ImageImageImage

SuperCool Beas

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: SuperCool Beas Doing Well For Himself! 

Post#81 » by HIF » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:38 pm

Riley, Why didn't you bring him home?
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#82 » by QUIZ » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:10 pm

HIF wrote:Riley, Why didn't you bring him home?

Couldn't without going into the tax. No one wanted Green and Philly didn't claim Beno off of waivers so we only had room for one guy and we chose Joe Johnson.

I doubt it would've mattered though. McBob can't even get minutes, I doubt Beas would've played much if at all.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
HIF
RealGM

Post#83 » by HIF » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:33 pm

QUIZ wrote:
HIF wrote:Riley, Why didn't you bring him home?

Couldn't without going into the tax. No one wanted Green and Philly didn't claim Beno off of waivers so we only had room for one guy and we chose Joe Johnson.

I doubt it would've mattered though. McBob can't even get minutes, I doubt Beas would've played much if at all.

McBob can't get minutes because he's lacking confidence and frightened to shoot. Beas doesn't have that problem. He's good for positionless ball.

ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#84 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:29 am

good game again by beas. Very happy for him
Donald Trump is an idiot.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#85 » by vagelis » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:46 am

Spoelstra didn't like Beasley and he was underused.
Beasley is an offensive weapon and can score buckets at will. He can easily score 20 ppg and even more.
It is very good for Beasley that he plays in another team with another coach because Spoelstra was close to destroy the career of a great power forward.
If he would have come to Miami one more time he would have a playing time of 5 minutes and people would continue to think what a bust Beasley is.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#86 » by QUIZ » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:37 am

vagelis wrote:Spoelstra didn't like Beasley and he was underused.
Beasley is an offensive weapon and can score buckets at will. He can easily score 20 ppg and even more.
It is very good for Beasley that he plays in another team with another coach because Spoelstra was close to destroy the career of a great power forward.
If he would have come to Miami one more time he would have a playing time of 5 minutes and people would continue to think what a bust Beasley is.

No it isn't our fault that he didn't work out. He was bad everywhere he went. A looter in a riot during his time on the T-Wolves and a complete bust of a signing in Phoenix.

I hope he does succeed though, I really do. Beasley isn't a bad guy at all.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
HIF
RealGM

Post#87 » by HIF » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:03 am

I'm a big Beas fan but this is total bollox. Spo liked Beas and tried hard to make it work with him but he's a Tweener. However the league has moved to smaller 4's now and that has helped Beas along with the defensive ideas that the Heat had to drill into his crazy head.

Beas was just the wrong type of player at the wrong time everywhere in the league.

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#88 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:53 pm

I attribute his play so far to these...

1. Rockets D suck in general, so Beas's D has been somewhat hidden/blended in well there so far. To his credit, he seems improved on that aspect as well from the games I've watched to the point that multiple Rockets fans are calling him the two-way player they've been dreaming of as their PF, surprising remarks I know

2. The smallball trend. HIF nailed it. The criticism before was he was too slow to play SF and too small to play PF. With the NBA today, Beas actually fits the game more now. In fact, they even play him at the 5 at times like we did last season

3. Designated role. Houston got him for one thing: to get buckets. Nothing else. He wasn't signed to play D. There's no intense Miami Heat defensive rotations that Beas needs to worry about. Anything else Rockets get besides from offense is a bonus. That's why they don't care if Beas attempts 20, 30, 50 shots as long as he could score points since they're not defensive-oriented as us. The Rockets bench has been underwhelming all season long from what I hear. All they want is someone else that could score besides Harden, and they got it clearly with supercool

4. Familiarity. Bickerstaff their coach right now was Beas's assistant in his 19PPG Minny season. Dude knows Beas clearly even joking saying FGA is what Beas can bring to the table. Beas has yet to play starter minutes, but he was in the closing line-up yesterday and won't be surprised if they work him closely to such minutes increase

All in all, love or hate Beas, I think he realized he needs to stop **** off and just play damn basketball. Stop being the goofball that he was/is and be a changed man. I certainly hope that's the case cause I would love to see him succeed. Better late than never, supercool
:hug:
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,122

Post#89 » by twix2500 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:54 pm

The past few years the Heat wanted to keep Beasley from what i was told. But the issue has always been what to do with McRoberts and getting under the cap. it has been understandable the treatment of Beasley because of his off the court issues. But last year, i felt he showed the maturity and coming into a difficult situation trying to replace Chris Bosh in a half of a season. And even thou his shot was off last yr, he showed the professionalism that has been lacking for yrs. I felt the Heat should have rewarded him. He has already had a better season than McRoberts has had the past two years with the Heat. Hopefully he can keep his touch, which should lead to a big pay day this summer.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,998

Post#90 » by Flash4thewin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:22 pm

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN wrote:I attribute his play so far to these...

