Stephen Zimmerman

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Stephen Zimmerman 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Dec 2, 2015 10:27 pm

Best center prospect in this class? Looks like a great athlete for a C, has perimeter jumper, and unlike eg. Meyers is off to a great start rebounding and blocking shots
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Re: Stephen Zimmerman 

Post#2 » by doordoor123 » Mon Dec 7, 2015 2:20 pm

I love him. I also love McCaw and Jones Jr. All three are going to be great NBA players.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#3 » by RightToCensor » Thu Apr 7, 2016 8:44 am

RIP to his hype

I still like him, if a team gets him with a late 1st or further that'd be a major steal.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by doordoor123 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 1:04 pm

RightToCensor wrote:RIP to his hype

I still like him, if a team gets him with a late 1st or further that'd be a major steal.

No, he'd be a steal anywhere on the board. He's still a great prospect, but other players just have more hype. I still think he can go anywhere from 10 to 30. His workouts will be key. The issues with centers is that it's hard to predict them when they're that underdeveloped. I personally would take Zimmerman over Deyonta Davis, who is the same age, has size and a shooting stroke over him. I think teams are also afraid of his frame, but he has broad shoulders and should fill out well. I actually think in a few years teams will be kicking themselves for not taking him. Once he develops a post game he's going to be very good.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,179

Post#5 » by Notanoob » Thu Apr 7, 2016 3:46 pm

He has a lot of potential, but I think it's worth noting that he struggled with finishing this year. He's the only big man prospect in this draft who couldn't convert at least 60% of his shots at the rim. Even ignoring bigs, the vast majority of wing prospects break 60% at the rim.

His other numbers are mostly solid, which is fine given how young he is.

I wouldn't call him the best C prospect right away, but he's absolutely in the competition for best domestic C prospect.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by doordoor123 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 4:10 pm

Notanoob wrote:He has a lot of potential, but I think it's worth noting that he struggled with finishing this year. He's the only big man prospect in this draft who couldn't convert at least 60% of his shots at the rim. Even ignoring bigs, the vast majority of wing prospects break 60% at the rim.

His other numbers are mostly solid, which is fine given how young he is.

I wouldn't call him the best C prospect right away, but he's absolutely in the competition for best domestic C prospect.

Yeah, that's the thing, I think Stone, Zubac and Zizic are better prospects as centers. Qi and Jeanne too if they were able to gain weight. I think Zimmerman's issue and why he hasn't been able to finish by the rim is because he lacks strength. It's why he isn't a big time rebounder too. I think with good coaching and some strength, he could be a lot better.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,179

Post#7 » by Notanoob » Thu Apr 7, 2016 4:33 pm

doordoor123 wrote:Yeah, that's the thing, I think Stone, Zubac and Zizic are better prospects as centers. Qi and Jeanne too if they were able to gain weight. I think Zimmerman's issue and why he hasn't been able to finish by the rim is because he lacks strength. It's why he isn't a big time rebounder too. I think with good coaching and some strength, he could be a lot better.

Zimmerman's per40 rebounding numbers are actually pretty solid. Middle of the pack on the defensive glass, but that's including some true freaks and guys inflating their numbers playing at mid-majors. Over 3 offensive rebounds is good for a big who took less than half of his shots at the rim. I was surprised when I checked. He could have a knack for it, or just played a weak schedule when it came to rebounding.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#8 » by Johnlac1 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 5:39 pm

Not real high on him. Although he has good skills and coordination, he is not very athletic and lacks strength. He was rated extremely high before his senior year of high school but then dropped by his senior year. He'll probably have to play the five in the pros, and he has to get a lot stronger for that.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by doordoor123 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 7:24 pm

Johnlac1 wrote:Not real high on him. Although he has good skills and coordination, he is not very athletic and lacks strength. He was rated extremely high before his senior year of high school but then dropped by his senior year. He'll probably have to play the five in the pros, and he has to get a lot stronger for that.

He's actually pretty athletic for a 7 footer. He's as athletic as Damian Jones, but lacks the skills he has.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Johnlac1 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 10:33 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Johnlac1 wrote:Not real high on him. Although he has good skills and coordination, he is not very athletic and lacks strength. He was rated extremely high before his senior year of high school but then dropped by his senior year. He'll probably have to play the five in the pros, and he has to get a lot stronger for that.

He's actually pretty athletic for a 7 footer. He's as athletic as Damian Jones, but lacks the skills he has.

I don't know...Jones looks a little more athletic. Jones is a better two foot leaper and looks stronger. Zimmerman will get stronger, but I don't know if he'll be strong enough.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by doordoor123 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 11:10 pm

Johnlac1 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

I don't know...Jones looks a little more athletic. Jones is a better two foot leaper and looks stronger. Zimmerman will get stronger, but I don't know if he'll be strong enough.

I can agree with that. In terms over movement they look very similar. In terms of bounce, I'd say Jones has a little more. I think Zimmerman will be fine on strength once he gains it.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Johnlac1 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 4:53 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Johnlac1 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

I can agree with that. In terms over movement they look very similar. In terms of bounce, I'd say Jones has a little more. I think Zimmerman will be fine on strength once he gains it.

I won't say Zimmerman doesn't have upside (Chad Ford likes him), but we're looking two or three years down the road for decent production. I have doubts about him guarding fours, and he only shot 29% from three territory last season. But if he puts on muscle and learns to like contact in a few years he could be a decent five prospect. He does have good coordination and length.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by doordoor123 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 5:07 pm

Johnlac1 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Johnlac1 wrote:I don't know...Jones looks a little more athletic. Jones is a better two foot leaper and looks stronger. Zimmerman will get stronger, but I don't know if he'll be strong enough.

I won't say Zimmerman doesn't have upside (Chad Ford likes him), but we're looking two or three years down the road for decent production. I have doubts about him guarding fours, and he only shot 29% from three territory last season. But if he puts on muscle and learns to like contact in a few years he could be a decent five prospect. He does have good coordination and length.

He's not a four, he's a five. He's a center with range. For a team like the Celtics, he's perfect. He's a guy that needs a strong 4 with a post game next to him like Jared Sullinger. I think he's more like 1 or 2 years away from contributing good minutes. 3 years to figure him out fully, which is usually the case for most rookies. His Ceiling is if Spencer Hawes moved better.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Johnlac1 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 10:47 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Johnlac1 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

He's not a four, he's a five. He's a center with range. For a team like the Celtics, he's perfect. He's a guy that needs a strong 4 with a post game next to him like Jared Sullinger. I think he's more like 1 or 2 years away from contributing good minutes. 3 years to figure him out fully, which is usually the case for most rookies. His Ceiling is if Spencer Hawes moved better.

"He's not a four, he's a five." That's what I've been saying.

Return to NBA Draft