ImageImageImageImage

State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#41 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:53 pm

I know this... I trust Bryan Broaddeus about as far as I can spit. And as I'm waiting on my permanent teeth, that ain't far. I want to hear a different voice than his. He's an idiot.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Be leary of the ESPN guys. I swear they all get paid to make a lot of these guys in the draft way more special than they really are.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:23 pm

As of this week,the Cowboys only have 6.6 million left for free agency and the draft. We still have Brandon Carr and he was suppose to free us up over 9 million. Not sure how aggressive we can be unless Carr will be let go later and we redo a few contracts to free up a bit more money.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#44 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:As of this week,the Cowboys only have 6.6 million left for free agency and the draft. We still have Brandon Carr and he was suppose to free us up over 9 million. Not sure how aggressive we can be unless Carr will be let go later and we redo a few contracts to free up a bit more money.

As free agency goes along and more players are released another CB will become available that they can sign for less than what Robinson got in Indy. Also I except they will draft a CB. Both of those options will make Carr expendable. He will either redo his contract or get cut. I'm not too worried about how much cap room they have at this point.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:07 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:#1, IMHO only the Browns and Redskins have a worse front office than us. We are still such a mess with no leadership at the top. We still have players bypassing coaches for meetings with the owner. Non-football people still making football decisions. This never happened the first 29 years of our existence.
#2, To those who bought into last year's smoke and mirrors and culture change, I don't see it. Especially to those over the hoop that told me I was a fool3 years ago when I brought all this to everyone's attention. But they didn't want to hear it because I said Ware was over rated and my post became less relevant to many. But I have been saying it for 4 years now. Still looks like a revolving door of cancers, under wear thieves, women beaters and thugs. And Now there's talk again of bring in Manziel. Just what we need, an immature, pill snorting, party-assed junkie.
#3, Another broken record coming, WHEN THE HELL DO WE ADDRESS DT? Do you guys think Crawford and Mincy are the answer?
#4, Running back by committee was a total failure. We have NO RB. Nothing we have is the answer.
#5, The risk of drafting high for Gregory and bring in Hardy also turned out to be a cluster you know what.
#6, The coaching sucks and I have been telling everyone also for4 years Garrett is a nice guy, a decant preparation coach, but sucks comes game time and with adjustments and still to me is just Jerry's little yes boy.
I have to stop now. Getting too upset. If I left anything out, please add.

Outside the fact that we are out of salary cap hell, what has changed since my post here back in December? Just more red flag after red flag.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:#1, IMHO only the Browns and Redskins have a worse front office than us. We are still such a mess with no leadership at the top. We still have players bypassing coaches for meetings with the owner. Non-football people still making football decisions. This never happened the first 29 years of our existence.
#2, To those who bought into last year's smoke and mirrors and culture change, I don't see it. Especially to those over the hoop that told me I was a fool3 years ago when I brought all this to everyone's attention. But they didn't want to hear it because I said Ware was over rated and my post became less relevant to many. But I have been saying it for 4 years now. Still looks like a revolving door of cancers, under wear thieves, women beaters and thugs. And Now there's talk again of bring in Manziel. Just what we need, an immature, pill snorting, party-assed junkie.
#3, Another broken record coming, WHEN THE HELL DO WE ADDRESS DT? Do you guys think Crawford and Mincy are the answer?
#4, Running back by committee was a total failure. We have NO RB. Nothing we have is the answer.
#5, The risk of drafting high for Gregory and bring in Hardy also turned out to be a cluster you know what.
#6, The coaching sucks and I have been telling everyone also for4 years Garrett is a nice guy, a decant preparation coach, but sucks comes game time and with adjustments and still to me is just Jerry's little yes boy.
I have to stop now. Getting too upset. If I left anything out, please add.

Outside the fact that we are out of salary cap hell, what has changed since my post here back in December? Just more red flag after red flag.

Well - Lawrence is getting suspended. You didn't have that. 8-)
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#47 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Our current Defensive line status is in a very serious situation. We may be in trouble.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Our current Defensive line status is in a very serious situation. We may be in trouble.

Yeah. The crickets are chirping "Greg Hardy".

God - I hope not. I'd rather just suck than have that cancer back here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Looks like we will have to spend more time looking at D-lineman despite our off season pickups. And you are right, I would puke if they brought back Greg Hardy as well. Good thing this draft is extremely deep on defense. Nevertheless, as much as I want Buckner, I was hoping to get a Cb and some linebackers. Shopping for extra lineman will prevent us from filling much needed holes in other areas. Foget back up QB now and probably receiver as well. If we take Elliot and neglect a d-line that is beyond desperate now, we will have to score 38 points a game to win. Damn Jerry, and his risk of continuously taking chances on red flag players. Ben bitching about this for well over a decade now. If Jerry continues to run his ship this way, it looks like we will never see another Super Bowl in our lifetimes.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#50 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:25 am

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:20 pm

These Gregory and Lawrence suspensions really put a crimp in things with the draft coming up. We already had enough holes to fill as it is. You guys even convinced me of taking a RB with one of our picks. But we really, and I mean really, need to hit on all our draft choices this year, no mistakes. However we have been getting killed in rounds 3-7 for years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:30 am

I hope you guys are in for another very long season again. Thank the lord for gambling and fantasy football. We have no shot at much of anything with a defense that will give up at least 34 points a game. We will be worse than the Saint defense has been the past 2 years.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I hope you guys are in for another very long season again. Thank the lord for gambling and fantasy football. We have no shot at much of anything with a defense that will give up at least 34 points a game. We will be worse than the Saint defense has been the past 2 years.

With a dominant running game and the team being able to control the clock opposing offense likely won't be on the field long enough to score 34 points a game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:39 pm

Your assuming we play well every week. What about the weeks we don't play well. What if tony has a few of his unexplained turn overs or fumbles from others? what do we do when we play good defensive teams and don't move the ball well or have a hard time moving the ball? What happens on weeks we don't show up which happens often when you don't have a coach that exist because he is Jerry's yes man? I've seen this dog and pony show for many years with many teams. this team and defense won't fly. another 4-12 season is on the horizon. I don't ever recall a great, high powered offense with a ****, crappy-assed defense ever go anywhere. You must be happy though Mr. B. You got your rebuild future LB for the 2017 season. Like I said before the draft, we only have 3 players on defense as of now, providing they stay healthy, ha ha.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Your assuming we play well every week. What about the weeks we don't play well. What if tony has a few of his unexplained turn overs or fumbles from others? what do we do when we play good defensive teams and don't move the ball well or have a hard time moving the ball? What happens on weeks we don't show up which happens often when you don't have a coach that exist because he is Jerry's yes man? I've seen this dog and pony show for many years with many teams. this team and defense won't fly. another 4-12 season is on the horizon. I don't ever recall a great, high powered offense with a ****, crappy-assed defense ever go anywhere. You must be happy though Mr. B. You got your rebuild future LB for the 2017 season. Like I said before the draft, we only have 3 players on defense as of now, providing they stay healthy, ha ha.

You're assuming our offense is going to be crap.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#56 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Not at all. I think the offense will be top 3, BARRING INJURIES. We know we will get some of those. our the one that has spelled , not us. But I know our defense is going to suck. Common sense also tells me this team won't carry this defense for all 16 games. Like I said, they will have some bad games. Romo always has 4 games every year, that still to this day, makes us shake our heads at times. Elliot, Dez and some of the other guys will have their mistakes and fumbles. Are you comfortable with the fact that there always comes a time and a stretch or two when we have to count on the defense to hold fort and bail out the offense once in a while. When I look at it that way, I say hell no.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 5, 2016 11:52 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Our current Defensive line status is in a very serious situation. We may be in trouble.

I see a couple days ago Steven said they have moved on from Hardy and have no interest whatsoever in resigning him. Glad to hear that because I'm totally with you on this one. Even if it hurts a bit, its time to clean up the high risk, low character players and cancers.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 5, 2016 11:55 pm

Whether its a cancer, curse or some kind of jinx, Jerry has brought something here that isn't working.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#59 » by Mr B » Sat May 7, 2016 3:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

I see a couple days ago Steven said they have moved on from Hardy and have no interest whatsoever in resigning him. Glad to hear that because I'm totally with you on this one. Even if it hurts a bit, its time to clean up the high risk, low character players and cancers.

They also gave his jersey number to an UDFA.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#60 » by Mr B » Sat May 7, 2016 3:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Not at all. I think the offense will be top 3, BARRING INJURIES. We know we will get some of those. our the one that has spelled , not us. But I know our defense is going to suck. Common sense also tells me this team won't carry this defense for all 16 games. Like I said, they will have some bad games. Romo always has 4 games every year, that still to this day, makes us shake our heads at times. Elliot, Dez and some of the other guys will have their mistakes and fumbles. Are you comfortable with the fact that there always comes a time and a stretch or two when we have to count on the defense to hold fort and bail out the offense once in a while. When I look at it that way, I say hell no.

The defense is still going to have some serious issues. They've added 4 solid rotation guys to the DL though. I'm anxious to see what Marinelli can do with them.

Return to Dallas Cowboys