ImageImageImageImage

Draft Rumors !!!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Re: RE: Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#121 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:32 pm

HMFFL wrote:This mock has been out for 23hrs and it has Tunsil going 6th to Baltimore.
Ramsey going to the Chargers.
It has us selecting Bosa like most mock drafts.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/305666

I also read one where the Chargers were torn between Ramsey and Tunsil. Thought was that Tunsil would plug in immediately on the O-Line where they needed help.

Next couple of weeks are going to be full of this stuff. At least the Rams did something right. The rumor mill is now full bore.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#122 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:54 pm

And I am hoping and praying if that scenario holds to form, I hope the Chargers take Ramsey. That will put us in position for the 2 best players in the draft, Buckner and Jack. Either one and I am so happy.
Cowboycolors
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#123 » by Cowboycolors » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Cowboys wont be taking Jack his knee did not check out

And Buckner not on my list

JMHO
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#124 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:54 pm

Cowboycolors wrote:Cowboys wont be taking Jack his knee did not check out

JMHO

Yea Jack won't even be a consideration now after his knee didn't check out.

I like Buckner but I don't think the Cowboys like Buckner more than Ramsey or even Elliott.

As far as Bosa, I would be ok with him but only if they also went DT at pick 34. Bosa is not the edge rusher that Ware, JJ Watt, or Von Miller were coming out of school. He's going to need help. If the Cowboys had a DT rotation of Crawford, Thornton, Billings, and David Irving causing havoc in the middle then Bosa would be less likely to see a double team (making him more effective).

Of course doing that means Kellen Moore is our primary backup this year and we would all have to pray that Romo stays healthy. Because if Romo goes down again we'd be staring at 8-8 or worse. Also I'm hearing that next year's QB class will be even weaker than this year's class.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#125 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:And I am hoping and praying if that scenario holds to form, I hope the Chargers take Ramsey. That will put us in position for the 2 best players in the draft, Buckner and Jack. Either one and I am so happy.

Don't get your hopes up. I'm not certain that if Ramsey is gone that they don't take Elliott.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#126 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Every insider the past 2 days have stuck their heads out on a limp. All say Cowboys going defense. Which is music to my ears as long as its not Bosa and his junkie-assed, side kick, Elliot. I guess Egals want Elliot bad. They are willing to trade for him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#127 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Every insider the past 2 days have stuck their heads out on a limp. All say Cowboys going defense. Which is music to my ears as long as its not Bosa and his junkie-assed, side kick, Elliot. I guess Egals want Elliot bad. They are willing to trade for him.

The Eagles are definitely trying to trade up but I think it's for a QB not Elliott. If they can't pull off the trade then they'll take Elliott at 8.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#128 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:14 pm

Mr B wrote:

JMHO

I like Buckner but I don't think the Cowboys like Buckner more than Ramsey or even Elliott.

As far as Bosa, I would be ok with him but only if they also went DT at pick 34. Bosa is not the edge rusher that Ware, JJ Watt, or Von Miller were coming out of school. He's going to need help. If the Cowboys had a DT rotation of Crawford, Thornton, Billings, and David Irving causing havoc in the middle then Bosa would be less likely to see a double team (making him more effective).

Of course doing that means Kellen Moore is our primary backup this year and we would all have to pray that Romo stays healthy. Because if Romo goes down again we'd be staring at 8-8 or worse. Also I'm hearing that next year's QB class will be even weaker than this year's class.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket... but if Romo goes down again we're screwed regardless of who the backup is. And I'm not in favor of throwing a rookie out there in place of Moore.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#129 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

JMHO

I don't mean to be a wet blanket... but if Romo goes down again we're screwed regardless of who the backup is. And I'm not in favor of throwing a rookie out there in place of Moore.

At least with a rookie QB there would be hope for the future. Ideally though I would prefer for the Cowboys to sign a vet QB for at least 1 year in addition to having Goff, Wentz, or Lynch.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#130 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:10 pm

JMHO

Too bad. The insiders I've heard from say Jack's knee has checked out fine and is more than good to go. Hard telling I guess. Let me guess, your like most of the hoop guys that want a CB. Sorry, I'm never one to get held hostage by WR's and CB's in free agency or the draft. Jerry has been super in that department, hah? Anyways, I haven't changed at all since our ESPN days. I'm all defense as usual, which is something we haven't had or properly addressed for 20 years now. Jack and Buckner are the 2 best players in the draft. JMHO. Buckner will be a pro bowler and all pro within 3 years, and someone's D- line anchor for a long time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#131 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:And I am hoping and praying if that scenario holds to form, I hope the Chargers take Ramsey. That will put us in position for the 2 best players in the draft, Buckner and Jack. Either one and I am so happy.

Don't get your hopes up. I'm not certain that if Ramsey is gone that they don't take Elliott.
That would be a huge mistake. That's the last thing we need. Another junkie on the team. He's another Johnny Manziel on the horizon.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#132 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Mr B wrote:

JMHO

If Bosa, Elliot and Ramsey are my only choices, I take Ramsey.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#133 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Every insider the past 2 days have stuck their heads out on a limp. All say Cowboys going defense. Which is music to my ears as long as its not Bosa and his junkie-assed, side kick, Elliot. I guess Egals want Elliot bad. They are willing to trade for him.

The Eagles are definitely trying to trade up but I think it's for a QB not Elliott. If they can't pull off the trade then they'll take Elliott at 8.
Yea, but like you said earlier, and it checks out, the Egals have nothing to offer to move up. Now that the Rams have moved up, one QB is definitely off the board. I think the 49ers are gonna try and move up to that spot. They have more to offer. Now that Cleveland has RGknee, I think Cleveland will accept an offer from the 49ers or someone else, aquire some additional picks and take Lynch or another QB as back up later in the draft. For us, the start of the draft will be what San Diego does. The Egals can have Elliot. We can stay right were we are at and get big time quality player. WE have many holes on defense. Can we please just get sometime of big time player on defense before I die and hopefully go to heaven.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#134 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

JMHO

We need someone to stop the run, get sacks and pressures, tackle and get turn overs. I don't think a back up QB helps us out in that department.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#135 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

JMHO

If Bosa, Elliot and Ramsey are my only choices, I take Ramsey.

There is a real chance that the Chargers take Ramsey instead of Tunsil. So at 4 the choices would be Bosa, Elliott, or trade down. I think if Tunsil is there at 4 the Titans will be trying to move back up to draft him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#136 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:55 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

We need someone to stop the run, get sacks and pressures, tackle and get turn overs. I don't think a back up QB helps us out in that department.

Doesn't matter how good the defense is if they have no QB. At this point you have to expect that Romo will get hurt and miss a few games if not the entire year again. You could have an all world defense but if Kellen Moore is the QB they would be lucky to get to 8-8. Also keep in mind their defense is going to take more than 1 year to build.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#137 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Yea, but like you said earlier, and it checks out, the Egals have nothing to offer to move up. Now that the Rams have moved up, one QB is definitely off the board. I think the 49ers are gonna try and move up to that spot. They have more to offer. Now that Cleveland has RGknee, I think Cleveland will accept an offer from the 49ers or someone else, aquire some additional picks and take Lynch or another QB as back up later in the draft. For us, the start of the draft will be what San Diego does. The Egals can have Elliot. We can stay right were we are at and get big time quality player. WE have many holes on defense. Can we please just get sometime of big time player on defense before I die and hopefully go to heaven.

The Eagles will have to include 1st rounders for the next year or two in order to move up since they do not have a 2nd this year. The price to move from 8 to 2 won't be as steep as what the Rams paid to go from 15 to 1.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#138 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

That would be a huge mistake. That's the last thing we need. Another junkie on the team. He's another Johnny Manziel on the horizon.

I don't see that at all. He's never failed a drug test and despite the Bosa/Elliott party rumors there hasn't been anything to substantiate it. Everyone that has had any interaction with Elliott says he's a quality character guy. Everyone knew Johnny was a douche from the time he left high school.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#139 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Question for you guys... Would you be opposed to trading with someone within our division? The Cowboys Draft show the other day was talking about if QB's go 1 & 2 and the Chargers take Ramsey leaving Tunsil there at 4 would you be willing to trade back to 10 if the Giants made an offer. They would pick up extra picks but would basically be giving the Giants a stud LT that will likely be there for 10+ years. Would you do it?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#140 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:04 pm

I guess we have different sources. I'm happy with Elliot going to the Egals.

Return to Dallas Cowboys