Moderator: HMFFL

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: 2016 NFL Draft 

Post#41 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:28 am

We didn't reach on Joseph at all.
Ward may have been a reach though.

Love that we've focused on defense this draft. No point in waiting to build it. Make the bully.

What's more interesting is that we have Aldon Smith coming back around Week 10???
Reggie said he wouldnt affect our draft board. Boom, Shilique Calhoun in the 3rd round.
So many pass rushers on this team.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#42 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:12 am

All these pass rushers getting drafted has gotta cast doubt on Mario Edwards Jr.'s return

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#43 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Some interesting selections today, & we traded up for a QB. So far, so good, imo.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#44 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Trading up for a QB - is McGloin getting traded?

"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#45 » by Neddy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:Trading up for a QB - is McGloin getting traded?

I was thinking the same thing.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#46 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 1, 2016 12:11 am

Been a pretty good draft. Not sure it's a homerun like 2014 and 2015.

But I do like Joseph (and I had my eyes on him from the beginning).
I like everything I'm seeing and reading about Ward as he wasnt on my radar before.
I'm happy with Washington and getting him in the 5th round.
And Vadal Alexander is great value in the 7th. Unbelievable he fell that far.

Dunno what to think about Cook.
Great value early in the 4th. But Carr is a young QB that isn't quite accomplished yet and I don't want him looking over his shoulder.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#47 » by Neddy » Sun May 1, 2016 2:04 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Been a pretty good draft. Not sure it's a homerun like 2014 and 2015.

But I do like Joseph (and I had my eyes on him from the beginning).
I like everything I'm seeing and reading about Ward as he wasnt on my radar before.
I'm happy with Washington and getting him in the 5th round.
And Vadal Alexander is great value in the 7th. Unbelievable he fell that far.

Dunno what to think about Cook.
Great value early in the 4th. But Carr is a young QB that isn't quite accomplished yet and I don't want him looking over his shoulder.

I agree with Joseph. I had interest in him before the draft and even though I still think we reached a bit and he may or may not be 100% or ever be the same, his college film was impressive and we can really use a stand out SS.

again, before the draft, I told my wife I felt bad for the kid for having such an idiot mom to name him Ji-Had. I know it is pronounced Juh-hahd but seriously, Jihad? when I was reading through and catching up on all the draft scouting profiles and when I came across that name, I was thinking "on boy I hope this kid doesn't get drafted to some southern red-neck state... glad he is with us in the westcoast where people are not morons but he was still a reach. I trust in Reggie though, he did the same with Mario Edwards Jr last season.

I really like Shilique Calhoun. I just am not sure where he will play. as of now, if everyone is healthy and not suspended, Aldon Smith and Kalhil Mack are the DEs in 4-3? with Bruce and Shilique being the OLB? in 3-4, I am assuming, if healthy, Edwards Jr and Eliis at DE with Mack and Irving as OLB. maybe I need more info from more football inclined minds around here as I am a baseball guy, but who is our MLB/ILB???

Connor Cook was a head scratcher, especially trading up for him. hope he is better than Tyler Wilson.

DeAndre Washington... I dunno. seems a lot like Helu Jr to me, hopefully he can take some load from Murray. was counting on someone who can split the load rather than just a third down back as we already have Helu.

Cory James... I have no idea who he even is. sounds like a versatile LB and hope along with Ben Heeney, he is somebody who can be our ILB. but sounds more like a pass rusher. with 3 pass rushers we just drafted, I am guessing Edwards JR 's career is... questionable.

Vadal Alexander, truthfully never seen him play what so ever, but reading up on his scouting profile I am happy to get a guy with such high praises to fall to us in the 7th round. he sounds like the type we can plug in everywhere other than C on OL. played RT, then LG, and back to RT. didn't do so well in the combine where he was one of the slowest to clock in at 40 dash, but come on he is a 6-5 330 pound lineman. speed should simply be irrelevant.

overall, I trust in Reggie.
ehhhhh f it.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#48 » by Twinkie defense » Mon May 2, 2016 9:45 pm

Neddy wrote:

McGloin will be an unrestricted free agent next year, maybe it's just about getting his replacement ready...
Neddy
RealGM

Post#49 » by Neddy » Wed May 4, 2016 4:32 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
Neddy wrote:

McGloin will be an unrestricted free agent next year, maybe it's just about getting his replacement ready...

this is probably the more likely scenario, but would love to get something back for Matt if we can before he is let go for free.
ehhhhh f it.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#50 » by HMFFL » Thu May 5, 2016 1:53 pm

Neddy
RealGM

Post#51 » by Neddy » Sat May 7, 2016 6:59 pm

that Washington Post report was terrible.
no doubt that reporter has little to no clue as of what he is talking about....

but WP is still better than Washingron Times.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders