Post#1 » by MCDubbin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Where will he go? His comparison?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Melo Trimble 

Post#2 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:31 pm

I think his game is a lot like D'Angelo Russell's. He's a couple inches shorter but he's built well and takes on contact very well. Has a great attitude, loves crunch time, and is generally found with a smile on his face. His game and size are a bit tweenerish, but that's ok as NBA teams are going more with 3 guard lineups. He's not a speedster, and he'll likely be below average on defense, but again - in today's NBA - he's going to be a nice asset - on and off the court.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,078

Post#3 » by hcsilla » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:46 pm

Reminds me of Chauncey Billups.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#4 » by GimmeDat » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:58 am

When I watched some highlights of him, he reminded me of a taller DJ Augustin (which is a good thing).
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#5 » by Nolan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:02 pm

I like his game, he does a bit of everything and doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses. He'll be an NBA player, maybe not a starter but a solid role player at the very least.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#6 » by doordoor123 » Fri Jan 1, 2016 1:42 am

Bulls could use him.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#7 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jan 1, 2016 6:48 pm

He's going to be a guy that whatever team he goes to, that fan base is going to love. I don't think he's a starter just a really solid backup (like a Shaun Livingston).
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Post#8 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Anyone want to do a season recap on this guy? I haven't watched a lot of college ball lately.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#9 » by Coeur » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:58 am

I think he compares favorably to marquise Teague
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#10 » by No-Man » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:19 am

Coeur wrote:I think he compares favorably to marquise Teague

:lol: they have nothing in common, Teague was a super quick PG with good on the ball defense, shaky jumpshot and suspect decision making, Trimble is a much more poised player that can shoot it.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Post#11 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:45 am

So what's a good player comparison for him? What's the projection for him? Eventual starting point guard? Good combo bench guard? Out of the league by the time his rookie contract is up?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#12 » by No-Man » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:45 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:So what's a good player comparison for him? What's the projection for him? Eventual starting point guard? Good combo bench guard? Out of the league by the time his rookie contract is up?

I think he can evolve into a starter because he can play off the ball and he is a reliable shooter, he needs to improve defensively though, he is not a superb athlete but he is smart and not tiny, I think he needs to be more engaged there.
He is probably more suited for a back-up role as of now, he is similar somewhat to DJ Augustin, although he is bigger.
Jwduff
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#13 » by Jwduff » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:26 pm

If we were to declare now, which he probably will because hes a 21 year old sophomore, he would not be ready to start for a team. But I could see him being a decent role player right off the bat. He can get to the rim and has great vision, but his jump shot has been the second half of this season. He has become better at defense this season and still struggles with turnovers. I will say during his time at Maryland, he has been the only one able to handle the ball so being able to play with other ball handlers could help his game alot. If he were to stay, Maryland has another PG coming in Anthony Cowan and the idea would be for Trimble to play off the ball more.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#14 » by Dark Faze » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:28 pm

The fact that he's not a first round pick is crazy to me. Find another PG with his size and handle combined with a college career FT percentage of 86% on 6 attempts a game and its going to be a short list. His shooting percentages from the floor really suffered this year due to injury. I can't see him getting past the Spurs in the 1st round--Pop would do tremendous work with him.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 9,523

Post#15 » by Chuck Everett » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Guy knows how to draw fouls. That is a legit skill in this league currently.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by doordoor123 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:11 pm

Dark Faze wrote:The fact that he's not a first round pick is crazy to me. Find another PG with his size and handle combined with a college career FT percentage of 86% on 6 attempts a game and its going to be a short list. His shooting percentages from the floor really suffered this year due to injury. I can't see him getting past the Spurs in the 1st round--Pop would do tremendous work with him.

The question is if he's quick enough in the NBA to get to the basket and draw fouls. Larger distance between basket and three point line and the defenders are a lot better/longer/more athletic. I see something like a taller Trey Burke.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#17 » by GimmeDat » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:12 am

I can't see him being a starter given the depth in the league at the position, but I think he will be an exceptional backup. Intelligent and fundamentally talented, someone you'd love to be running your 2nd unit.

Dark Faze wrote:The fact that he's not a first round pick is crazy to me. Find another PG with his size and handle combined with a college career FT percentage of 86% on 6 attempts a game and its going to be a short list. His shooting percentages from the floor really suffered this year due to injury. I can't see him getting past the Spurs in the 1st round--Pop would do tremendous work with him.

I think mocks have been a bit over the place lately, I don't see him falling into the 2nd round. If he did, that's a steal.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by doordoor123 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:11 am

GimmeDat wrote:I can't see him being a starter given the depth in the league at the position, but I think he will be an exceptional backup. Intelligent and fundamentally talented, someone you'd love to be running your 2nd unit.

I think mocks have been a bit over the place lately, I don't see him falling into the 2nd round. If he did, that's a steal.

I think he will and I think it will be a steal. This draft may not be strong, but it's deep and I think there's a good chance he slides out of the first round. Young players and athletes will go through the 20s and top tier older players will go in late 20s. I don't think he'll be in that group.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#19 » by BigSlam » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:41 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:So what's a good player comparison for him? What's the projection for him? Eventual starting point guard? Good combo bench guard? Out of the league by the time his rookie contract is up?

Ramon Sessions

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
B B M F 'ers
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Post#20 » by moss_is_1 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:03 pm

BigSlam wrote:

Ramon Sessions

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Seems better then Ramon. Better shooter to me at least, even if the percentages took a dip this year from injury.

Hard for me to compare him. He looks like someone who can be a sleeper. He needs to be more consistent with his shot, but almost 90% from the line is encouraging. Draws a lot of fouls, which always seems to translate to the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft