Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Re: OT Thread, Part III 

Post#1021 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:15 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:Hey Minnesota fans,

This weekend, I move to Bismarck, ND for work. Minneapolis is easily the closest NBA city to Bismarck, so I'll probably start following your team a little more closely (though I'm still a Hornets fan first). So, a couple questions if anyone here is in ND:

1) Do they televise Wolves/other teams' NBA games there?
2) Do NBA fans in the area primarily cheer for the Wolves?

I'll eventually head down to Minneapolis for a weekend game (about a 6 hour drive?). I'm excited to see Wiggins and Towns more often- you guys are incredibly lucky to have them.

Don't really know much about the area fandom, but I do know after a quick search that Midcontinent Cable DOES carry Fox Sports North in Bismarck as part of its basic cable package. Would assume other cable providers do so as well.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,533

Post#1022 » by HornetJail » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Saltine wrote:

This weekend, I move to Bismarck, ND for work. Minneapolis is easily the closest NBA city to Bismarck, so I'll probably start following your team a little more closely (though I'm still a Hornets fan first). So, a couple questions if anyone here is in ND:

I'll eventually head down to Minneapolis for a weekend game (about a 6 hour drive?). I'm excited to see Wiggins and Towns more often- you guys are incredibly lucky to have them.

The Wolves are on FSN, Fox sports North. That should be available in ND on Satellite, maybe with Cable...;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_North
http://www.foxsports.com/north

I'd guess it's Wolves, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics in order of popularity...
Klomp wrote:

Don't really know much about the area fandom, but I do know after a quick search that Midcontinent Cable DOES carry Fox Sports North in Bismarck as part of its basic cable package. Would assume other cable providers do so as well.
Thanks guys!
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#1023 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:48 pm

I'm sorry.

j/k - What takes you to Bismarck, if you don't mind me asking?
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#1024 » by HornetJail » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:02 pm

C.lupus wrote:I'm sorry.

lol... The software engineering/consulting company that hired me placed me in Bismarck for my first assignment. I expect to be there about a year or two.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1025 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:

lol... The software engineering/consulting company that hired me placed me in Bismarck for my first assignment. I expect to be there about a year or two.

It's probably not a bad place to live for a while. Winter will be a b**ch though, especially if you are coming from the south. Theodore Roosevelt National Park is close by and is a neat place.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#1026 » by HornetJail » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:16 pm

C.lupus wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:

It's probably not a bad place to live for a while. Winter will be a b**ch though, especially if you are coming from the south. Theodore Roosevelt National Park is close by and is a neat place.

Yeah I'm pretty excited. I've lived in Charlotte essentially my whole life, so this should be completely new.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#1027 » by Saltine » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:05 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
C.lupus wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:lol... The software engineering/consulting company that hired me placed me in Bismarck for my first assignment. I expect to be there about a year or two.

Yeah I'm pretty excited. I've lived in Charlotte essentially my whole life, so this should be completely new.

Buy all your winter gear up here, the wind will go right through any coat you can buy in the south ;-)
ensiferum
Senior
And1: 231

Post#1028 » by ensiferum » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:40 pm

I did not know where to put it. https://twitter.com/ACBCOM/status/704016114255171588 This is a good way to win a match
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1029 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Mar 1, 2016 12:46 am

ensiferum wrote:I did not know where to put it. https://twitter.com/ACBCOM/status/704016114255171588 This is a good way to win a match

i saw that on the gb - I love those reactions. The inner troll in me really gets a kick out of everybody going from jubilant to putting their hands to their head in a span of 5 seconds.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1030 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Mar 1, 2016 12:46 am

Saltine wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
C.lupus wrote:It's probably not a bad place to live for a while. Winter will be a b**ch though, especially if you are coming from the south. Theodore Roosevelt National Park is close by and is a neat place.

Buy all your winter gear up here, the wind will go right through any coat you can buy in the south ;-)

congratulations - applied engineering is a great opportunity
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#1031 » by Basti » Wed Mar 2, 2016 8:03 pm

I would like to thank the people of Minnesota for not voting Donald Trump yesterday. I know why Minnesota is my favorite state in the US :nod:

Also, while I guess it won't really make a difference in the big picture, I like the fact that Sanders was their choice rather than Clinton.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1032 » by C.lupus » Wed Mar 2, 2016 8:54 pm

Basti wrote:I would like to thank the people of Minnesota for not voting Donald Trump yesterday. I know why Minnesota is my favorite state in the US :nod:

Also, while I guess it won't really make a difference in the big picture, I like the fact that Sanders was their choice rather than Clinton.

Some of us learned our lesson with this guy:

Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#1033 » by Saltine » Wed Mar 2, 2016 10:43 pm

Basti wrote:I would like to thank the people of Minnesota for not voting Donald Trump yesterday. I know why Minnesota is my favorite state in the US :nod:

:D
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1034 » by Basti » Thu Mar 3, 2016 11:31 am

C.lupus wrote:

Some of us learned our lesson with this guy:

:lol:

I really don't get it why it seems to be popular to elect artists, actors, celebrities etc. as politicians in America. It just screams populism and anti-professionalism.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1035 » by Basti » Thu Mar 3, 2016 11:33 am

Oh and the other day I found out that my current hometown here in Northern Norway used to have something similar to the Skywalk system that is found in the Minneapolis, albeit on a much smaller scale. And none of them are still in use, though, but looking at pictures from the 90's one could see a few of them. That was nice.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#1036 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 4, 2016 10:29 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LvFwddsrHE[/youtube]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1037 » by C.lupus » Sun Mar 6, 2016 3:59 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmucWOLnAb4[/youtube]
Torben
Junior
And1: 59

Post#1038 » by Torben » Mon Mar 7, 2016 8:12 am

I just don't know where to put it without creating a new Thread.... so what's going on with Kevin Garnett? He didn't play since a while and i didn't hear anything about an injury?! Someone on the GB wrote that there is something going on with Sam Mitchell?
Thank you for your answers :)
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1039 » by C.lupus » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:42 pm

Torben wrote:I just don't know where to put it without creating a new Thread.... so what's going on with Kevin Garnett? He didn't play since a while and i didn't hear anything about an injury?! Someone on the GB wrote that there is something going on with Sam Mitchell?
Thank you for your answers :)

I saw what you saw on the GB and that is just baseless speculation. I haven't seen anything from reliable sources that say it's anything other than leg injury (i.e., old age). This is what happens when people get older. They are more prone to be injured and the healing takes a lot longer. Trust me, I'm old and I know.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1040 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:37 pm

I'd like to see him retire and then sign on as a pseudo coach - just practicing with the guys when he can, travel with the team, and being KG - always in their ear dispensing wacky KG wisdom and motivation.

He wouldn't be the literal coach that he doesn't want to be - he'd basically be doing what he's doing now, but wouldn't be on the cap.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves