League Advertisements

Moderator: TyCobb

mikeunx04
Ballboy
And1: 0

New 10 Team Keeper League Needs 2 Owners, Fun Draft Concept 

Post#101 » by mikeunx04 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 4:59 am

Draft Order Will Be Set By The 2 Players You Choose Using Their ADP. We Will Have A Snake Style Pick Order To Pick Our 2 Players.

Please Leave E-mail If Interested
Viva La Grinch
Sophomore
And1: 1

Fantasy Keeper League-3 Openings 

Post#102 » by Viva La Grinch » Tue Mar 8, 2016 1:39 am

Currently we have three openings in our fantasy baseball keeper league. Our league has been going for about five years, with a league constitution that is very in depth. Many of our members come right from RealGM. It is a twelve team league, with a $50 entry fee, and payouts to the top three teams after the playoffs. The scoring system uses ten categories split between hitting and pitching.

The league format is that you get to keep up to $125 worth of player salaries per year. The remaining roster is filled with an online auction that we are tentatively having around Easter weekend. You will have first choice of any teams remaining. Plenty of talent is on all of these teams, and I can send out team information to anyone interested. We are hoping to get the spots filled this week, so please pm me if you are interested.
Jaysin2016
Ballboy

***3 PLAYERS NEEDED MLB.COM FANTASY PRIVATE LEAGUE**** 

Post#103 » by Jaysin2016 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:20 pm

Hey Guys,

I run a long standing MLB fantasy league on MLB.Com (over 10 years). A few of the guys had to skip out this year and I need 3 more spots to fill. Live player draft is this Sunday March 20th at 8pm PDT (11pm EDT).

The league is free to play, and is super fun and makes baseball even more interesting!

If you're interested in joining, please hit me up with your email address or email me at montrealbluedog@yahoo.ca

LETS PLAY BALL!! :D

Cheers!

Darius
warriors314
Ballboy

Need 1 Replacement Manager - 10 Team Keeper 

Post#104 » by warriors314 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:46 pm

6th year Free 10 Team Keeper League.

League Settings:
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

Runs ®, Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
Pitching Appearances (APP), Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Allowed to keep up to 4 Batters and/or up to 3 Pitchers into the upcoming draft. Draft is tentatively scheduled for March 27 in the afternoon. Email phillyfan088ATyahoo.com if interested.

Looking for 1 replacement manager to take over this team:

Batters:
Michael Brantley
Ryan Braun
Jay Bruce
Yunel Escobar
Prince Fielder
Logan Forsythe
Evan Gattis
Carlos González
Alex Gordon
Billy Hamilton
Mike Moustakas
David Wright

Pitchers:
John Axford
A.J. Burnett
Andrew Cashner
Rubby De La Rosa
Mike Leake
David Price
Garrett Richards
James Shields
Shawn Tolleson
Yordano Ventura
Michael Wacha
Jordan Zimmermann
RustyKuntz
Banned User

Need a few owners for a espn dynasty league 

Post#105 » by RustyKuntz » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:13 pm

Free league. League is going on its 9th year. Very competitive. 25 keepers. 38 Roster size. 3 guys backed out this year. Draft is next Sunday. Teams available are Tampa Bay, New York Mets, and Arizona Diamondbacks. LMK if interested Thanks
jeffhedstrom
Ballboy
And1: 2

Keeper League needs 1 replacement 

Post#106 » by jeffhedstrom » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Our keeper league "MFLB" needs 1 owner to take over a team, team includes Bumgarner, Votto & Jansen. Email me if interested in taking the team over, midnightrush11@gmail.com

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=110499&teamId=16&seasonId=2016

- 14 teams
- Daily, H2H each category league
- 7x7 cats
- Pitcher 10 GS Limit each week
- 4 players are kept
- Draft is Sat, Apr 2nd at 8:00 pm ET

Here's all other settings
http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=110499
warriors314
Ballboy

Re: Need 1 Replacement Manager - 10 Team Keeper 

Post#107 » by warriors314 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Still looking for a replacement manager. Please email me if interested.
BoCally
Ballboy

Dynasty Baseball League 

Post#108 » by BoCally » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:47 am

Fantasy Dynasty Owners --

If you want the ultimate keeper and dynasty league then this league is for you. For the past 10 years we have hosted the ultimate dynasty/keeper league on ESPN with a custom scoring system and the most defined keeper league you will find.

