Fit for Love?

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

TopDawg
Ballboy
And1: 18

Re: Fit for Love? 

Post#81 » by TopDawg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:39 pm

I get sick of hearing this. The problem is Kevin Love not the system.

1. He cannot hit open jumpers for whatever reason. His FG% is the second lowest of his career. His shot looks terrible.
2. They are giving him more looks in the post but he gets pushed around way to easily. The more physical power forwards just push him away from the basket. IMHO is has dropped to much weight since his time in Minnesota. In Minny he had that bulk to bang down low.
3. He will have a game where he makes 4/5 from the elbow then the next game he goes 0/5. Its incredible frustrating watching this guy shoot. He is wildly inconsistent.

tigerclan wrote:1. Yes, he is a star for me. In cleveland they never knew how to use him.
2. Hopefully for him, he will go to boston.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 59,803

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fit for Love? 

Post#82 » by Froob » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:39 pm

King Ken wrote:
robbie84 wrote:
King Ken wrote:They are annoying. Atlanta wants Horford back at all cost. Cleveland wants a star for Love. They would take someone like Favors but not whatever role players Boston has to offer. They aren't looking for picks. Sacramento will want legit potential studs for Cousins and Orlando has a lot more to offer than Boston on that front. It's seems like they want a great player but I see no path for them to get one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The have room for 3 max free agents. They have one of the best teams in the East, built around a team first chemistry and defensive toughness with ball movement. They have one of the best basketball minds in the world as the coach. They have unprotected Brooklyn picks for the next 3 drafts, with an additional treasure chest of picks and value contracts. They have the ability to pull off multiple 3 team trades for a star and the money to sign multiple stars.

Everyone has room for two to three max guys. Teams who are better have room to add Durant. Even then OKC can offer more and they have more talent. Horford loves Atlanta and doesn't have any real interest in leaving. He wants that 5th year and like Gasol, wants to retire in his team. Cousins might get traded but your picks aren't impressive. Your players are all role players. Your basically George Karl's Denver Nuggets team. Just more defensive based. You probably will lose in the 1st round. Toronto has a higher claim to potential interest in free agency and even that's slim.

Sorry but I don't see it. For Milwaukee, I see it. For Philly, there is gloom on the rise potentially. Orlando has the talent plus picks to interest for a superstar. Boston doesn't. Maybe if you get a top 2 pick, I can see it but not outside of that.

Orlando lol. The team that GB loves but, never actually performs. Celtics out perform them every year even though everyone says the Celtics suck.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,410

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fit for Love? 

Post#83 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Froob wrote:
King Ken wrote:
robbie84 wrote:

The have room for 3 max free agents. They have one of the best teams in the East, built around a team first chemistry and defensive toughness with ball movement. They have one of the best basketball minds in the world as the coach. They have unprotected Brooklyn picks for the next 3 drafts, with an additional treasure chest of picks and value contracts. They have the ability to pull off multiple 3 team trades for a star and the money to sign multiple stars.

Everyone has room for two to three max guys. Teams who are better have room to add Durant. Even then OKC can offer more and they have more talent. Horford loves Atlanta and doesn't have any real interest in leaving. He wants that 5th year and like Gasol, wants to retire in his team. Cousins might get traded but your picks aren't impressive. Your players are all role players. Your basically George Karl's Denver Nuggets team. Just more defensive based. You probably will lose in the 1st round. Toronto has a higher claim to potential interest in free agency and even that's slim.

Sorry but I don't see it. For Milwaukee, I see it. For Philly, there is gloom on the rise potentially. Orlando has the talent plus picks to interest for a superstar. Boston doesn't. Maybe if you get a top 2 pick, I can see it but not outside of that.

Orlando lol. The team that GB loves but, never actually performs. Celtics out perform them every year even though everyone says the Celtics suck.

No one is saying Orlando is better than Boston. I am saying, their players have far better trade value compared to Boston. Boston is a good team that is very well coached but if it comes down to a trade, Orlando has the upper hand advantage.

bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,742

Post#84 » by bmurph128 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Kurosawa0 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:Love is a good fit in Cleveland. He's obviously going to take a backseat to LeBron...and we haven't even seen them together for two postseasons yet. Let's see how it looks in the playoffs.

The problem is that their going to lose in the playoffs. This isn't a team that's headed towards a title. They're going to lose either in the Finals or maybe, maybe in the ECF. When that happens, what do you change? LeBron's going to be a free agent, so you can't move him. You're not moving Kyrie, who's still what? 24? Love is the obvious guy to move.

