have scored that touchdown. I'm not sure if Morris is soft or the fact that even though he's 27, there's a lot of miles on those knees, he's slowing down. For a guy who looks big, he gets tackled very easily.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Rafael122 wrote:I guarantee you if Jones was playing he would have scored that touchdown. I'm not sure if Morris is soft or the fact that even though he's 27, there's a lot of miles on those knees, he's slowing down. For a guy who looks big, he gets tackled very easily.

Yeah, Morris was great as a cut-back runner in Shanny's system, but he's not at all a power runner who's going to just bust up the middle and explode. It's been like forcing the proverbial round peg into the antiverbial square triangle.

Return to Washington Football Team