We have 10 open spots in this league. $300 entry fee. Draft is Thursday March 31st at 8:30 PM/ET. Auction Format, $275 auction budget. Keeper league, you keep all 27 players from year to year in effort to build the ultimate dynasty league. This is a league we hope to keep going for 5-10 years --- if not longer. So once your in --- your in.

Scoring, rules, format, payouts --- everything you need to know is on the main page.

Here is the link: [url][/url]http://games.espn.go...e?leagueId=5613[/url]

All your question can be answered once you go to the league office and read the two PDF documents. If you want to join please email me, Bo Callahan at promick@hotmail.com ASAP. Spots are limited to the first 10 applicants. $300 --- pay before you play policy.

See you in the Dynasty,

Bo
BoCally
Ballboy

Re: Dynasty Baseball League 

Post#109 » by BoCally » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:48 am

durtysix
Suspended
And1: 114

Yahoo Auction Dynasty League Inaugural Season 

Post#110 » by durtysix » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

Inaugural season for Yahoo auction dynasty league, looking for dedicated and active players.

League ID#: 133600
League Name: MLB AUCTION KEEPER
Draft Type: Live Auction Draft
Draft Time: Sat Apr 2 8:30pm EDT

Categories and scoring are mostly Yahoo default settings.
Draft date and time are not subject to change so only join if Sat Apr 2 8:30pm EDT works for you.
Only six spots left so join quickly!

https://yho.com/mlb?l=133600&k=51ffe71ce79d4aca&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=261dc4362e7971b3

Let's play ball!!!
Robster613
Ballboy

2017 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League 

Post#111 » by Robster613 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Hello all,

I will be starting and running a fantasy baseball keeper league starting with the 2017 season. This will be a league complete with an MLB teams roster, non-drafter (meaning you will take over the real life roster of an MLB team) and salary cap.

I have rosters made out for all 30 teams. This will be a 20 team league so 10 teams will be dissolved to feed free agency.

Each off season we will have free agency which will mimic the real life mlb free agent list. It will start with the 2017 off season free agents (keep this in mind when selecting team, if you are in the league).

There will also be access to a minor league system, as you are allowed to choose 30 prospects to protect (and may change at any time).

I am looking for more teams as we are a starting league. If you are interested, please let me know. I would also like to hear about your past fantasy baseball experience, as this is a keeper league, and I want experienced players.

Thanks for your interest!!
TheFens22
Ballboy

30 Team Dynasty Baseball League: Need Active Owners 

Post#112 » by TheFens22 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:58 pm

We are looking for 5 new owners in a 30 team baseball league. We have the Giants/Padres/Phillies/Rangers and possibly Mariners avail. Some of the rosters have been worked with being we are heading into Year two but a few have been basically left as is. Email me at Jaleo22@icloud.com if you are interested, you'll be able to view roster and rules before committing. $25 dollar fee is required prior to start of season after World Series is over. My Name is Jason, i am a co-commisioner.
goodfold2
Ballboy

Re: League Advertisements 

Post#113 » by goodfold2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 am

ever wanted to dodge h2h luck (be the 2nd best overall team in a week but not have a winning record) but like the week to week immediacy and not be drawing dead in categories late in year in a roto?
i've set up a fantrax roto/h2h hybrid league in which 16 teams all play each other every week in 10x10 categories from 1-22 (23-25 for playoffs). so if a team was the best in all the 20 categories in a week that team would go 300-0 (20 X 15 other teams = 300). this is a way to get rid of h2h luck while keeping the immediate gratification of h2h while also not restraining teams by how good they are in a certain category over whole season to affect their future place in each category. redraft league (we might vote to do a small amount of keepers, maybe 2-4, with no price cost) free also.
-scoring:
hitting: hits, RBI, Runs, HR's, steals, total bases, XBH, OBP, OPS, steals %
pitching: K's, wins (for starters), saves, holds, blown saves (inverse value, you don't want these), QS, inherited runners stranded, ERA, WHIP, K%
so 7-3 counting vs ratio stats for both hitters and pitchers
- rosters
hitting: 1 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 1 CI, 1 MI, 1 LF, 1 CF, 1 RF, 1 OF (any type) 2 utils
pitching: 5 SP, 5 RP, 1 P
3 BN. 3 DL slots and a player doesn't have to be on real life DL to be put there (if a player doesn't play in a game for ANY reason he can be DL'd, suspensions/inactive/short term day to day injuries).
- no add limits, minimum 30 innings per week maximum 72 (1800 max per year pace, 25 weeks)
draft will be very close to start of MLB's real life season and exact date not set in stone,private message or email goodfold2@yahoo.com for interest. i'll also have other leagues with openings and people in this league would be informed of those (some in fantrax, some in yahoo). draft is random ordered snake
goodfold2
Ballboy

roto/h2h hybrid in fantrax (free and either redraft or short keeper) 