1. We don't know what's going to happen in the playoffs. They could lose, but they have a good chance to win it all.

2. Even if they do lose, the Cavs are poised to get better, not worse. Irving, Love, TT, Delly, Shumpert are all young. And in the two seasons so far, there have been significant injuries which caused a lot of missed games for Irving/Love. To suggest that the Cavs are a finished product is ludicrous. LeBron will probably continue a slow decline, but the rest of those guys improving would more than offset that. Meanwhile the Warriors will be in the same boat as the Cavs financially very soon. Odds are they won't have Barnes next year. That would be a huge loss.

We haven't seen the best of this team yet.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,742

Post#85 » by bmurph128 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:13 pm

vxmike wrote:
Kurosawa0 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:Love is a good fit in Cleveland. He's obviously going to take a backseat to LeBron...and we haven't even seen them together for two postseasons yet. Let's see how it looks in the playoffs.

The problem is that their going to lose in the playoffs. This isn't a team that's headed towards a title. They're going to lose either in the Finals or maybe, maybe in the ECF. When that happens, what do you change? LeBron's going to be a free agent, so you can't move him. You're not moving Kyrie, who's still what? 24? Love is the obvious guy to move.

Kyrie is injury prone. I'd trade him while he's still considered a superstar. Lebron doesn't need a ball dominant PG anyways. He'd be better off with a defense 1st PG who is competent at the three, since Lebron is the de-facto PG on any team he plays on.

Kyrie also has room to grow...he will get better. Last year in the finals we saw what happened when the Cavs didn't have anyone else that could create their own shot. It was ugly.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#86 » by Throwback24 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Boston or Toronto. Toronto is a good fit for most allstars.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
yungsin1
Junior
And1: 570

Post#87 » by yungsin1 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:45 pm

laploutocratie wrote:Yes he's a star. Put even Kevin Durant in Love's role with the Cavs and he would look greatly diminished as well.

No way you can be serious
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 11,010

Post#88 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Kurosawa0 wrote:
Teen Girl Squad wrote:
Kurosawa0 wrote:Three spots for me make sense:

1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Denver

All of those teams would be a good fit with Love and could probably do a great job of hiding his weaknesses. They also have the pieces to get a hypothetical deal done.

I do fully expect when the Cavs get knocked out of the playoffs for Love to end up in Boston. Maybe as soon as the draft.

Basically this, especially Boston as they have the pieces but don't have to give up all the players that would make Love a good fit in the first place. Plus a coach that is smart enough to use him correctly. I'd throw in Charlotte as its basically an upgrade from Jefferson but I don't think they have the assets to pull it off.

I think the deal that makes sense is Crowder (maybe Avery Bradley) to Cleveland, Love to Boston and the Brooklyn pick to a third team with something else going back to Cleveland from that third team. Maybe Denver sending Gallinari to Cleveland, getting the Brooklyn pick and getting the Amir Johnson contract back.

Uh, no. :noway:
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,097

Post#89 » by vxmike » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
2. Even if they do lose, the Cavs are poised to get better, not worse. Irving, Love, TT, Delly, Shumpert are all young. And in the two seasons so far, there have been significant injuries which caused a lot of missed games for Irving/Love. To suggest that the Cavs are a finished product is ludicrous. LeBron will probably continue a slow decline, but the rest of those guys improving would more than offset that. Meanwhile the Warriors will be in the same boat as the Cavs financially very soon. Odds are they won't have Barnes next year. That would be a huge loss.

Don't forget the Cavs have to resign Delly and Mozgov this offseason. Both of these guys likely to get offers of $10M+. After the Cavs have to resign Lebron to the Super Max deal how deep in the repeater tax are they going to go to resign these guys?
NOOB77
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Post#90 » by NOOB77 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:23 pm

I still think Melo to the Cavs, Love to Boston and Bostons stuff going to the Knicks would be best for all teams involved. LBJ has to talk his buddy Melo into waiving his NTC.
TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,362

Post#91 » by TheGameWinner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:25 pm

The problem is that LeBron's best position is PF.

