bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#141 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Yea Jack won't even be a consideration now after his knee didn't check out.

I like Buckner but I don't think the Cowboys like Buckner more than Ramsey or even Elliott.

As far as Bosa, I would be ok with him but only if they also went DT at pick 34. Bosa is not the edge rusher that Ware, JJ Watt, or Von Miller were coming out of school. He's going to need help. If the Cowboys had a DT rotation of Crawford, Thornton, Billings, and David Irving causing havoc in the middle then Bosa would be less likely to see a double team (making him more effective).

Of course doing that means Kellen Moore is our primary backup this year and we would all have to pray that Romo stays healthy. Because if Romo goes down again we'd be staring at 8-8 or worse. Also I'm hearing that next year's QB class will be even weaker than this year's class.

If Bosa, Elliot and Ramsey are my only choices, I take Ramsey.

There is a real chance that the Chargers take Ramsey instead of Tunsil. So at 4 the choices would be Bosa, Elliott, or trade down. I think if Tunsil is there at 4 the Titans will be trying to move back up to draft him.

If the 49ers can't make a deal with the Browns to get a QB, then they are willing to Keep Kaepernick and trade back with the Titans. Also heard a couple guys on the NFL network mention that as well. Either way, the Egals don't get a Qb that they wanted and will probably stay where they are and take Elliot.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#142 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Don't get your hopes up. I'm not certain that if Ramsey is gone that they don't take Elliott.
That would be a huge mistake. That's the last thing we need. Another junkie on the team. He's another Johnny Manziel on the horizon.

I don't see that at all. He's never failed a drug test and despite the Bosa/Elliott party rumors there hasn't been anything to substantiate it. Everyone that has had any interaction with Elliott says he's a quality character guy. Everyone knew Johnny was a douche from the time he left high school.

The reports I read was the Parties got so wild that Bosa and Elliot are no longer room mates. As someone who used to work in the Human Service field, Molly and extacy will burn a hole in your brain and break down your body faster that you can blink. Trust me. Too many red flags for me when it comes to Bosa and Elliot. Sorry.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#143 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I like Buckner but I don't think the Cowboys like Buckner more than Ramsey or even Elliott.

As far as Bosa, I would be ok with him but only if they also went DT at pick 34. Bosa is not the edge rusher that Ware, JJ Watt, or Von Miller were coming out of school. He's going to need help. If the Cowboys had a DT rotation of Crawford, Thornton, Billings, and David Irving causing havoc in the middle then Bosa would be less likely to see a double team (making him more effective).

Of course doing that means Kellen Moore is our primary backup this year and we would all have to pray that Romo stays healthy. Because if Romo goes down again we'd be staring at 8-8 or worse. Also I'm hearing that next year's QB class will be even weaker than this year's class.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket... but if Romo goes down again we're screwed regardless of who the backup is. And I'm not in favor of throwing a rookie out there in place of Moore.

At least with a rookie QB there would be hope for the future. Ideally though I would prefer for the Cowboys to sign a vet QB for at least 1 year in addition to having Goff, Wentz, or Lynch.

What rookie QB, what hope and what future? It hugely matters who that rookie QB is. :meditate:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#144 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
I don't mean to be a wet blanket... but if Romo goes down again we're screwed regardless of who the backup is. And I'm not in favor of throwing a rookie out there in place of Moore.
We need someone to stop the run, get sacks and pressures, tackle and get turn overs. I don't think a back up QB helps us out in that department.

Doesn't matter how good the defense is if they have no QB. At this point you have to expect that Romo will get hurt and miss a few games if not the entire year again. You could have an all world defense but if Kellen Moore is the QB they would be lucky to get to 8-8. Also keep in mind their defense is going to take more than 1 year to build.
Totally disagree. Colts won Super Bowl with a back up QB, named Earl Morrill. So did the Giants with Jeff Hostelter. Ken Stabler was not a great QB, but won a ring with a great defense. Same with Joe Flacco. McMahan was a horrible QB with the Bears. Trent Dilfer with the Ravens. Redskins won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QB's with a great defense and top notch offensive line. There QB's were horrible. Same with the Steelers. Bradshaw was not all that good a QB for the Steelers. He also had a great Offensive line and the great Steel Curtain defense for cover.
So there are many instances where the best Qb in the game doesn't win the Super Bowl most of the time. Yes the defense needs a lot of work. Been screaming about it for years. This draft is extremely deep in defense. We should be able to get 4 nice pieces this year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#145 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
We need someone to stop the run, get sacks and pressures, tackle and get turn overs. I don't think a back up QB helps us out in that department.

