ImageImageImageImage

Draft Rumors !!!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:22 am

Tennesse already has their QB. Their reported priority is drafting to protect Mariotta and also getting an RB and WR. Do they take Tunsil, Elliot or Treadwell here? Cleveland has to take Geoff at #2. San Diego has a lot of holes, however they are starving bad for a CB. So do they take Ramsey or Hargreaves? That means Bosa could fall to us. Do we take him or do we take Jack or Buckner here? Getting interesting.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:10 pm

First - unless that CB is Deion Sanders, I'm not taking one that high. So if the Chargers want to do us a favor and pass on Bosa, please - go ahead. I would LOVE to have to choose between him and Jack.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:55 pm

I am hoping one or two teams trade up ahead of us and cause a QB storm. I want both Goff and Wentz gone before we pick. Mr. B's way of approaching this draft has made me a bit nervous. Plus, Jerry is dumb enough to draft a QB here and that's what really scares me the most. I see Kiper now has us taking Deforest Buckner - Oregon, in his new and latest mock draft.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#4 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:58 pm

I don't see any way the Titans pass on Tunsil. They NEED to upgrade the OL to protect their franchise QB. If I'm the Cowboys I'm also seriously testing the waters to see if they'd be a trading partner for Ronald Leary. Maybe the Cowboys can get a 3rd round pick out of them.

I'm not so certain that the Browns take Goff. I've seen several mocks that have them going with Wentz. Apparently they were really impressed with the way he handled himself at the Senior Bowl. The Combine should only enhance their admiration for him. San Diego needs help all over their defense. Bosa is the #1 player on most teams draft boards. If the #1 player falls to #3 they HAVE to take him. The value is too good. That would leave Goff there at #4. I'd take Goff over Jack any day of the week.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#5 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I am hoping one or two teams trade up ahead of us and cause a QB storm. I want both Goff and Wentz gone before we pick. Mr. B's way of approaching this draft has made me a bit nervous. Plus, Jerry is dumb enough to draft a QB here and that's what really scares me the most. I see Kiper now has us taking Deforest Buckner - Oregon, in his new and latest mock draft.

If both QB's are off the board I would love to draft DeForest Buckner. There are only 3 problems with that. One Mel Kiper's is an idiot. His mocks are always some of the most inaccurate. Second, he's a 3-tech DT and the Cowboys already gave a **** ton of money to Crawford to play the same position. Third, the Cowboys NEED an upgrade at the 1-tech position however they do not put any value on taking a 1-tech in the first round.

If they do bypass the QB's and decide to go with the defense they will likely go with Ramsey (huge mistake) or Jack.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:43 pm

I see 3 teams behind us that will try and move up. Egals, Rams and Houston. I'd personally like to make a deal with Houston.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:07 pm

And I fully agree with you, Ramsey would be a huge mistake to draft #4.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#8 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I see 3 teams behind us that will try and move up. Egals, Rams and Houston. I'd personally like to make a deal with Houston.

If they do trade down I wouldn't want them to trade out of the top 10. If they do though they could easily get the Rams 2nd round pick this year. Considering they'd be trading up for a QB they could even get more. With the 12th pick a guy like A'Shawn Robinson would be good value even if they already have a 3-tech DT. Then in the 2nd draft Hackenberg and then DE Shaq Lawson.

I would HATE to make a trade with the Eagles but again if they did the Cowboys could get Murray back in the deal.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:37 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I see 3 teams behind us that will try and move up. Egals, Rams and Houston. I'd personally like to make a deal with Houston.

If they do trade down I wouldn't want them to trade out of the top 10. If they do though they could easily get the Rams 2nd round pick this year. Considering they'd be trading up for a QB they could even get more. With the 12th pick a guy like A'Shawn Robinson would be good value even if they already have a 3-tech DT. Then in the 2nd draft Hackenberg and then DE Shaq Lawson.

I would HATE to make a trade with the Eagles but again if they did the Cowboys could get Murray back in the deal.

I agree but I really don't think we will make any kind of deal with the Egals. But I do see the Egals doing business with all the 3 teams in front of us. They want a QB bad. I bet the Rams would give up more than just a second to move up to our spot get a QB.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I agree but I really don't think we will make any kind of deal with the Egals. But I do see the Egals doing business with all the 3 teams in front of us. They want a QB bad. I bet the Rams would give up more than just a second to move up to our spot get a QB.

Rumor has it that they really want Nick Foles back too. He had his best year playing with Doug Pederson as his OC and Pederson has a hard on for Foles.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:00 am

And behind closed doors, the Rams think Foles is a bust and can't wait to unload him. I hope Foles goes back to the Egals, for our sake, lol.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#12 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:08 am

I would definitely prefer them to get Foles back than to draft a QB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:21 am

Rams can't wait to show Foles the door. They think he was a bust. Insiders say the Egals are the biggest players to move up for a QB. If Manning doesn't go to the Rams, they will be the next big player to move up as well. And of course, the Texans are a QB away from being a very dangerous team.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:25 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Rams can't wait to show Foles the door. They think he was a bust. Insiders say the Egals are the biggest players to move up for a QB. If Manning doesn't go to the Rams, they will be the next big player to move up as well. And of course, the Texans are a QB away from being a very dangerous team.

If the Rams really that desperate for a QB then I ask for two #1's and Aaron Donald. I would settle for this year's 1st and Aaron Donald though. Then with the 12th pick I would take the best 1-tech. Hackenberg in the 2nd and then. LB in the 3rd (preferably a MLB). The Cowboys unfortunately will never take a 1-tech in the 1st round though. So an option could be Reggie Ragland at #12 and the best 1-tech in the 3rd.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:40 pm

I really can't see the Rams getting rid of Aaron Donald. He looks like a stud and the real deal. Outside of a CB, Rams defense is set for a while for years to come. They got their Stud RB in Gurley, so I see them going all out for a QB and another WR with some more help on their O-line. Rams just might be desperate enough to give us 2 first round picks and something else, but it won't be Donald. (Like to have him on our team though).
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I really can't see the Rams getting rid of Aaron Donald. He looks like a stud and the real deal. Outside of a CB, Rams defense is set for a while for years to come. They got their Stud RB in Gurley, so I see them going all out for a QB and another WR with some more help on their O-line. Rams just might be desperate enough to give us 2 first round picks and something else, but it won't be Donald. (Like to have him on our team though).

I'm just saying that would be my price if they are that hard up for one of the top QB's. Especially if Goff is still on the board.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:47 pm

Were you guys aware Myles Jack had minor knee surgery after missing some of the season last year for UCLA? I have to research this some more. I might have to change my mind with our #1 pick. Stay tuned. We don't need another super talented Sean Lee that can't stay healthy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:24 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Were you guys aware Myles Jack had minor knee surgery after missing some of the season last year for UCLA? I have to research this some more. I might have to change my mind with our #1 pick. Stay tuned. We don't need another super talented Sean Lee that can't stay healthy.

Yea that's why I said I wouldn't take him at #4.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Guys, I'm not sure what to do now. Thank God the draft is a ways down the road. I know Jack is an ultra talented freak of nature and all that, but this partial knee tear has me worried. Maybe the best thing to do here is see what kind of deal we can get and move back a bit and gain some extra draft choices. Billings or another DT-1 is the way to go and get another LB in round 2.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:16 pm

Thank God the draft is down the road a ways. As much as an ultra talent and freak Jack is, this knee injury is now a huge concern for me. Maybe moving back a bit and getting an extra pick or two is the way to go. Take Billings or another DT-1 and get another good LB in round 2.

Return to Dallas Cowboys