Post#114 » by goodfold2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:31 am

ever wanted to dodge h2h luck (be the 2nd best overall team in a week but not have a winning record) but like the week to week immediacy and not be drawing dead in categories late in year in a roto?
i've set up a fantrax roto/h2h hybrid league in which 16 teams all play each other every week in 10x10 categories from 1-22 (23-25 for playoffs). so if a team was the best in all 20 categories in a week that team would go 300-0 (20 X 15 other teams = 300) in any given season week. this is a way to get rid of h2h luck while keeping the immediate gratification of h2h while also not restraining teams by how good they are in a certain category over whole season to affect their future place in each category. redraft league (we might vote to do a small amount of keepers, maybe 2-4, with no price cost) free also.
-scoring:
pitching: K's, wins (for starters), saves, holds, blown saves (inverse value, you don't want these), QS, inherited runners stranded, ERA, WHIP, K%
- rosters
hitting: 1 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 1 CI, 1 MI, 1 LF, 1 CF, 1 RF, 1 OF (any type) 2 utils
3 BN. 3 DL slots and a player doesn't have to be on real life DL to be put there (if a player doesn't play in a game for ANY reason he can be DL'd, suspensions/inactive/short term day to day injuries).
- no add limits, minimum 30 innings per week maximum 72 (1800 max per year pace, 25 weeks)
draft will be very close to start of MLB's real life season and exact date not set in stone,private message or email goodfold2@yahoo.com for interest. i'll also have other leagues with openings and people in this league would be informed of those (some in fantrax, some in yahoo)
goodfold2
Ballboy

Re: League Advertisements 

Post#115 » by goodfold2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:55 am

still need 10 owners.
goodfold2
Ballboy

variety of baseball openings 

Post#116 » by goodfold2 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:11 pm

early openings for anybody interested. contact goodfold2@yahoo.com or drop a post here (2nd is better as i'll be emailed anyway that way and i'll have a record of it for later). all drafts will be in 2nd half of march if not later. no reason to add extra injury/demotion/promotion risk by drafting earlier than that. also i can't see any reasons to take away from our prep times.

LEAGUE 1:
-roto/h2h 16 team hybrid free in fantrax.
if you've ever not liked in any sport that h2h luck where the 2nd best team in a week loses, or the best team barely wins, or the 2nd worst team wins but still like the weekly immediacy of h2h in general, while also liking the accuracy of roto this is a good league. 16 teams all play each other every week in 10x10 categories from weeks 1-22 (23-25 for playoffs). so it's 22 separete roto "seasons" added together as the season, and 3 week playoff. this is a way to get rid of h2h luck while keeping the immediate gratification of h2h. redraft league (we might vote to do a small amount of keepers, maybe 2-4). snake draft random order.

-scoring:
- rosters
3 BN. 3 DL slots and a player doesn't have to be on real life DL to be put there (if a player doesn't play in a game for ANY reason he can be DL'd, suspensions/inactive).
- no add limits, 30 min innings per week, 72 max.

LEAGUE 2:
- AL only done right in yahoo. free. 10 team h2h. 3 keepers, using last year's ADP cost from fantasy pros.
this is 2nd year of this league. you cannot add any NL players nor do you lose stats from AL players if they get traded midseason to NL (however if you lose a guy midseason he can't be kept in succeeding season). so last year if you had m.moore/reddick and didn't drop them you'd have gotten their stats all year, but if dropped, they exited the player universe and nobody could add them. any player that arrives midseason to AL (trades or signings) goes through a 2 day message board waiver in which all owners have that time to show up and type "i use my waiver". during draft if you either time out or are absent and draft any NL player you'll actually get the highest ranked by yahoo player AL that was available at the time of your pick(s). it works best when the most people show up to the draft so if you are one of the people who actually prefer to not show up to drafts this probably isn't good league for you.
scoring: runs/RBI/net steals, total bases added, OBP over AVG, ERA, WHIP, K's, QS over wins, holds, saves
rosters: 1 each of C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 4 OF and 1 util, 5 SP, 4 RP, 4 BN, 3 DL, 1 NA.
1 roster available currently: these keeper options: odor, betts, pujols, semien, profar, j-zimm, pillar, simmons and some others.