Doesn't matter how good the defense is if they have no QB. At this point you have to expect that Romo will get hurt and miss a few games if not the entire year again. You could have an all world defense but if Kellen Moore is the QB they would be lucky to get to 8-8. Also keep in mind their defense is going to take more than 1 year to build.
Totally disagree. Colts won Super Bowl with a back up QB, named Earl Morrill. So did the Giants with Jeff Hostelter. Ken Stabler was not a great QB, but won a ring with a great defense. Same with Joe Flacco. McMahan was a horrible QB with the Bears. Trent Dilfer with the Ravens. Redskins won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QB's with a great defense and top notch offensive line. There QB's were horrible. Same with the Steelers. Bradshaw was not all that good a QB for the Steelers. He also had a great Offensive line and the great Steel Curtain defense for cover.
So there are many instances where the best Qb in the game doesn't win the Super Bowl most of the time. Yes the defense needs a lot of work. Been screaming about it for years. This draft is extremely deep in defense. We should be able to get 4 nice pieces this year.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#146 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Mr B wrote:Question for you guys... Would you be opposed to trading with someone within our division? The Cowboys Draft show the other day was talking about if QB's go 1 & 2 and the Chargers take Ramsey leaving Tunsil there at 4 would you be willing to trade back to 10 if the Giants made an offer. They would pick up extra picks but would basically be giving the Giants a stud LT that will likely be there for 10+ years. Would you do it?

If the net outcome benefits the Cowboys I've never had an issue trading within the division. Especially with free agency - it's pretty much a non-ender to me.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#147 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:07 am

I want to stay at #4. We can always trade back later if we get a sweet deal. But I like where we are at and want an immediate high quality player which we desperately need. I would not want to trade out of the top 8.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#148 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:41 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: We need someone to stop the run, get sacks and pressures, tackle and get turn overs. I don't think a back up QB helps us out in that department.

ALL of those guys are light years better than Kellen Moore. Also all of those guys except Flacco played in different eras. Kellen Moore isn't anywhere near as good as Flacco is. Also in addition to Flacco and that great defense they also had a dominant running game.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#149 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:35 am

Regardless of what they end up doing in round 1 this is a guy I'd like to see them get in the middle rounds. His name is Ronald Blair DE from Appalachian St. I've seen him being projected about the 4th round.

http://youtu.be/38Ytur9w6Y8
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#150 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Guys, I need help with this one. Now that I have had a chance to catch up a little bit after a few vigorous day of Work. There are a lot of rumblings going on with some kid named Leonard Floyed. Can you guys bring me up to speed with him? He has quietly and secretly moved up in just about everyone's top 10. Has to be a reason why there are so many whispers about him. It has caught my eye I'll tell ya. Something going on here.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#151 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Guys, I need help with this one. Now that I have had a chance to catch up a little bit after a few vigorous day of Work. There are a lot of rumblings going on with some kid named Leonard Floyed. Can you guys bring me up to speed with him? He has quietly and secretly moved up in just about everyone's top 10. Has to be a reason why there are so many whispers about him. It has caught my eye I'll tell ya. Something going on here.

From the videos I've seen of Floyd he looks more like a 3/4 OLB. He's definitely a playmaker though. The question for him is how effective would he be in the NFL as a 4/3 DE. Here is a video of him.

http://youtu.be/EazD4olg2Mo
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#152 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:32 pm

I think he would look just fine causing havoc next to Sean Lee.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#153 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I think he would look just fine causing havoc next to Sean Lee.

Some mocks have him going in the top 10 now. I don't see this guy being drafted by Dallas.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#154 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:40 am

I still want Buckner. If not Buckner, I can handle Ramsey if we can get him. If those 2 scenarios don't come to form, I'd just as soon trade back.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#155 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I guess we have different sources. I'm happy with Elliot going to the Egals.

Did I post this? Wow, I must have been drinking margaritas.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#156 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cowboycolors wrote:Cowboys wont be taking Jack his knee did not check out

And Buckner not on my list

JMHO

Wow, Otis, did you post this? LMAO.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#157 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Wow, Otis, did you post this? LMAO.

Isn't it fun to be able to laugh a little?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I guess we have different sources. I'm happy with Elliot going to the Egals.

Did I post this? Wow, I must have been drinking margaritas.

Half the fun of being a fan is when we are wrong.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#159 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:40 pm

At least we have struck a little bit of gold this time with things going the right way. That's what makes being wrong much more tolerable. I never in a millions years after the draft would have predicted that Elliott and Prescott would be this dynamic as rookies with the defense we thought we had going into the season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#160 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:25 pm

You guys see any elite DE's and DT's we can keep an eye on for our upcoming draft?

Return to Dallas Cowboys