ImageImageImageImage

State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:58 am

#1, IMHO only the Browns and Redskins have a worse front office than us. We are still such a mess with no leadership at the top. We still have players bypassing coaches for meetings with the owner. Non-football people still making football decisions. This never happened the first 29 years of our existence.
#2, To those who bought into last year's smoke and mirrors and culture change, I don't see it. Especially to those over the hoop that told me I was a fool3 years ago when I brought all this to everyone's attention. But they didn't want to hear it because I said Ware was over rated and my post became less relevant to many. But I have been saying it for 4 years now. Still looks like a revolving door of cancers, under wear thieves, women beaters and thugs. And Now there's talk again of bring in Manziel. Just what we need, an immature, pill snorting, party-assed junkie.
#3, Another broken record coming, WHEN THE HELL DO WE ADDRESS DT? Do you guys think Crawford and Mincy are the answer?
#4, Running back by committee was a total failure. We have NO RB. Nothing we have is the answer.
#5, The risk of drafting high for Gregory and bring in Hardy also turned out to be a cluster you know what.
#6, The coaching sucks and I have been telling everyone also for4 years Garrett is a nice guy, a decant preparation coach, but sucks comes game time and with adjustments and still to me is just Jerry's little yes boy.
I have to stop now. Getting too upset. If I left anything out, please add.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:11 am

You forgot "$100 bill signing, enabled, iPad breaking" before "junkie" in the final description on #2. Other than that, I think you have summarized everything quite nicely.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:01 am

Jerry is so mentally ill. He won't stop because that would mean Jimmy was RIGHT IN BUILDING his only successful teams. It doesn't take 20 MOTHER FU.....ING YEARS TO REBUILD A TEAM. I remember a legendary coach who lost, Lilly, Howley, Hayes, Ditka, Hill, Alworth, Andrie, green, to retirement etc., after losing the 1974 NFC Championship game to Minnesota. they drafted Harvey Martin and Ed Jones the previous year, sent Morton to the Giants where we acquired Randy White, sent Calvin Hill to the Browns and drafted the dirty dozen. What happened, we ended up being the first wild card team to make it to the Super Bowl the following year. I really don't know how after 20 years, Jerry can look in the mirror and say its not all his fault after this 19 year stretch.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:06 pm

Welp... The state of the union hasn't changed much. Just think. If the defense could have made stops in only half of those games they gave up winning drives in the 4th quarter.

Just half.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:36 am

When was the last time our defense made a key stop game or big moment? Did I mention we have no leadership at the top or in the front office. OH, and our yes, man coaches all suck.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:When was the last time our defense made a key stop game or big moment? Did I mention we have no leadership at the top or in the front office. OH, and our yes, man coaches all suck.

2014?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we give up a 4th round draft choice to Buffalo for Cassell? And did we also give up a 6th rounder for Michael who is now back in Seattle? Two less players in the draft we desperately need. Thanks again Jerry for 20 years of the go all in, win now approach to everything. Wow, just wow.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:47 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we give up a 4th round draft choice to Buffalo for Cassell? And did we also give up a 6th rounder for Michael who is now back in Seattle? Two less players in the draft we desperately need. Thanks again Jerry for 20 years of the go all in, win now approach to everything. Wow, just wow.

Yup... smart GM work right there.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we give up a 4th round draft choice to Buffalo for Cassell? And did we also give up a 6th rounder for Michael who is now back in Seattle? Two less players in the draft we desperately need. Thanks again Jerry for 20 years of the go all in, win now approach to everything. Wow, just wow.

Yup... smart GM work right there.

Is there any more doubt about who is the biggest cancer in our beloved franchise. :banghead:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 3, 2016 1:16 am

Wonder if forces the coaches to keep Sean Lee out of this week's game to save 2 million in bonus'.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 4, 2016 2:37 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wonder if forces the coaches to keep Sean Lee out of this week's game to save 2 million in bonus'.

