ImageImageImageImage

Jerry... Jerry... Jerry...

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#21 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:20 pm

I got an eyeful of Robinson and Ragland at the Cotton Bowl. Only concerns I've read about Ragland are his speed and ability to cover sideline-to-sideline. He sure did it well against MSU but we all know it'll be a different game for him at the next level.

Robinson - he was a man among boys against MSU. One of the Sparty fans I was sitting next to kept saying over and over "Damn - Bama's defensive linemen look 20 pounds heavier than our offensive linemen." And Robinson absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage. He's the one I'm keeping my eyes on over the next couple of months.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#22 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:18 pm

One thing to also keep in mind is that the Cowboys do not put a lot of value in drafting a 1-tech DT high in the draft no matter how good he is. A play making 3-tech maybe but not a run stuffing 1-tech.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 pm

That's one of the very main reasons why we are still rebuilding after 20 years.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:22 pm

You might be right
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:10 pm

Mr B wrote:One thing to also keep in mind is that the Cowboys do not put a lot of value in drafting a 1-tech DT high in the draft no matter how good he is. A play making 3-tech maybe but not a run stuffing 1-tech.

Dallas Cowboys very first pick in their history, 1961, #1 overall, DT - Bob Lilly.
I think picking Lilly worked out just fine for us, didn't he. His nickname was MR. Cowboy. :D
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Mr B wrote:One thing to also keep in mind is that the Cowboys do not put a lot of value in drafting a 1-tech DT high in the draft no matter how good he is. A play making 3-tech maybe but not a run stuffing 1-tech.

Dallas Cowboys very first pick in their history, 1961, #1 overall, DT - Bob Lilly.
I think picking Lilly worked out just fine for us, didn't he. His nickname was MR. Cowboy. :D
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

That was not during the Jones era. In today's game Lily would have all been considered a 3-tech not a 1-tech. If there were another Aaron Donald in this draft he would likely be the pick but unfortunately there isn't. None of the DT's in this draft are on that level. That's why I think if they go defense Myles Jack will be the guy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:33 pm

I hope you are right my friend, I hope you are right !!!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#29 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:59 am

Whichever way they go, I'm just really excited about this draft. They haven't picked this high since they drafted Russell Maryland in 1991. No matter who they take they are going to get a great player.

Also have to say that I'm glad this board isn't completely dead. I'm a pretty hard core draft nerd and a HUGE Cowboys fan it's fun to have someone to debate with back and forth.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:35 am

Same here. Did you get banned at hoopla to, or did you just leave because of all the backdoor politics by the mods and crazy drama that was over there?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#31 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:08 am

I actually never posted there. I post on here from the Tapatalk app and have strictly posted on here and one other board for a couple years now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:15 am

Mr B wrote:Whichever way they go, I'm just really excited about this draft. They haven't picked this high since they drafted Russell Maryland in 1991. No matter who they take they are going to get a great player.

Also have to say that I'm glad this board isn't completely dead. I'm a pretty hard core draft nerd and a HUGE Cowboys fan it's fun to have someone to debate with back and forth.

Have you had a chance to compare #1 draft choices by legendary Tom Landry vs. GM Jerry Jones. You will laugh.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Whichever way they go, I'm just really excited about this draft. They haven't picked this high since they drafted Russell Maryland in 1991. No matter who they take they are going to get a great player.

Have you had a chance to compare #1 draft choices by legendary Tom Landry vs. GM Jerry Jones. You will laugh.

I don't think anyone is debating that Jerry's picks have been better than Landry's. That's why I'm glad the Cowboys now finally have a legit football guy in charge of draft instead of Jerry.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:22 am

Hopefully, someone will take Jerry out the night before the draft and get him so drunk he passes out for a few days, lol.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:15 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hopefully, someone will take Jerry out the night before the draft and get him so drunk he passes out for a few days, lol.

Trust in Will McClay.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:13 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hopefully, someone will take Jerry out the night before the draft and get him so drunk he passes out for a few days, lol.

Trust in Will McClay.

That's where I hang my hat...
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Trust in Will McClay.

That's where I hang my hat...

Will McClay is the sole reason I would not be upset if they decided to go with Carson Wentz at #4. After studying him and working with him at the Senior Bowl and the Combine, if they decided that is their guy I would not be upset if they picked him even though most people think he's more of a middle 1st rounder.

Jerry has said himself that McClay is the main reason this team drafted Travis Fredrick. Everyone else in the NFL had Fredrick going in the 2nd or 3rd round. McClay did his homework and knew better. Fredrick isn't even 5 years into his career and is already a 2 time All Pro. If McClay believes Wentz will be a Pro Bowl QB (or even All Pro) then I trust him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:20 am

I still want Myles Jack, LB. I did some reading at the hoop. 90% of the Cowboy poster's over there want us to use our first pick on another DB.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:58 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I still want Myles Jack, LB. I did some reading at the hoop. 90% of the Cowboy poster's over there want us to use our first pick on another DB.

Screw that. Obviously I want a QB with the 1st pick but this team needs a consistent pass rush. If they are able to get constant pressure on the QB their secondary will be better.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I still want Myles Jack, LB. I did some reading at the hoop. 90% of the Cowboy poster's over there want us to use our first pick on another DB.

As Mr. B said...

Screw that!

Return to Dallas Cowboys