LEAGUE 3: brand new NL only version of league 3. 9 spots open.

LEAGUE 4: 10 team league in which all teams draft 3 entire MLB team pitching and 3 entire MLB team hitting squads. for rest of season from date we draft these teams these are ONLY players you own (your only FA moves are you streaming your own players). trades from owner to owner are of course allowed. so if draft was march 23rd, and jay bruce gets traded july 16th in real life, he's still property of NYM hitting after july 16th, not wherever he got traded in real life. 2 of every position for hitting, 5 SP, 6 RP, scoring would be about 8X8 or so, h2h version of this for sure and likely a roto also. in the h2h version about 10 moves max per week in the roto innings cap of probably around 1700 and 162 games for hitter spots. these leagues by nature are completely redrafted. in yahoo and free.

LEAGUE 5: 16 team roto in yahoo (free) with one of 3-5 keepers kept at previous year fantasy pros ADP prices. whether it's 3-5 keepers is being vote upon right now. 4 openings in this league.
- rosters: 1 of all C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, with 1 specific OF each (LF/RF/CF), 1 any OF, 3 utils, 5 SP, 5 RP, 1 P, 3 BN, 3 DL, 2 NA
- scoring categories: 10 X 10 with runs, hits, HR, RBI, steals, OBP, slugging, OPS, total bases, steals % for hitters, K's, saves, holds, wins, QS, net saves and holds, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9 for pitchers.
- keepers for available teams:
1. yelich, cano, conforto, segura, t.frazier, k.jansen, syndergaard wheeler, heyward, ubaldo
2. mccullers, tanaka, uehera, j-zimm, andrus, bruce, j.upton, schimpf, mazara, cargo 1 (COL), donaldson
3. urias, s.gray, cole, s.dyson, rodon, snell, machado, schwarber, rendon, goldschmidt, myers, inciarte
4. trumbo, ellsbury, melky cab, posey, d.murphy, ozuna, grandal, fowler, keuchel, lackey, reed, robertson (WSOX), scherzer
gfriley
Freshman

12 Team Yahoo ROTO leagues - $400 & $500 

Post#117 » by gfriley » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:43 pm

I have multiple Yahoo ROTO Fantasy Baseball Leagues I am running. I have traditional 5x5 leagues and a 6x6 league which is the same as a traditional 5x5 league but On-Base Percentage and Holds are added. Looking for some highly competitive managers to join these leagues that will play all year round. These leagues will only be 12 team leagues. My leagues are on a first come first serve basis. The leagues are set-up to allow 18 teams in the league but only the first 12 teams to pay will be in the league. These leagues should fill quick as all of them are in at least their 5th year with a strong base of returning managers that usually play in more than one of my leagues. You can use the links below to check out the leagues. If you would prefer me to send you an invite I can do that too, just email me at gfriley@aol.com . The top 4 teams in the league are paid out. League fees will be held through Leaguesafe.com. All league information is in the commish's note (there is also a post titled “League payouts and info” that has the same info) so if you are interested in the league please make sure you read the commish note. It should answer any questions you have.

$400 buy-in league 6x6 roto - (Draft time Sunday April 2nd at 11:00 am EST) - https://yho.com/mlb?l=1749&k=fc5f11de20059713&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=73fb5bc79f2eda73
(6 PAID TEAMS! only 6 open spots left)

$400 5x5 ROTO Buy-In League II - (Draft time Sunday March 26th at 8:00 pm EST) - https://yho.com/mlb?l=1775&k=b9684fb731b25bae&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=dd24a3ecd5f36693
(7 PAID TEAMS! only 5 open spots left)

$500 5x5 ROTO League – (Draft time Wednesday March 29th at 8:00 pm EST) - https://yho.com/mlb?l=1768&k=82bfa4f2dbed9fec&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=443cd081afac211c
(8 PAID TEAMS! only 4 open spots left)

