2016 NFL Draft

Moderator: studcrackers

SportsFanatic
Ballboy
And1: 1

2016 NFL Draft 

Post#1 » by SportsFanatic » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:21 am

[h]I'm looking for the draft talk. Where's it at?

First pick, you're on the clock... who you taking?
[/h]
Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Re: 2016 NFL Draft 

Post#2 » by Twolf16 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:18 am

Exactly! Anybody know what's the scoop with Myles Jack? Worthy of a first round pick even with injury?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,011

Post#3 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:05 am

Myles Jack is definitely worth a 1st round pick. Personally I wouldn't take him too 5 though because of the knee.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#4 » by Twolf16 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:13 am

Mr B wrote:Myles Jack is definitely worth a 1st round pick. Personally I wouldn't take him too 5 though because of the knee.

That's what I keep hearing. As a Vikings fan, would love for him to fall. Doesn't seem to be any great wide receivers. I like Shepard, Treadwell, and Thomas. I'd like to learn more about Thomas if anyone knows anything?

Mr B
RealGM

Post#5 » by Mr B » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:29 am

Twolf16 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Myles Jack is definitely worth a 1st round pick. Personally I wouldn't take him too 5 though because of the knee.

That's what I keep hearing. As a Vikings fan, would love for him to fall. Doesn't seem to be any great wide receivers. I like Shepard, Treadwell, and Thomas. I'd like to learn more about Thomas if anyone knows anything?

The Vikings pick 26th right? Both Jack and Treadwell should be gone by then. Even with Jack's knee he's too good of and athlete he'll be gone by then. Outside of Treadwell and Braxton Miller I don't know much about the WR's.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#6 » by Twolf16 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:06 am

Mr B wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:

The Vikings pick 26th right? Both Jack and Treadwell should be gone by then. Even with Jack's knee he's too good of and athlete he'll be gone by then. Outside of Treadwell and Braxton Miller I don't know much about the WR's.

Agreed. Jack should go top 15 no doubt, but Treadwell could fall depending on the 40 time (even though that's a ridiculous reason), but doubtful nonetheless. I keep reading about Doctson as a top WR who is also a "sleeper". But this is a pretty good article that persuaded me not to want him in the first round. http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/2/8/10926464/scouting-report-josh-doctson-has-value-to-the-vikings-but-not-in-the-first-round

Mr B
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mr B » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:29 am

Twolf16 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:That's what I keep hearing. As a Vikings fan, would love for him to fall. Doesn't seem to be any great wide receivers. I like Shepard, Treadwell, and Thomas. I'd like to learn more about Thomas if anyone knows anything?

Agreed. Jack should go top 15 no doubt, but Treadwell could fall depending on the 40 time (even though that's a ridiculous reason), but doubtful nonetheless. I keep reading about Doctson as a top WR who is also a "sleeper". But this is a pretty good article that persuaded me not to want him in the first round. http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/2/8/10926464/scouting-report-josh-doctson-has-value-to-the-vikings-but-not-in-the-first-round

I'm somewhat familiar with Doctson on too. I know the Cowboys are rumored to have an interest in him but the 4th pick in the 2nd round might be too high for the Cowboys to take a WR considering all their other needs.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#8 » by Twolf16 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:00 am

Mr B wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I'm somewhat familiar with Doctson on too. I know the Cowboys are rumored to have an interest in him but the 4th pick in the 2nd round might be too high for the Cowboys to take a WR considering all their other needs.

Definitely, you think they take a RB within the first two rounds?

Mr B
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mr B » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:10 am

Twolf16 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:Agreed. Jack should go top 15 no doubt, but Treadwell could fall depending on the 40 time (even though that's a ridiculous reason), but doubtful nonetheless. I keep reading about Doctson as a top WR who is also a "sleeper". But this is a pretty good article that persuaded me not to want him in the first round. http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/2/8/10926464/scouting-report-josh-doctson-has-value-to-the-vikings-but-not-in-the-first-round

Definitely, you think they take a RB within the first two rounds?

Honestly I really don't. Not unless they trade down. If they trade down it's likely because they want Ezekiel Elliott, which is very possible. If they don't trade down I don't think they draft one until the 3rd round if they draft one at all. That's really going to depend if they make a move for Lamar Miller in FA.
SportsFanatic
Ballboy

Post#10 » by SportsFanatic » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:16 am

Twolf16 wrote:

One of the writers I follow has Thomas ranked higher than Treadwell. He put a comment out on Shepard saying that he's the best value pick in the draft right now and I agree 100%.

Jack is gone in the top 10 for sure.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#11 » by Twolf16 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:09 am

SportsFanatic wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:

One of the writers I follow has Thomas ranked higher than Treadwell. He put a comment out on Shepard saying that he's the best value pick in the draft right now and I agree 100%.

Jack is gone in the top 10 for sure.

That's interesting! I just read an article saying Leontee Caroo (spelling) fared better than Thomas. But I like Shepard the most for sure.

Twolf16
Rookie

Post#12 » by Twolf16 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:08 am

Here it is http://buff.ly/1QjPDnN

SportsFanatic
Ballboy

Post#13 » by SportsFanatic » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Twolf16 wrote:Here it is http://buff.ly/1QjPDnN

That's an interesting read but I'm not sure that I agree with his way of comparison.

Stats should never be the absolute when comparing players, but that's not to say Caroo is not undervalued right now. There is a lot of sneaky WR talent in this draft and Leontee is definitely one of those guys.

The Thomas over Treadwell thing came up in a conversation. He has both Corey Coleman and Thomas over Treadwell.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#14 » by Twolf16 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:50 am

SportsFanatic wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:Here it is http://buff.ly/1QjPDnN

That's an interesting read but I'm not sure that I agree with his way of comparison.

Stats should never be the absolute when comparing players, but that's not to say Caroo is not undervalued right now. There is a lot of sneaky WR talent in this draft and Leontee is definitely one of those guys.

The Thomas over Treadwell thing came up in a conversation. He has both Corey Coleman and Thomas over Treadwell.

Agreed, just comparing the two based of teams they faced doesn't really mean much. So many variables, but Caroo did have a much worse QB and offensive situations.

I could see Thomas ranked higher than Treadwell, but not Coleman. If anyone "busts" he's my bet. Read some on him and wasn't a big fan. Lots of speed, but not sure much else.

SportsFanatic
Ballboy

Post#15 » by SportsFanatic » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Twolf16 wrote:I could see Thomas ranked higher than Treadwell, but not Coleman. If anyone "busts" he's my bet. Read some on him and wasn't a big fan. Lots of speed, but not sure much else.

I thought the same thing, but I was convinced otherwise. The one thing that Coleman has that may separate him from the rest of this class is his ability to gain separation at the line of scrimmage. It's the trait that makes Antonio Browns so lethal and Coleman may have that type of ability at the snap.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#16 » by Twolf16 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:03 pm

SportsFanatic wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:I could see Thomas ranked higher than Treadwell, but not Coleman. If anyone "busts" he's my bet. Read some on him and wasn't a big fan. Lots of speed, but not sure much else.

I thought the same thing, but I was convinced otherwise. The one thing that Coleman has that may separate him from the rest of this class is his ability to gain separation at the line of scrimmage. It's the trait that makes Antonio Browns so lethal and Coleman may have that type of ability at the snap.

I'll have to check him out some more then. In the meantime, for anyone interested, here is a solid breakdown of Doctson. https://youtu.be/WKn-maN3OR0
To sum it up: high flier with good speed and great tracking ability. Route running is subpar, but can find the defenses open spots in zones. Also great in 50/50 situations

Twolf16
Rookie

2016 NFL Draft 

Post#17 » by Twolf16 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Also, here is a good bit on Caroo
http://bit.ly/1L1eVEG

Twolf16
Rookie

Post#18 » by Twolf16 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:20 am

Here a good bleacher report article highlighting all the top WRs. Basically, each lacks a trait that would make them a can't miss talent.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2617416-is-wide-receiver-becoming-the-most-polarizing-position-of-2016-nfl-draft-class

Anyone know about the top safeties? I know a small amount of the one from USC and the CB/S from Florida state

SportsFanatic
Ballboy

Post#19 » by SportsFanatic » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Carroo may make a quick adjustment to the pro level after being involved with a more complex route tree.

Sterling Sheppard is the name to keep track of.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#20 » by Twolf16 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:09 am

Shepard is a favorite of mine. Know anything about Su'a Cravens? Also Derrick Henry is an intriguing guy

Return to NFL Draft