ImageImageImageImage

Jerry... Jerry... Jerry...

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#1 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu May 14, 2015 2:48 pm

"We’re better. Murray certainly is in that thought, but what we’ve got a chance to do with our depth, what we’ve got a chance to do with the talent, the competition that we have, and I’m assuming that we can protect Romo, which standing here last year, the concerns about his surgeries were more so than today. So if Romo can have the kind of year that he had last year, then our running game will benefit from that."

Please.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 15, 2015 2:58 am

Jerry just can't help himself. He's always been that way.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri May 15, 2015 12:06 pm

Nope. Can't help himself. Not one bit.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 4, 2016 11:52 pm

Couldn't help myself again when I saw this. Wow. Going into the season we were a better team with DEPTH. Really Jerry. He proves every year, week to week, he is just not a competent football guy. Why won't you fire yourself? Is it because you would have to admit you were wrong about Jimmy? You've had 20 years to prove yourself or admit you were wrong. Can we please move forward now? Step aside just for 3 years. Give a top notch coach the power and :banghead: chance to bring success and happiness to Cowboy nation. Your 20 year failure gives us no hope moving forward.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 9, 2016 8:49 pm

Hear the latest in Big D this past week? Jerry is thinking about drafting a OT with our first pick. At first I shook my head. Then I started to think about it. I guess Jerry is thinking about building a wall around Romo. Doesn't want have Romo get hurt again after what we all suffered through this season. Any maybe he doesn't see the back up or replacement in this year's draft and thinks the best success for next year is to keep Romo from getting hurt and not waste a pick on back up QB. Good, use the rest on defense if that is the approach, Dunbar will be back next year, Keep McFadden another year and sign Megatron. He wants out of Detroit and that would more than take care of our WR need and more than open up things for everyone. Megatron on one side, Dez on the other. I can see crazy Jerry trying to pull something off like this.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#6 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hear the latest in Big D this past week? Jerry is thinking about drafting a OT with our first pick. At first I shook my head. Then I started to think about it. I guess Jerry is thinking about building a wall around Romo. Doesn't want have Romo get hurt again after what we all suffered through this season. Any maybe he doesn't see the back up or replacement in this year's draft and thinks the best success for next year is to keep Romo from getting hurt and not waste a pick on back up QB. Good, use the rest on defense if that is the approach, Dunbar will be back next year, Keep McFadden another year and sign Megatron. He wants out of Detroit and that would more than take care of our WR need and more than open up things for everyone. Megatron on one side, Dez on the other. I can see crazy Jerry trying to pull something off like this.

If Goff is off the board I see the Cowboys going with Myles Jack (or Laquan Treadwell at #4), Carson Wentz in the 2nd, and Alex Collins in the 3rd. The only thing that would prevent them from drafting a RB in the middle rounds would be if they are able to sign Lamar Miller in FA.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Sorry. not in agreement with most of you Cowboy fans on this one. QB is a horrible pick for us and I don't see a replacement down the road in this year's draft. I am also in total disagreement going RB and CB. Keep doing the same thing guys and we will continue this for another 20 years. Why draft an RB anyways. Forte wants out of Chicago, Miller is a free agent. What about West and/or Ware from K.C. when Charles comes back next year. Both would be perfect for us. So again, RB along with QB is not on my radar this upcoming draft. :banghead:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Sorry. not in agreement with most of you Cowboy fans on this one. QB is a horrible pick for us and I don't see a replacement down the road in this year's draft. I am also in total disagreement going RB and CB. Keep doing the same thing guys and we will continue this for another 20 years. Why draft an RB anyways. Forte wants out of Chicago, Miller is a free agent. What about West and/or Ware from K.C. when Charles comes back next year. Both would be perfect for us. So again, RB along with QB is not on my radar this upcoming draft. :banghead:

Always leery about signing a FA RB. And in the case of some of the ones you mention - even more so. Lots of wear and tear right with some of those guys.

As long as we don't drink the Alabama Kool Aid and go after Henry... I just don't dig Bama running backs in the NFL.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:22 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Sorry. not in agreement with most of you Cowboy fans on this one. QB is a horrible pick for us and I don't see a replacement down the road in this year's draft. I am also in total disagreement going RB and CB. Keep doing the same thing guys and we will continue this for another 20 years. Why draft an RB anyways. Forte wants out of Chicago, Miller is a free agent. What about West and/or Ware from K.C. when Charles comes back next year. Both would be perfect for us. So again, RB along with QB is not on my radar this upcoming draft. :banghead:

Always leery about signing a FA RB. And in the case of some of the ones you mention - even more so. Lots of wear and tear right with some of those guys.