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, NA

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
gfriley
Freshman

Re: 12 Team Yahoo ROTO leagues - $400 & $500 

Post#118 » by gfriley » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:07 am

gfriley wrote:I have multiple Yahoo ROTO Fantasy Baseball Leagues I am running. I have traditional 5x5 leagues and a 6x6 league which is the same as a traditional 5x5 league but On-Base Percentage and Holds are added. Looking for some highly competitive managers to join these leagues that will play all year round. These leagues will only be 12 team leagues. My leagues are on a first come first serve basis. The leagues are set-up to allow 18 teams in the league but only the first 12 teams to pay will be in the league. These leagues should fill quick as all of them are in at least their 5th year with a strong base of returning managers that usually play in more than one of my leagues. You can use the links below to check out the leagues. If you would prefer me to send you an invite I can do that too, just email me at gfriley@aol.com . The top 4 teams in the league are paid out. League fees will be held through Leaguesafe.com. All league information is in the commish's note (there is also a post titled “League payouts and info” that has the same info) so if you are interested in the league please make sure you read the commish note. It should answer any questions you have.

$400 buy-in league 6x6 roto - (Draft time Sunday April 2nd at 11:00 am EST) - https://yho.com/mlb?l=1749&k=fc5f11de20059713&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=73fb5bc79f2eda73

$400 5x5 ROTO Buy-In League II - (Draft time Sunday March 26th at 8:00 pm EST) - https://yho.com/mlb?l=1775&k=b9684fb731b25bae&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=dd24a3ecd5f36693

$500 5x5 ROTO League – (Draft time Wednesday March 29th at 8:00 pm EST) - https://yho.com/mlb?l=1768&k=82bfa4f2dbed9fec&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=443cd081afac211c

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, NA

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
Viva La Grinch
Sophomore
And1: 1

10+ year Dynasty League with Openings-$50 Team Fee 

Post#119 » by Viva La Grinch » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:08 pm

We have a salary dynasty league that has been going on for over ten years that needs some new owners. Old age and family has taken away some of our owners, so we are down to 8 owners in a twelve team league. The cost of the league is $50 with 100% payback to the top three teams in the league and the season wins leader. This is a standard 5x5 scoring format with a minor league roster option.

Our idea for new owners is to have an expansion draft with the following rules:
Existing owners can submit a full set of keepers for this year. ( this is limited to a set dollar and at most existing teams can keep 8 players from last year)
Any new owners can pluck any remaining players left over from each teams roster from last year. If they decide to take any players, they would be at the salary levels from last years roster plus the salary increase due for 2017. Also new owners are free to take any players from the teams not returning and any free agents from last year.

This is a very active league with great owners. We are hoping to fill these slots quickly, and any new owners would have to pay dues before a team slot is reserved. The expansion draft section pick order will be determined by the first teams paying dues for this year. Hope to hear from a new crop of owners soon, and you can email me at tsatorius@yahoo.com for quick responses!!
wbcalvin
Ballboy

18 team dynasty baseball league opening 

Post#120 » by wbcalvin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:54 pm

My baseball dynasty league is in search of a replacement GM. We are going on year 13 in Elite Baseball. This is a super active league, full of message board chatter and very active trading. We will be conducting our yearly prospect draft in the next week or so, so I am looking to get someone in ASAP. Here is the current roster and settings:

Joey Votto
Robinson Cano
Nelson Cruz
Car-Go
Ian Desmond
Todd Frazier
DJ LeMahieu
Adam Duvall
Russell Martin
Brett Gardner
Rajai Davis
Scott Schebler
Asdrubal Cabrera
Alcides Escobar

Johnny Cueto
Felix Hernandez
K-Rod
Anthony DeSclafani
Mike Leake
Chris Tillman
David Phelps
Santiago Casilla
Colby Lewis
Sergio Romo
Carlos Estevez
Vidal Nuno
Matt Barnes
C.J Wilson
Zack Wheeler
Hyun-Jin Ryu

Supp Players

Hunter renfroe sd of
Billy mckinney oak of
Riley unroe rays
Chris Withrow, DodgersSP
Luke Jackson RangersSP
Ethan Martin Dodgers1B
Chris Carter Athletics
Wilking Rodriguez RaysP
Carlos Triunfel MarinersP
Kelvin De La Cruz IndiansP
Joe Wieland BravesP
Tanner Scheppers RangersP
AJ Cole NationalsSP
Michael Kelly- SdSp
Nick Travieso- Reds
Chris Kohler- A's SP
Stephen Gonsalves- Twins Sp
Nick Plummer- Cardinals OF
Andrew Stevenson-Nationals OF
Antonio Santillan-Reds SP

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL, NA, NA, NA

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB)

If interested, please contact me at wbcalvin@gmail.com (Calvin)

Return to Fantasy Baseball