ImageImageImage

2016 Offseason Thread

Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Re: 2016 Offseason Thread 

Post#21 » by Prince12 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 10:17 am

Nebula1 wrote:
Slava wrote:If Manning doesn't retire, the Texans should go all out to get Osweiler. Barring that just trade as high as you can until you get your QB of choice from the draft. There's really no other option out there unless you want to jump on the RG3 resurrection bandwagon.

Nice call.

I still hope they draft somebody as well and get a full stable.

Yeah i just can't see them using a decent pick on a QB. We never did when we needed one. All the eggs are in the Brock basket now and man i hope he delivers. They just need a decent vet backup to help Osweiller through his new challenges.

So are you a texans man now neb?
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#22 » by Nebula1 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 12:56 pm

Prince12 wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:
Slava wrote:If Manning doesn't retire, the Texans should go all out to get Osweiler. Barring that just trade as high as you can until you get your QB of choice from the draft. There's really no other option out there unless you want to jump on the RG3 resurrection bandwagon.

Nice call.

I still hope they draft somebody as well and get a full stable.

Yeah i just can't see them using a decent pick on a QB. We never did when we needed one. All the eggs are in the Brock basket now and man i hope he delivers. They just need a decent vet backup to help Osweiller through his new challenges.

So are you a texans man now neb?

Born in WI and came out wearing a Packers jersey. Can't ever take that off but I do love the Texans too since I live here permanently. Like having two kids.

But to your point, I'd love to see somebody drafted at QB in the first round and sit on a rookie contract. Osweiler, Rook, Savage give me lots of hope for the future, especially if Osweiler turns into another Shaub.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#23 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 6:48 pm

Nebula1 wrote:But to your point, I'd love to see somebody drafted at QB in the first round and sit on a rookie contract. Osweiler, Rook, Savage give me lots of hope for the future, especially if Osweiler turns into another Shaub.

Pre-Lisfranc injury Schaub or after? If you meant the latter, then God help us all!

:wink:

I'd prefer them not use a high draft pick on a QB because I think OL/DL are much more important areas of need, but if they do I hope they finally find the right guy to solidify the position for the next decade or more. I think we've all suffered enough!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#24 » by Nebula1 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 6:52 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:But to your point, I'd love to see somebody drafted at QB in the first round and sit on a rookie contract. Osweiler, Rook, Savage give me lots of hope for the future, especially if Osweiler turns into another Shaub.

Pre-Lisfranc injury Schaub or after? If you meant the latter, then God help us all!

:wink:

I'd prefer them not use a high draft pick on a QB because I think OL/DL are much more important areas of need, but if they do I hope they finally find the right guy to solidify the position for the next decade or more. I think we've all suffered enough!

Well, both really. Shaub was a nice get at the time and then fell off a cliff and Houston had nobody in the stable. I'd rather load it up, trade Hoyer for a late pick to use on OL/DL. That way, Houston has the best insurance policy available in a 1st round QB learning his way on a rookie contract. Seattle did this and it obviously worked well.

The Texans have also done really well with the OL already in free agency but it does need help. I love Strong/Hopkins, but I want another pick there too or at least TE.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#25 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:01 pm

Well, here we are finally!

The draft begins tonight. It's a much welcome distraction with how the Rockets season played out, and also with how the Astros have been playing so far early in their season.

Who will they grab with their first pick?

Will Rick Smith and Co. come through with a strong draft, or will they find a stranger in the Alps(the stranger being us Texans fans, of course)?
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#26 » by Mr. E » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:22 am

If Laremy Tunsil is still available at #22 do the Texans take the risk?
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Mr. E » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:23 am

I'm still cheering for the Texans to take Hunter Henry with their first pick.
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#28 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:30 am

Will they actually show the pick live? I was certain that somehow goes against NFL policy.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Mr. E » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:36 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Will they actually show the pick live? I was certain that somehow goes against NFL policy.

The Texans tricked them by trading up.
- Winston Churchill
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#30 » by Nebula1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:20 pm

So far Smith/O'Brien are killing it. Houston Texans going to be a force (with a much tougher schedule).
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Mr. E » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:12 am

Can I start referring to DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, Braxton Miller & Jaelen Strong as the Four Horsemen?

Maybe I should at least wait until training camp.
- Winston Churchill

Return to Houston Texans