Tapatalk users

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Re: Tapatalk users 

Post#21 » by KnicksGod » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:23 pm

push wrote:What about the RealmGM app, which is much better than Tapatalk?

That will remain, too. Status quo on the stack of tech available to RealGM users -- but, we are working hard behind the scenes to improve the speed and functionality of the mobile forums.

For those that are on the fence, it is worth it to keep checking the mobile forums once in a while. By a wide margin, users have had a very positive reaction to the new responsive design of the mobile forums since it was launched recently. And as mentioned, we're continuing to make upgrades.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#22 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:56 am

just to add even though you already said you wont, DON'T TAKE AWAY TAPATALK EVER.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#23 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:59 am

KnicksGod wrote:

That will remain, too. Status quo on the stack of tech available to RealGM users -- but, we are working hard behind the scenes to improve the speed and functionality of the mobile forums.

For those that are on the fence, it is worth it to keep checking the mobile forums once in a while. By a wide margin, users have had a very positive reaction to the new responsive design of the mobile forums since it was launched recently. And as mentioned, we're continuing to make upgrades.

I think just being able to open the app and be logged in (I dislike having to login on the browser, especially since it logs me out every 15 or so min), being able to get notifications right to my phone (like a text message), and just an overall simple and clean UI makes tapatalk the more viable option. The message notification part is the most important though.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#24 » by KnicksGod » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:54 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

I think just being able to open the app and be logged in (I dislike having to login on the browser, especially since it logs me out every 15 or so min), being able to get notifications right to my phone (like a text message), and just an overall simple and clean UI makes tapatalk the more viable option. The message notification part is the most important though.

Notifications for mobile are something we can put on the development list. On RealGM mobile forums, you should stay logged in for much longer than 15 minutes. We fixed that problem a while ago.
push
Sixth Man
And1: 1,019

Post#25 » by push » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Yeah the only thing missing from the RealGM app is notifications, that would make it the best choice for viewing the forums on mobile. Other than the minor issues like no avatars, and 1's, etc.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#26 » by Howard Mass » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Hopefully this will happen in the future.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#27 » by BadWolf » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Maybe it's just me, but tapatalk can't handle tweets. And pages are full of them. The site in Opera browser on Android actually looks like tapatalk. Maybe you could add the possibility to show more then 20 posts per page.
gnif
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 47

Post#28 » by gnif » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:43 am

push wrote:Yeah the only thing missing from the RealGM app is notifications, that would make it the best choice for viewing the forums on mobile. Other than the minor issues like no avatars, and 1's, etc.

Missing avatars were due to a bug in the Tapatalk extension for phpBB3, an update was applied that should have corrected this, but any old posts will still have a broken avatar due to the caching by tapatalk.

Edit: I have added a rule to the server to perform a redirect to fix the old/cached broken avatars, all should be working unless people actually have broken avatars.
HostFission- Full server management monitoring and hosting solutions.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#29 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:00 am

gnif wrote:
push wrote:Yeah the only thing missing from the RealGM app is notifications, that would make it the best choice for viewing the forums on mobile. Other than the minor issues like no avatars, and 1's, etc.

Missing avatars were due to a bug in the Tapatalk extension for phpBB3, an update was applied that should have corrected this, but any old posts will still have a broken avatar due to the caching by tapatalk.

Edit: I have added a rule to the server to perform a redirect to fix the old/cached broken avatars, all should be working unless people actually have broken avatars.

Where did you get your comp sci degree from gnif?? You are smart man. :D
gnif
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 47

Post#30 » by gnif » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:55 am

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:Where did you get your comp sci degree from gnif?? You are smart man. :D

Thanks mate :). I am a self taught computer enthusast with aspbergers syndrome. Started programming at the age of six, and now have over 25 years of experience from electronics engineering to software development. Never learn't well at school as I was not diagnosed until I was 21, by then I had given up on the education system and decided to just teach myself, which for the most part I find works better anyway. :D
HostFission- Full server management monitoring and hosting solutions.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,149

Post#31 » by tsherkin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:52 am

gnif wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:Where did you get your comp sci degree from gnif?? You are smart man. :D

Thanks mate :). I am a self taught computer enthusast with aspbergers syndrome. Started programming at the age of six, and now have over 25 years of experience from electronics engineering to software development. Never learn't well at school as I was not diagnosed until I was 21, by then I had given up on the education system and decided to just teach myself, which for the most part I find works better anyway. :D

Translation: Code Academy and a lot of Sam's and Wiley's books!

:D

gnif's great!!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#32 » by Howard Mass » Sun May 29, 2016 4:54 am

Definitely agree.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,755

Post#33 » by RubberSoul » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Anybody else not able to view embedded tweets on Tapatalk? I've contacted Tapatalk support but haven't received any help.

Here is an example.

Read on Twitter

In Tapatalk it just shows up as numbers that link to a non existing webpage. Just wondering if anyone had any solutions. Thanks!
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Post#34 » by dream34 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:39 pm

I'll try to see if this is an issue across all of Tapatalk or just the RealGM version.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions