Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: RE: Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#741 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Feb 1, 2016 9:52 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:Pogba >>>>>>>>> James

Based on what, hype? Stats say they are even. One was the young player of the wc, the other was arguably the best player of the tournament.

Accomplishments are even, stats even, price tag even. But sure, Pogba only trails Ronaldo and Messi. The hype is strong with that one

Are you really going to bring Stats to football ?
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#742 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Feb 1, 2016 10:09 pm

Yes. Since when do we not use stats to judge players' seasons?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#743 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Feb 1, 2016 10:10 pm

By the way, how's Casillas panning out?
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: RE: Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#744 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Feb 1, 2016 10:13 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:By the way, how's Casillas panning out?

Great, thank you for asking :)
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#745 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Feb 1, 2016 10:36 pm

Anyway, I really like Juve. Hope yall beat Bayern.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,092

Post#746 » by magik9113 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 11:21 pm

It is a damn shame that Kwadwo Asamoah can never stay healthy. He looked very good again when he was finally able to string together some appearances.
At least Pereyra is back now.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#747 » by DD12 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 12:05 am

James, stats won't matter.

One of them #10 closer to a goal and surrounded by world class players.

The other one is playing with the same position as Kroos or Modric.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#748 » by magik9113 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 2:58 am

if it comes down to us losing Pogba, James and Oscar would be towards the top of my list. I wonder what having a real #10 would make this current team look like.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#749 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Feb 2, 2016 3:19 am

Why don't you just keep Pogba and buy James. Talk about a super young stud core lol.

James would boss on Serie A
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#750 » by DD12 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 4:04 am

magik9113 wrote:if it comes down to us losing Pogba, James and Oscar would be towards the top of my list. I wonder what having a real #10 would make this current team look like.

Classic #10 wouldn't survive in Serie A. Ozil, Oscar, James would be scared as hell to touch the ball.

Look at Hernanes. He did well at Lazio. But sucked at Inter and Juve so far. Players who are kinda afraid of injuries or plays soft football won't do well in Serie A. You need players like Marchisio, Pogba, Dybala, Icardi, Hazard, Cuadrado who will put/sacrifice their head if someone is raising their foot up. Likes of Ozil, James, Iniesta, Xavi type wouldn't work in Serie A.
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#751 » by SlobbaN » Tue Feb 2, 2016 7:10 am

DD12 wrote:
SlobbaN wrote:Good lord Pogba is overhyped... Both James and Pogba have been average this season (got a friend who watches tons of La Liga), stop spewing nonsense.

Lmaooo sure.

There are 5 clubs who will pay 100 million euro for Pogba today. They don't know anything but Slobban and his friend who watxhes tons of La Liga knows better. Ok dude, got you.

Seriously, what's wrong with you? It's so simple, I really don't know how you cannot understand this, you must be 12.
THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THE POTENTIAL. He played great last season and his ceiling is super high, THAT IS WHAT'S WORTH 100 MIL, NOT HIS CURRENT LEVEL OF PLAY.
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#752 » by SlobbaN » Tue Feb 2, 2016 7:13 am

magik9113 wrote:It is a damn shame that Kwadwo Asamoah can never stay healthy. He looked very good again when he was finally able to string together some appearances.
At least Pereyra is back now.

I have high hopes for Pereyra, he can become a top central attacking midfielder.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#753 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Feb 2, 2016 9:38 am

DD12 wrote:
magik9113 wrote:if it comes down to us losing Pogba, James and Oscar would be towards the top of my list. I wonder what having a real #10 would make this current team look like.

Classic #10 wouldn't survive in Serie A. Ozil, Oscar, James would be scared as hell to touch the ball.

Look at Hernanes. He did well at Lazio. But sucked at Inter and Juve so far. Players who are kinda afraid of injuries or plays soft football won't do well in Serie A. You need players like Marchisio, Pogba, Dybala, Icardi, Hazard, Cuadrado who will put/sacrifice their head if someone is raising their foot up. Likes of Ozil, James, Iniesta, Xavi type wouldn't work in Serie A.

Colombians do well in Serie A. Guarin, Ivan Cordoba, Yepes, Muriel, Cuadrado, Asprilla, Armero, Zuniga, Murillo, Bacca, etc have all done well in Serie A at some point. James is a top 3 all timer for Colombian players plus has more heart than most of these guys except Yepes and Cordoba, no reason to think he'd struggle there.
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#754 » by DD12 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 1:18 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:
DD12 wrote:

Colombians do well in Serie A. Guarin, Ivan Cordoba, Yepes, Muriel, Cuadrado, Asprilla, Armero, Zuniga, Murillo, Bacca, etc have all done well in Serie A at some point. James is a top 3 all timer for Colombian players plus has more heart than most of these guys except Yepes and Cordoba, no reason to think he'd struggle there.

Lol. Tell me the truth. You didn't even read my post right? Because if you read it, you wouldn't post this lol
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#755 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Feb 2, 2016 2:55 pm

Yes I read it. You claimed James would be scared to touch the ball which is ridiculous. James played in Argentina as a teenager and won the league and is part of CONMEBOL, I don't know a dirtier federation than CONMEBOL. They hit, spit on players, bite players, grab balls, and even finger players in the ass. Remember that Brazil gane in the WC? He got kicked around and he kept playing.

France is not the best league, but is far more physical than serie a and that's not a shot at Serie A. They play dirty in France and he didn't shy away.

I'm sorry mass, but in this you are absolutely wrong. James may not be the strongest guy, but he's not soft or afraid of contact. By the way, Ozil and Oscar are playing in the PL which is also a physical league. Oscar has actually regressed a bit creatively, but he is far from soft. He's a tough midfielder.

I used the Colombians as an example because Colombians have historically done well there, it's actually the best league for colombians. James is no different, except he has a lot more heart than you give him credit for. Playing Atletico and Sevilla is physically tougher than anyone in Serie A. The EPL is the one league Colombians struggle with because of size and physicality, Serie A is actually pur favorite to develop players.
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#756 » by DD12 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 5:06 pm

All those colombians you used are/were very physical players. Murillo, Ivan, Yepes, Cuadrado etc. None of these players are fragile like James.

This is not a shot to James. I also gave you examples like Hernanes, Oscar and Ozil. Serie A is the most physical league. Soft players can't perform well in that league. That's why you see fewer and fewer pure #10 in the league. Teams don't play with pure #10 players likes of hamsik, insigne, ilicic or their tactics don't need #10 likes of Juventus, Inter Milan.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,453

Post#757 » by Foye » Tue Feb 2, 2016 6:10 pm

Skill always translates. 20 out of 20 teams in Serie A would kill to have Özil or James in their squat.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#758 » by magik9113 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 9:49 pm

Hernanes is a poor example of a number ten because he is a poor player. Very limited, slow, can't pass...
Giovinco in a #10 role was top five player in the league at Parma and he is the smallest dude ever.
I would take James, Gotze, or Oscar on Juve in a heartbeat, but I will continue to hope we keep Pogba as long as he's got a contract with us
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,672

Post#759 » by cgf » Tue Feb 2, 2016 10:50 pm

D'you think that you guys would go after Veratti if you sold Pogba, and if you would that he'd want to come? Cause it seems just a matter of time before one of the FCBs comes after him...unless he returns to Italy and finds a permanent home first. Has he (or the club) shown interest in replacing Pirlo for club, as well as country? Given that PSG are preparing to spend insane sums in the next two summers to win a CL, there could be a lot of players moving out from their roster for the sake of FFP and clearing space for the incoming stars. *shrug* This may be the time to go after him if he's interested in coming back to italy for you.

And if you could get Veratti to replace Pogba, especially if you could fund it (at least mostly) with the money Real throws on top of Hamez, that would be an amazing summer.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#760 » by magik9113 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 11:15 pm

We've shown no interest in Verratti since missing out on him and then getting Pogba. He has said before though that he plans to go back to Italy some day and if PSG are willing to get rid of him in the future then he'd be a great replacement also considering Marchisio just turned 30.
Also Ancelotti will surely try his best to get him at Bayern.

Return to The General Soccer Board