ImageImageImageImage

Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:There are a few other unrestricted free agent QB's worth taking a look at besides Foles.

True but Foles might be the cheapest. I don't really have an interest in RGIII or Johnny 8Ball. I'd prefer a guy that could step in and keep the offense rolling if/when Romo goes down. Bradford will likely get an offer from a team to start. Although it is possible that he could be talked into signing a 1 year deal with Dallas. Cousins isn't going anywhere. Hoyer sucks. Austin Davis would be good but not sure if he's a FA. Fitzpatrick will likely get resigned. Geno Smith or EJ Manuel would be interesting. Not sure if I would trust them if Romo went down though. Gabbert?

Then there are guys like Stafford, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, and Brock Osweiler. I don't think any of those guys move to a new team. At least not to be a backup. Peyton Manning? Again, I don't see him being a backup.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#22 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Gosselin floated the idea earlier this season that Stafford might be a consideration when he becomes a FA in 2018. I know a bunch of Lions fans who wouldn't mind seeing him leave right now. That's a dicey proposition to hang your hat one... but one that bears watching.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:34 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:There are a few other unrestricted free agent QB's worth taking a look at besides Foles.

True but Foles might be the cheapest. I don't really have an interest in RGIII or Johnny 8Ball. I'd prefer a guy that could step in and keep the offense rolling if/when Romo goes down. Bradford will likely get an offer from a team to start. Although it is possible that he could be talked into signing a 1 year deal with Dallas. Cousins isn't going anywhere. Hoyer sucks. Austin Davis would be good but not sure if he's a FA. Fitzpatrick will likely get resigned. Geno Smith or EJ Manuel would be interesting. Not sure if I would trust them if Romo went down though. Gabbert?

Then there are guys like Stafford, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, and Brock Osweiler. I don't think any of those guys move to a new team. At least not to be a backup. Peyton Manning? Again, I don't see him being a backup.

Colt McCoy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Colt McCoy.

I wouldn't mind him over Foles. Should be just as cheap as Foles too.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:00 pm

I'll make a friendly wager with you guys if you want. If the Cowboys pick a QB in this year's draft, they won't make the playoffs next season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:54 pm

I'll make another prediction. Doesn't matter who we draft this year. This team is going now where for years to come.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:28 am

We may not have to draft one. Just reported; Jerry and the Cowboys are waiting in the wings for RGIII.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:06 am

Matt Mosley (@mattmosley)
2/26/16, 6:58 PM
I don't think the Cowboys like Goff or Wentz that much more than Lynch. That's why moving down could be in play.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Thank GOD for that. Maybe I'll watch them next year. Absolute worse thing for the Cowboys to do now, draft a QB from this set of losers.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Thank GOD for that. Maybe I'll watch them next year. Absolute worse thing for the Cowboys to do now, draft a QB from this set of losers.

But yet you want RGIII
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:00 am

Not really. But for the right price I would take a chance. I just don't like any of the QB's in this years draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 3, 2016 10:02 pm

JUst announced about an hour ago, Jerry says Cowboys definitly not taking QB with first pick. Not sure if they are playing games with everyone, but Cowboys are telling us now that they are targeting Elliot. Unless you guys think he is the "GUY", I don't think this is a good pick for us at all. Do you guys see the next Dorsett or Smith in him? I don't.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#33 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 4, 2016 3:19 am

Only assuming but I believe Jerry Jones will be after Joey Bosa.
Ezekiel Elliott being the number 2 or 3 guy on his draft board.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 4, 2016 5:39 am

I'm totally against taking a RB in the draft. But if we do, I would rather have Henry. He runs between the tackles and would be a real nice fit with our O-line and running style.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 4, 2016 7:25 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:JUst announced about an hour ago, Jerry says Cowboys definitly not taking QB with first pick. Not sure if they are playing games with everyone, but Cowboys are telling us now that they are targeting Elliot. Unless you guys think he is the "GUY", I don't think this is a good pick for us at all. Do you guys see the next Dorsett or Smith in him? I don't.

Jerry has been saying all kinds of crap lately. I honestly have no idea which way he's going in this draft. I don't think they are looking solely at Elliott, but he is an option. Either at 4 or in a trade down scenario.

Personally I think Elliott would make one of the biggest immediate impacts on this team. Behind this OL Elliott would likely be a Pro Bowl RB. He's a 3 down back. He can catch, he's an excellent blocker (which would be huge benefit to Romo's brittle body), and he's fast. He also isn't injury prone. Elliott would not be a bad pick by any means.

Henry is really good too but Elliott is better in every aspect.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 4, 2016 7:40 am

If they decide to go defense though I don't want Bosa or Ramsey. I would rather they go DT. They should try to trade down a couple spots and draft DeForest Buckner. Then at 34 draft Andrew Billings. Adding those two stud DT's in the middle of that line would immediately make the entire defense better. Then get their RB in the 3rd (Alex Collins).

They would need to then go out and free agency and sign the absolute best backup QB they can find.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 4, 2016 6:12 pm

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
3/4/16, 12:02 PM
Speaking of (former) #Eagles QBs: Keep an eye on #Dolphins, #Cowboys, #Redskins, who'll be among teams interested if #Rams deal Nick Foles.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 4, 2016 7:58 pm

Mr B wrote:If they decide to go defense though I don't want Bosa or Ramsey. I would rather they go DT. They should try to trade down a couple spots and draft DeForest Buckner. Then at 34 draft Andrew Billings. Adding those two stud DT's in the middle of that line would immediately make the entire defense better. Then get their RB in the 3rd (Alex Collins).

They would need to then go out and free agency and sign the absolute best backup QB they can find.

That's been pretty much my thinking right from the get go, as you well know from all my ranting, lol. I find it hard to believe Billings will fall that far. I still think he is the steal of the draft. But I would love that if it did happen. I might even try and do cart wheels in my older age. If he isn't there, a LB would also do fine with me. Don't know much about Alex Collins.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 4, 2016 8:00 pm

Mr B wrote:Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
Speaking of (former) #Eagles QBs: Keep an eye on #Dolphins, #Cowboys, #Redskins, who'll be among teams interested if #Rams deal Nick Foles.

Nick Foles, please. We can do better than that scrub.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 4, 2016 8:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

Nick Foles, please. We can do better than that scrub.

Pickings are slim for a veteran backup QB. It would really come down to Foles, or Colt McCoy. Of the two Foles has already had success as a starter. The two best guys on the market (Brock Osweiler and Ryan Fitzpatrick) should get offers to be a starter somewhere.

Return to Dallas Cowboys