Demetrius Jackson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

coletrain11
Ballboy
And1: 120

Demetrius Jackson 

Post#1 » by coletrain11 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:36 am

I really like this kid. He's a good shooter with great athleticism. Can improve as a passer but doesn't turn the ball over much.
He runs and glides like a running back. His speed and athleticism really reminds me of Bledsoe and Lowry back in Nova.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,646

Re: Demetrius Jackson 

Post#2 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:01 am

Huge huge fan of his. He's going to go late lottery and a bunch of teams and fans are going to be pissed their team passed up on him. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Post#3 » by rumdiary » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Reminds me of Eric Bledsoe
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#4 » by Ell Curry » Mon Feb 1, 2016 4:18 am

Impressed me last year. Seemed to be decent at everything and have an NBA physique. Could see him doing well next to a high usage perimeter player.
Where's the D?
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#5 » by getrichordie » Mon Feb 1, 2016 4:42 am

Haven't seen him play but watched a few highlights of his on the 'tube. Great athlete. Decent size for a PG in today's NBA. Great vision, bounce, and decent feel for the game. You can tell the kid is a playmaker.

Saw some guys saying he's the "next Russell Westbrook." I don't see it. Eric Bledsoe is closer. I think Isaiah Thomas is even closer.
How good is he on defense, though?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:12 am

getrichordie wrote:Haven't seen him play but watched a few highlights of his on the 'tube. Great athlete. Decent size for a PG in today's NBA. Great vision, bounce, and decent feel for the game. You can tell the kid is a playmaker.

Saw some guys saying he's the "next Russell Westbrook." I don't see it. Eric Bledsoe is closer. I think Isaiah Thomas is even closer.
How good is he on defense, though?

He can get lost off the ball on D. But the dude is really good on the ball. With his strength and quickness I think he has pretty good defensive potential. His smaller size may keep him from being elite defensively, but his on ball D is definitely a strength
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:15 am

I know I will get some hate for this. But I dont think the gap between him and Dunn is all that big. I even wouldnt mind if my team ended up with him over Dunn. Im a big fan of his
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#8 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:29 pm

I compared him to a poor man's Bledsoe more than a year ago. I don't think he has quite the explosive athleticism that Bledsoe had.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#9 » by doordoor123 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 10:26 pm

Ruzious wrote:I compared him to a poor man's Bledsoe more than a year ago. I don't think he has quite the explosive athleticism that Bledsoe had.

I think he's a career back up. I think his only hype is that visually he looks like Bledsoe. He doesn't have the speed or handles to excell at the PG position. And his passing is super overrated. These crazy cross-court passes rarely work in the half-court NBA unless it's either part of your system or the team runs through you. He has an injury history too. I personally would take a guy like Monte Morris above him, but I also think he's still going to get drafted in the first round because teams still think there is something there. As of now I think any team that drafts him is drafting a D-league player... Unless he somehow becomes a lockdown defender.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#10 » by GimmeDat » Tue Feb 2, 2016 1:23 am

I love that he has 2 way potential. The guy has dynamic offensive ability but on top of that, could be a really disruptive defensive force.

I fee l like he might struggle as an overall PG in some ways, I think he has a ways to go as a floor general/facilitator, but his speed/handles/jumper are all legit.

I would say ceiling Bledsoe, floor bench chucker.
Paxson43
Sixth Man
And1: 588

Post#11 » by Paxson43 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:45 am

I've seen him mocked anywhere from late lottery to late first round. Wouldn't shock me one bit to see the Bulls take him at #14.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,810

Post#12 » by HotelVitale » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:20 am

In my not-very-informed opinion, he looks like a good solid prospect who you shouldn't count on but who could really surprise in a few years. Has a wide variety of pretty-good skills, and has a sufficient size/athleticism combo to give himself the opportunity to hang with the best in the NBA. Right now, he's not a special shooter, athlete, finisher, or passer at the NBA level, so I wouldn't expect him to be great. But he's got enough of a basic package that, if he manages to put everything together--make great reads and shoot the ball well--he could be an above-average starting point guard. If he works out, could be something between Ty Lawson (pre-hammered version) and Bledsoe.

doordoor123 wrote: And his passing is super overrated. These crazy cross-court passes rarely work in the half-court NBA unless it's either part of your system or the team runs through you.r.

What is this about? I haven't seen anything about his outlet passes or long kick-outs, definitely no one talking about how those are a key strength or skill of his. The draft sites basically say 'doesn't have amazing vision but good basic passing skills--can hit open guys off drives, in transition, and in pn'r.' And his assist:TO was good for a high-volume combo guard. Seems like he's considered a capable passer who can make the right play much of the time but isn't a passing savant.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#13 » by Coeur » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:23 am

Not seeing this guy in the nba at all. Really puzzling to see him considered a 1st round almost lock. Athletically and skills and production he doesnt compare to josh adams. Adams isnt even considered 2nd round on mock drafts.

Return to NBA Draft