ImageImageImageImageImage

Transaction Discussion Part 3 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Transaction Discussion Part 3 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas) 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Trade Idea Thread II has 100 reached pages and has been retired. Please post any new trade proposals in this thread. Any new topics based on trade proposals will be moved to this thread. Thanks!

Some useful links:
RealGM Trade Checker
ESPN Trade Machine
Basketball Insiders Team Salaries
Larry Coon's NBA Salary Cap FAQ
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Re: Trade Discussion Part 3 (News, Rumors & Ideas) 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:28 pm

MK

Can I get my name changed if we end up trading Griffin?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#3 » by sportscrazy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Los Angeles Clippers get:
Kyle O'Quinn
Jose Calderon

New York Knicks get:
Lance Stephenson
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#4 » by Forte IV » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:47 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Los Angeles Clippers get:
Kyle O'Quinn
Jose Calderon

New York Knicks get:
Lance Stephenson

no
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#5 » by TucsonClip » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:15 pm

Clippers get: Chase Budinger, Solomon Hill and Channing Frye
Pacers get: Jamal Crawford
Magic get: Lance Stephenson

I think that one is pretty realistic, although I think we'll miss Jamal's shot creation.

Stagger Blake's minutes and run out a bench unit of Austin/Pablo, Budinger/Wes, Wes/Hill/Pierce, Blake and Frye.

I promise I didnt think this up because im an Arizona fan, it literally happened that way.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#6 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:13 pm

TucsonClip wrote:Clippers get: Chase Budinger, Solomon Hill and Channing Frye
Pacers get: Jamal Crawford
Magic get: Lance Stephenson

I think that one is pretty realistic, although I think we'll miss Jamal's shot creation.

Stagger Blake's minutes and run out a bench unit of Austin/Pablo, Budinger/Wes, Wes/Hill/Pierce, Blake and Frye.

I promise I didnt think this up because im an Arizona fan, it literally happened that way.

BRING YOUNG SOLOMON HOME!

I've wanted this for a while anyway
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Looking at Thad Young? Joe Johnson Still Hasn't Discussed Buyout 

Post#7 » by Ranma » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:07 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/699729922315649024[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/699659251371810816[/tweet]
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,046

Doc's Moment Of Truth: Trading Blake Griffin Or Keeping Him 

Post#8 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:11 pm

Selected excerpts from LA Today:

Bill Reiter wrote:You know how many coaches and general managers I heard say on the record, "We're a family, we're a band of brothers, we're a brotherhood," then the camera goes off, the lights go off, you walk away from the scrum, and that same coach says "You have no IDEA what it's like to manage these guys! They're like children!" Doc Rivers understands whether or not Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan are a band of brothers, or whether they can't stand each other. And he's got to be honest with himself.

DeAndre Jordan, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin - minus the broken hand and Matias Testi getting his head bashed in by Blake - would have to love one another like brothers and be on the same page like brothers in order to have a chance against the Spurs or the Warriors. To have a chance against those two teams, it says something. If these guys are on the same page, love each other. If all the drama with DeAndre and Chris last year, if Blake's situation in Toronto. If all this has really brought these guys together, Doc Rivers needs to stare down the barrel, evaluate his team properly, and needs to say "I'm pulling the trigger on now. We're going to wait for Blake Griffin to come back, we're gonna make a move, and we're gonna get it done."

Doc River's job is to see it from 10,000 ft. Get past the ego and the day-to-day mood swings. If these guys don't get along, if it doesn't work, if it doesn't fit, if the drama and the difficulties arrive and they start to splinter, this is the moment for Doc to pick up the phone and try to make a trade for Blake Griffin.

Blake Griffin isn't playing, and we've talked about this. That's a character issue. That's a red flag. Sometimes, these things turn into greatness, they do. I know it's different, I get that it's not the same thing. Sometimes, angst, anger and even not liking each other lead to really great things. Those of you who are married, you know what I'm talking about. Marriage is great when it's great. The worst fights you have in your marriage lead to either the best of private moments afterwards, or they lead to divorce. This is a true fact. How you manage the angst, the anger and the darkness. The same thing applies to teams. Whether or not Paul, Griffin, Jordan, J.J. Redick and Doc Rivers - how they splinter or come back together from the darkness and the difficulties that is Griffin's hand, and the Indecision a year ago, that is a western conference that puts a lot of temptations on this team to doubt each other and themselves will say a lot about if they're contenders or pretenders. They're talented enough, but you need more.

Doc Rivers has to evaluate right now whether that truce is present, real and lasting. Or if it's not, you gotta move Blake Griffin. This is the moment. This is the time. This is the opportunity, and it is Doc's biggest moment for a head coach. To hold or to fold.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Re: Looking at Thad Young? Joe Johnson Still Hasn't Discussed Buyout 

Post#9 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Ranma, your latest tweets are not showing up.
Ranma
RealGM

Twitter Text 

Post#10 » by Ranma » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:27 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Ranma, your latest tweets are not showing up.

That's odd. I know we had some trouble with embedded YouTube videos last week, which seems to have been resolved. The tweets are showing up on my side. Maybe it's a browser thing, so they may show up in Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or even Safari instead of whichever of those you normally use. I believe Don Tommy had similar issues with not being able to view embedded tweets in the past.

In any case, here are the text from the two tweets I posted:

Frank Isola ✔ @FisolaNYDN
Raptors and Clippers are both interested in Brooklyn's Thaddeus Young.
2:59 PM - 16 Feb 2016

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say Nets vet Joe Johnson, to this point, still has not broached the subject of a buyout should no trades materialize this week.
10:18 AM - 16 Feb 2016
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Re: Twitter Text 

Post#11 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:54 pm

That's odd. I know we had some trouble with embedded YouTube videos last week, which seems to have been resolved. The tweets are showing up on my side. Maybe it's a browser thing, so they may show up in Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or even Safari instead of whichever of those you normally use. I believe Don Tommy had similar issues with not being able to view embedded tweets in the past.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 44.0.2. They're not showing up at all. I went back to past posts containing tweets, same result. I even temporarily disabled AdBlock Plus and NoScript, same result.

I've lost the ability to view tweets on RealGM completely. You'll have to begin posting text versions or a link to the tweets until a fix can be made.

EDIT: I can see them on Opera just fine, but I'd prefer sticking with Firefox because it's my trusted one. I'm afraid that if I use a different browser, bad things will happen. For example, when I used Google Chrome, it conflicted with my audio driver and crashed my computer. Had to uninstall it and reinstall my driver to fix the issue.
BlzMwt
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,002

Post#12 » by BlzMwt » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:38 am

The tweets are showing up fine. I'm on Chrome.

I think Thad Young is most effective at the 4 is he not? Could he play spot minutes at 3? He shot well from 3 last season but I believe he's notorious for long 2's. Decent big off the bench.

I don't know how to make the players/salaries realistically work though, without bringing in a 3rd team.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

"Can't See Tweets" Screenshot 

Post#13 » by Wammy Giveaway » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:43 am

I've posted this to Twitter. I won't be able to see it, but you can:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WammyGiveaway/status/699756006927020032[/tweet]

If anybody has a fix where it does not involve me switching browsers, please let me know.
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#14 » by kylem4711 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:15 am

channing frye!!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#15 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 am

what's going out for Frye?

Always wanted him here.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#16 » by og15 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:27 am

I've mentioned Thaddeus Young before as a SF option for the Clippers, but it seems like he's settled into being more of a PF, but he had previously wanted to be a SF and was fairly effective on the end defensively.
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#17 » by kylem4711 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:28 am

woj said lance, wilcox and future second. clippers holding off for now, but will give an answer tomorrow. Supposedly there are other deals that the Clippers are looking at for Lance first
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#18 » by nickhx2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:30 am

meh. woulda been happy if it were jamal for frye. seems like we'll be stuck with him forever.
Ranma
RealGM

Firefox is the Problem 

Post#19 » by Ranma » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:38 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 44.0.2. They're not showing up at all. I went back to past posts containing tweets, same result. I even temporarily disabled AdBlock Plus and NoScript, same result.

I've lost the ability to view tweets on RealGM completely. You'll have to begin posting text versions or a link to the tweets until a fix can be made.

EDIT: I can see them on Opera just fine, but I'd prefer sticking with Firefox because it's my trusted one. I'm afraid that if I use a different browser, bad things will happen. For example, when I used Google Chrome, it conflicted with my audio driver and crashed my computer. Had to uninstall it and reinstall my driver to fix the issue.

I'm using Chrome and everything is fine. I also have Firefox 44.0.2 up and running and the tweets are not showing up there either; my Firefox browser was updated recently to the same version you're using and, given that you are suddenly experiencing issues, I'm pretty sure that Mozilla's update to their signature browser is causing the problem with tweets not displaying. I also checked with Microsoft's Internet Explorer and the tweets are showing up just fine there as well.

I recommend using Chrome. If not, Internet Explorer also works as well. You also confirmed that it works on Opera.

p.s. That's odd about your issues with your audio driver conflicting with Chrome. Have you tried Googling to see what the issue might be with that particular driver? I came across a reddit feed regarding a possibly related issue. You still have Internet Explorer and Opera as options, if you are inclined? Have you tried Safari for Windows? There's also the Vivaldi browser, but that is a Beta with advanced features.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#20 » by og15 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:46 am

I wonder if Thaddeus Young is the other trade being worked on that is holding up the whole Channing Frye situation. Technically Lance + Wilcox + 2nd also works for Young, but I'm assuming if that is something they are working on, Brooklyn is asking for a 1st and the Clippers don't want to do it.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers