Tapatalk users

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Tapatalk users 

Post#1 » by dream34 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:34 pm

I wanted to post an announcement that we are going to try to disable Tapatalk for at least a few days in the near future to monitor the performance impact it has on our servers. From some debugging I've done, it looks like a significant portion of the performance drain on our database comes from the Tapatalk code. If things do not change much, it can be brought back.

Ultimately - I think we would like to get rid of the reliance on Tapatalk completely though as we've made our site more mobile friendly. Can everyone who prefers to use Tapatalk please leave a comment as to why? What about it is easier to use? Maybe we can make better adjustments in our forum design to accommodate that.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Re: Tapatalk users 

Post#2 » by Sofa King » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:41 pm

I never use tapatalk but I have viewed this forum on my mobile for years. I recently missed the dropdown menu that was previously at the bottom of the forum. Now I cant navigate easily on the mobile nor laptop. You also had favorite forums option that I liked but took ít away months ago.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,683

Post#3 » by KingDavid » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm

dream34 wrote:I wanted to post an announcement that we are going to try to disable Tapatalk for at least a few days in the near future to monitor the performance impact it has on our servers. From some debugging I've done, it looks like a significant portion of the performance drain on our database comes from the Tapatalk code. If things do not change much, it can be brought back.

Ultimately - I think we would like to get rid of the reliance on Tapatalk completely though as we've made our site more mobile friendly. Can everyone who prefers to use Tapatalk please leave a comment as to why? What about it is easier to use? Maybe we can make better adjustments in our forum design to accommodate that.

Well I paid for it.

A common problem I was having with the mobile site were redirect ads. The constant shifting while the page is loading. That's why I kept going back to Tapatalk. If you're used to using Tapatalk on different forums, it's just a matter of convenience to consistently use a familiar design and layout for each forum.

I no longer have the redirect ads so I've been using the mobile site again. If anything, the realgm app had a lot of promise, being a Tapatalk clone and all, but I haven't tried that in a while. I vaguely remember an issue with the app and you replied with something along the lines of "it works on iOS, but nothing can be done about android." So I deleted it.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,934

Post#4 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:59 pm

It's easier. There is a specific app I can click on to access the forum, rather than entering Chrome for Android and typing in the link.

It's easier to log in and stay logged in, rather than navigate the smaller link buttons on the mobile site.

It's cleaner - less busy. Not all sorts of random links, boxes, ads, icons, etc from the full site. Just threads and posts, which makes the forums easier to navigate, and also puts less strain on your eyes.

Those are primarily the reasons I use Tapatalk.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#5 » by dancing2thabeet » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:58 pm

The website works horribly on my mobile. Constantly shifts from one view to another (ads?) which results in clicking the wrong topic all the time. I can't remember the last time I visited realgm on my mobile because of that, I just gave up. Using samsung galaxy s2 mini.

Never tried tapalk or realgm app though.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#6 » by kane2021 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:25 pm

The mobile site is really bad and I refuse to use it. The page constantly shifts. I hit wrong links because the page moves. Its slow loading up all the ads and photos. If its a page with allot of photos, tweets, videos or vines you might as well forget about it. The page hangs up all the time. Closing out all the ads. Its just very slow and unreliable and im not going to use it.

Sense the app came out i've used it for about 80% of my activity on the forum. Its fast and easy. Real clean. Its limited in features but its a trade off for the convenience. Its perfect for during games. So you dont have to walk away from your TV to go to the computer, or minimize the tab the game is in just to come to realgm to post in the game threads.

That mobile site must be a data hog too with as much time as it takes to load a page. Im not going to use it. Without the app I cant post during and after games. Cant check in from time to time through out the day. Just going to be on realgm 80% less. Really its the app thats kept me around. Because then I will take time to sit at my computer to follow up on notifications and see the content I cant see in the app. Like the embedded tweets. I hope all this gets solved because activity has really slowed down. For the time being i'll find something else to do for knicks stuff.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#7 » by Aaron It Out » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:29 pm

I never knew rage until I clicked the wrong link 6 times in a row on the mobile page.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
IDBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#8 » by IDBall » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:31 pm

The mobile site is bad.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#9 » by Sofa King » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:59 am

The mobile site is similiar to the web browsing site for me and I dont get ads
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,827

Post#10 » by TeamTragic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:08 am

Tapatalk is complete garbage and quite confusing. I hate their grid system and prefer the browser experience. Much smoother and more user friendly. Just my thoughts.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,449

Post#11 » by samwana » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:24 am

humanrefutation wrote:It's easier. There is a specific app I can click on to access the forum, rather than entering Chrome for Android and typing in the link.

It's easier to log in and stay logged in, rather than navigate the smaller link buttons on the mobile site.

It's cleaner - less busy. Not all sorts of random links, boxes, ads, icons, etc from the full site. Just threads and posts, which makes the forums easier to navigate, and also puts less strain on your eyes.

Those are primarily the reasons I use Tapatalk.

I agree it's a nice experience, I tried using a browser, but it was absolutely horrid and the realgm app wasn't better than tapatalk either, so I went back to it, because it is easy to use and shows me what I want to see and nothing else.

With tapatalk out I wont be here as much either.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#12 » by Nightfall » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 am

I never liked Tapatalk , but this :

Aaron It Out wrote:I never knew rage until I clicked the wrong link 6 times in a row on the mobile page.

is the biggest problem of the mobile site.

In the beginning I thought I was losing it, I was about to make an appoitnemnt to check for Parkinsons as I couldn't hit a damn link :lol: . Now in the rare case I use the mobile (despite having LTE 50Mbit with great coverage, or a 200Mbit conncetion at home/office), I always go to make a coffee before I start to click on a link...
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Post#13 » by dream34 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Tapatalk will remain up for the foreseeable future and we appreciate the feedback. The mobile page jumping issue should also be much more improved.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#14 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:00 pm

dream34 wrote:

Are you referring to Tapatalk specifically or are you referring to the RealGM app as well?

I like the RealGM app much more than Tapatalk. Tapatalk used to be good but has become very user UNfriendly over the years. I'd have no problem with Tapatalk being gone if the RealGM app was maintained.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#15 » by Kuya » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:23 am

Bring back the Tapatalk. Way better, smoother and easier than the mobile site. I still can't log on to my app.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#16 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:32 am

tapatalk is simply far easier to use to post than mobile.
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,937

Post#17 » by EH15 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:00 am

Please don't remove Tapatalk support...
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#18 » by Mirjalovic » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:58 am

Please support tapatalk. It's a hassle to write long and difficult password on browsers in the phone. With tapatalk it's easier to manager my favourite forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,158

Post#19 » by KnicksGod » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:30 pm

We have no plans to remove Tapatalk at this time, based on your feedback.
push
Sixth Man
And1: 1,019

Post#20 » by push » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm

What about the RealmGM app, which is much better than Tapatalk?

Return to Feedback and Suggestions