As long as we don't drink the Alabama Kool Aid and go after Henry... I just don't dig Bama running backs in the NFL.

Lamar Miller will be 26 going in to next season and has been underused in Miami. His running style also fits perfect with the Cowboys OL.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

Lamar Miller will be 26 going in to next season and has been underused in Miami. His running style also fits perfect with the Cowboys OL.

Wonder what the price is for him... is it what Jerry offered Murray before Murray split for Philly?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#11 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

Wonder what the price is for him... is it what Jerry offered Murray before Murray split for Philly?

I think that's about what it will take to sign Miller. Miller, McFadden, and Dunbar is actually a pretty solid RB core. It also prevents them from having to spend a draft pick on a RB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:15 pm

I would love to have Spencer Ware from the Kansas City Chiefs. He would be a perfect fit for us. Not sure how many Chief games you guys saw this year, but IMHO, West and Ware make the Chiefs a lot better than with Charles. And of course the big weakness with Charles half the time was his knack for fumbling.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:31 pm

I didn't get to see too many Chief's games this year. He has good size though, at least as far as weight goes. He's also only 24 yrs old. Is he a free agent this year?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Mr B wrote:I didn't get to see too many Chief's games this year. He has good size though, at least as far as weight goes. He's also only 24 yrs old. Is he a free agent this year?

Nope. Tied up through 2017 (RFA).
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Like what was mentioned earlier, dead money coming off the books, salary cap going up, maybe we can use a little for the WR and RB so many in Cowboy nation wants. Not up to speed on upcoming free agency, but I have heard Miller is a free agent and Forte wants out from the Bears. Heard as well that Jefferies also wants out of Chicago and Megaton wants out of Detroit. With Romo coming back healthy along with DEZ, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ATTRACT A NICE VETERAN OR 2 AT A FAIR PRICE WITH our great O-Line. That way I can have my way, LMAO, and use the WHOLE draft for 2 DT's, 2 LB's and 2 CB's. I'll put a better product on the field than Jerry.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:02 pm

I would LOVE to grab Jeffries... and I think Megatron will get his wish although I fear he goes to NE. Forte scares the hell out of me. At some point, his production is going to drop and drop precipitously. We don't need that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:14 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:I would LOVE to grab Jeffries... and I think Megatron will get his wish although I fear he goes to NE. Forte scares the hell out of me. At some point, his production is going to drop and drop precipitously. We don't need that.

I wouldn't worry too much about Megatron going to New England. A lot of inside rumors from good sources are saying Bellicheat is leaving at the end of the year. And of course, deflate gate is not fully resolved. If that all holds true, the Patriot run will be over and things will crumble quite rapidly.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:34 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:I would LOVE to grab Jeffries... and I think Megatron will get his wish although I fear he goes to NE. Forte scares the hell out of me. At some point, his production is going to drop and drop precipitously. We don't need that.

That's the only reason I wouldn't go after Forte. Skill wise he'd be a perfect fit and overall is a better player than Miller. The problem is that he's in his 30's. Unless he's be will int to come to Dallas for the vet min for 1 year I wouldn't touch him. Miller is a very good RB and in his prime. I'd offer him a 4 yr deal no problem.

I'd also love to sign Jeffries. From what I'm hearing they should have about $30 mil in cap space. I wouldn't want to burn all that on 2 players though. They would be best off filling as many of their needs in free agency on solid players. That way they can go into the draft with the mindset of just drafting the best player available regardless of position (after a QB that is).
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:49 am

Anyone have the top 3 DT's. LB's and CB's for this year's upcoming draft?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#20 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Anyone have the top 3 DT's. LB's and CB's for this year's upcoming draft?

The top 3 DT's are: A'Shawn Robinson from Alabama, Andrew Billings from Baylor, and DeForest Buckner from Oregon

Top 3 LB's are: Myles Jack/UCLA, Reggie Ragland/Alabama, and Jaylon Smith/Notre Dame. Smith is coming off a major knee injury. Also Joey Bosa/Ohio, and Leonard Floyd/Georgia are OLB/DE types.

Top 3 CB's are: Jalen Ramsey/Florida St, Vernon Hargraves/Florida, and Tre'Davious White/LSU. Ramsey is a very similar player to Byron Jones, a CB/S type.

Of those guys the only ones being projected as possible top 5 picks are A'Shawn Robinson, Myles Jack, and Jalen Ramsey. If Jaylon Smith had not blown out his knee in that last game he also would have been projected as a top 5 pick. Now he's projected to go in the middle teens. He might
not be ready for training camp.

Return to Dallas Cowboys