According to an interview with him, he took himself out of today's game. The hamstring couldn't go.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 4, 2016 3:07 am

And as usual, we get shredded on defense when he doesn't play. But most of the Cowboy fans at the hoop claim LB is way low on their list of needs for this team. Never mind going back the past 3 years when Lee doesn't play. Look what happened to the defense when he got hurt in Atlanta. You know how the second half went after Lee couldn't go and we gave up even more the following week at New Orleans.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:14 pm

STILL REBUILDING AFTER 20 YEARS, NOT ONLY ON THE FIELD, THE COACHES AND FRONT OFFICE. ORGANIZATIONALLY, NOTHING BUT A MESS. TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:02 am

This thread, finally just got confirmed to what I have been saying all along for the past 3 years thanks to Troy Aikman's SI story released a couple days ago. All talking points in this thread were brought up in this article.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:49 pm

I listen to "The Ticket" (I'm a P-1) and heard Troy's comments Thursday morning. I should note that he is on every Thursday morning at 7:55 AM during the season (I can point you all to a wonderful app it you wish). He has been consistent with his opinion for the last few years. It's just that now the rest of the national crickets finally picked up on it.

As I used to say back in my Fan Nation days... nothing to see here. Move along.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:44 pm

It must drive Jerry nuts that his only failure in life and business is not being able to run a pro football team and deliver his promised championships.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:35 pm

Looks like my bold prediction at Disney is looking better and better every year now. For those of you who were not there when I made my bold prediction at Disney, before moving to the Hoop for a short time was this; D. Ware is one of the most over rated Cowboy to ever put on a Dallas uniform and it would be at least 7 years if everything went right, before we were truly relevant again. Looks like many will be owing me an apology I will never get. Now the latest, our main draft pick from last year is now suspended. I guess we have such a **** vetting process we can't draft players with character, instead of drug problems and domestic violence. Jerry, changing the batteries isn't working. The Matrix is still wrong you bone head. Wow.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#18 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like my bold prediction at Disney is looking better and better every year now. For those of you who were not there when I made my bold prediction at Disney, before moving to the Hoop for a short time was this; D. Ware is one of the most over rated Cowboy to ever put on a Dallas uniform and it would be at least 7 years if everything went right, before we were truly relevant again. Looks like many will be owing me an apology I will never get. Now the latest, our main draft pick from last year is now suspended. I guess we have such a **** vetting process we can't draft players with character, instead of drug problems and domestic violence. Jerry, changing the batteries isn't working. The Matrix is still wrong you bone head. Wow.

It's not only drug users and women beaters they need to stay away from. They need to stay away from injured players. That's why I do not want them to draft Myles Jack.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:42 am

It doesn't matter if they are any of those things. Its the leadership, if you can call it that, taking chances drafting players with CHARACTER issues. Give me the hard working, scappy, give it all at all times with high quality character anytime. They seem to have much longer careers. However, you really can't punish most injured players. Injuries can't be predicted by anyone. Can you imagine a Dallas defense, if we had 12 players on defense with Sean Lee's character and work ethic?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#20 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:23 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:It doesn't matter if they are any of those things. Its the leadership, if you can call it that, taking chances drafting players with CHARACTER issues. Give me the hard working, scappy, give it all at all times with high quality character anytime. They seem to have much longer careers. However, you really can't punish most injured players. Injuries can't be predicted by anyone. Can you imagine a Dallas defense, if we had 12 players on defense with Sean Lee's character and work ethic?

I agree as far character and work ethic Lee is the epitome of what you would want in a player but he hurts the team as much if not even more when he's out several games or the entire year because he's hurt. I say more because when he plays he's great and the team depends on him, then he gets hurt and misses an entire year. And you're right they can't predict injuries but when a player is already has a major injury or history of injuries they shouldn't draft him, regardless of how good he is. That's just my opinion.

Return to Dallas Cowboys