He starts at SF but fills the space of a PF in where he sets up, he and love have redundant sweet spots.. and in all honesty, LeBron likes that Nash type of game... As if he will run around, see a seam, and expect you to finish, where, Love, i believe can only thrive when he is the featured star as he doesn't provide enough on the defensive end to be a 2nd or 3rd option.
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#92 » by gino_giode » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:37 pm

He's a volume scorer who's being asked to be efficient with less shots. The guy gets a LOT of wide open 3s but has been bricking them. Put a very physical defender on him and he'll eat up the shot clock trying to get into position. His post game is more finesse (Bosh had a great power game using his speed advantage), so Love doesn't draw enough fouls to open up the paint for himself and others.

Scoring wise, if he gets his confidence up that will solve a lot of his problems. I'd like to see him used more as a point PF/C (like Gasol and Bogut) because I feel his passing is very underrated. Set him up at the top of the key and he either breaks his man down going to the basket or make the pass to a cutter/open shooter.
TheGameWinner
Veteran

Post#93 » by TheGameWinner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:46 pm

NYKfan77 wrote:I still think Melo to the Cavs, Love to Boston and Bostons stuff going to the Knicks would be best for all teams involved. LBJ has to talk his buddy Melo into waiving his NTC.

It's LaLa he needs to convince. On a side note, Melo forced his way out because management told him that they were going to rebuild. Melo doesn't like rebuilding, he will probably waive his NTC.
TheGameWinner
Veteran

Post#94 » by TheGameWinner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:47 pm

vxmike wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

Don't forget the Cavs have to resign Delly and Mozgov this offseason. Both of these guys likely to get offers of $10M+. After the Cavs have to resign Lebron to the Super Max deal how deep in the repeater tax are they going to go to resign these guys?

Unlikely they will get 10+ mill lol... super flawed players, but regardless they have bird rights. Gilbert will keep them both is LeBron wants them back.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,097

Post#95 » by vxmike » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:34 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:
vxmike wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

Unlikely they will get 10+ mill lol... super flawed players, but regardless they have bird rights. Gilbert will keep them both is LeBron wants them back.

I think many people underestimate the crazy money that'll get thrown around this summer. Most cap room in NBA history yet a horrible crop of FAs. I think plenty of teams will be signing guys to overpriced (perhaps shorter term) deals just to meet the cap floor with semi-decent players.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,786

Post#96 » by Yoshun » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:43 pm

yungsin1 wrote:
laploutocratie wrote:Yes he's a star. Put even Kevin Durant in Love's role with the Cavs and he would look greatly diminished as well.

Why? It's true. Love is basically a spot up shooter for the Cavs. Take the ball out of Durants hands and make him a spot up shooter, you get a greatly diminished player. Better than Love obviously, but greatly diminished.
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#97 » by FrontPageNews » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Yoshun wrote:
yungsin1 wrote:

Why? It's true. Love is basically a spot up shooter for the Cavs. Take the ball out of Durants hands and make him a spot up shooter, you get a greatly diminished player. Better than Love obviously, but greatly diminished.

Love is a spot up shooter because he can't get his own shot and gets bullied any time he tries to post up other bigs.
TheGameWinner
Veteran

Post#98 » by TheGameWinner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:54 pm

vxmike wrote:
TheGameWinner wrote:
vxmike wrote:

I think many people underestimate the crazy money that'll get thrown around this summer. Most cap room in NBA history yet a horrible crop of FAs. I think plenty of teams will be signing guys to overpriced (perhaps shorter term) deals just to meet the cap floor with semi-decent players.

I don't underestimate, but there are a lot of BETTER mediocre players that will get money thrown at them. Unfortunately for the Raptors, I see Biyombo getting 10 mill
Gil
Starter
And1: 1,283

Post#99 » by Gil » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Yoshun wrote:
yungsin1 wrote:

Do people actually believe the nonsense they spew? Durant excels with the most ball dominant guard in the League on his team but would struggle alongside LeBron? Jesus Christ.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,216

Post#100 » by anatomicbomb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:13 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:A sign and trade with Houston for Dwight Howard. I think Love can excel as the second option to Harden. Howard's skill set provide a glaring need for the Cavs.

This is a move that might satisfy all sides. Love reminds me a bit of David Lee, except he needs the ball in his hands more to put up points.

On the other hand, I don't know why the Cavaliers don't start Frye at Centre and Love at Power Forward. With a C that doesn't need to be inside the arc to be useful on offense, it would free up a lot of space for Love to operate in the pick-and-roll and the post as a playmaker, and it wouldn't require him to defend the C position. Additionally, the second unit could bully other teams' benches with Mozgov and Thompson.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.

Return to The General Board