1. Rockets D suck in general, so Beas's D has been somewhat hidden/blended in well there so far. To his credit, he seems improved on that aspect as well from the games I've watched to the point that multiple Rockets fans are calling him the two-way player they've been dreaming of as their PF, surprising remarks I know

2. The smallball trend. HIF nailed it. The criticism before was he was too slow to play SF and too small to play PF. With the NBA today, Beas actually fits the game more now. In fact, they even play him at the 5 at times like we did last season

3. Designated role. Houston got him for one thing: to get buckets. Nothing else. He wasn't signed to play D. There's no intense Miami Heat defensive rotations that Beas needs to worry about. Anything else Rockets get besides from offense is a bonus. That's why they don't care if Beas attempts 20, 30, 50 shots as long as he could score points since they're not defensive-oriented as us. The Rockets bench has been underwhelming all season long from what I hear. All they want is someone else that could score besides Harden, and they got it clearly with supercool

4. Familiarity. Bickerstaff their coach right now was Beas's assistant in his 19PPG Minny season. Dude knows Beas clearly even joking saying FGA is what Beas can bring to the table. Beas has yet to play starter minutes, but he was in the closing line-up yesterday and won't be surprised if they work him closely to such minutes increase

All in all, love or hate Beas, I think he realized he needs to stop **** off and just play damn basketball. Stop being the goofball that he was/is and be a changed man. I certainly hope that's the case cause I would love to see him succeed. Better late than never, supercool

Great Scotts so basically Beasley was to foward into the future for his time here. Now with small ball hes a great fit. Ironically didnt we have the same issue with Antoine Walker shooting 3s? lol

All joking aside Beasley has become the second leading scorer on a team with playoff aspirations. His last five game he is avg 15.4/6.6 while shooting 54%.

Just out of curiosity i checked Wades numbers for his last 5 games and Wade is shooting 33% ouch. I didnt realize Wade was that bad in this stretch of games
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#91 » by dancing2thabeet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:53 pm

Michael Beasley in his first 7 Games as a Rocket: 12 PPG on 53/40/85 in 16 Minutes, 26.4 PER
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#92 » by ndnow » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:59 pm

This statement is incredibly false. Spo has kept in touch with Beasley since he left the team, he's part of the family still.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#93 » by Heat3 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:04 am

30pts tonight :D go beas go!
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,122

Re: RE: Re: SuperCool Beas Doing Well For Himself! 

Post#94 » by twix2500 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:09 am

Heat3 wrote:30pts tonight :D go beas go!

@ 67%

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#95 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:48 am

Very happy for him. **** Josh Mcroberts and Gerald Green
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Burnie Riley
Sixth Man
And1: 3,588

Post#96 » by Burnie Riley » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Thank you Beasus for trying to beat Atlanta. I am glad you are finally looking like Carmelo.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVSszYj5uno[/youtube]
Here are the highlights from the other night where he had 17 and 6
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4abQIUYEqA[/youtube]

I'm convinced it's all about fit and opportunity. Look at Shelvin Mack in Utah... The beezer wouldn't be able to do this here, but I do think he would put up respectable numbers in a three man big rotation with Whiteside and Bosh. What sucks more is that Funzo let Houston screw him with an option for next year, Instead of getting the payday he deserves, he'll play for the minimum next year.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,998

Post#97 » by Flash4thewin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:46 pm

Burnie Riley wrote:Thank you Beasus for trying to beat Atlanta. I am glad you are finally looking like Carmelo.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVSszYj5uno[/youtube]
Here are the highlights from the other night where he had 17 and 6
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4abQIUYEqA[/youtube]

I'm convinced it's all about fit and opportunity. Look at Shelvin Mack in Utah... The beezer wouldn't be able to do this here, but I do think he would put up respectable numbers in a three man big rotation with Whiteside and Bosh. What sucks more is that Funzo let Houston screw him with an option for next year, Instead of getting the payday he deserves, he'll play for the minimum next year.

If im not mistaken didn't Beasley also signed here with a two year deal team option.
Our MGT felt McRoberts was a better fit and offered more to this team.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#98 » by gom » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 pm

I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,496

Post#99 » by Enso » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Damn son Beaz looking good. Hope he gets his big pay day at some point
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#100 » by heat4life » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Enso wrote:Damn son Beaz looking good. Hope he gets his big pay day at some point

He actually signed a 2yr for the minimum with a team option so even if he keeps this up, Rockets will bring him back for the minimum next season (with all that cap money available) and likely will have to prove himself next season as well before a 2017 payoff.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Return to Miami Heat