ImageImageImageImageImage

Greatest raptor ever Kyle Lowry

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Chad_Warden
Junior
And1: 286

Re: Re: Re: Greatest raptor ever Kyle Lowry 

Post#181 » by Chad_Warden » Wed May 18, 2016 3:30 am

Rasho is god wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:
Rasho is god wrote:
Chad Warden is in Shambles from this ownage.

Apparently you are illiterate. He mentioned "heart" first. Read the thread in order. He mentioned "heart" when he said something stupid about Vince having the heart of a tinman. I hadn't mentioned the word once in the entire thread before that.

That was not danny that was small gainz. You are the one who can't read.

Says the illiterate.
Chad_Warden
Junior

Re: Greatest raptor ever Kyle Lowry 

Post#182 » by Chad_Warden » Wed May 18, 2016 3:36 am

Vince_Carter15 wrote:Carter would of quit on us a long time ago.

You mean like Lowry quit on this team in the 2015 playoffs? At least he appeared to quit. His play didn't show any evidence of effort.

Nor did his play tonight for that matter. He kept chucking threes even though they weren't falling and didn't get to the basket once.
Rasho is god
Bench Warmer
And1: 654

Post#183 » by Rasho is god » Wed May 18, 2016 3:37 am

Chad_Warden wrote:
Rasho is god wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:

Apparently you are illiterate. He mentioned "heart" first. Read the thread in order. He mentioned "heart" when he said something stupid about Vince having the heart of a tinman. I hadn't mentioned the word once in the entire thread before that.

Says the illiterate.

You could not follow the conversation you were in and got confused. It is ok man. No need to be petty.
Chad_Warden
Junior

Post#184 » by Chad_Warden » Wed May 18, 2016 3:39 am

Rasho is god wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:
Rasho is god wrote:

Says the illiterate.

You could not follow the conversation you were in and got confused. It is ok man. No need to be petty.

You could not follow the conversation either. If you could you would have realized that it didn't involve you, and wouldn't have butted in. It is ok man. No need to be petty.
Rasho is god
Bench Warmer
And1: 654

Post#185 » by Rasho is god » Wed May 18, 2016 3:41 am

Chad_Warden wrote:
Rasho is god wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:

Says the illiterate.

You could not follow the conversation either. If you could you would have realized that it didn't involve you, and wouldn't have butted in. It is ok man. No need to be petty.

Relax. Remember it is Kyle who you illogically hate not me.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,345

Post#186 » by Johnny Bball » Wed May 18, 2016 3:45 am

Chad_Warden wrote:

You mean like Lowry quit on this team in the 2015 playoffs? At least he appeared to quit. His play didn't show any evidence of effort.

Nor did his play tonight for that matter. He kept chucking threes even though they weren't falling and didn't get to the basket once.

Lol. Lowry was **** tonight but this post is beyond one of the dumbest posts of the year.
Chad_Warden
Junior

Post#187 » by Chad_Warden » Wed May 18, 2016 3:45 am

Rasho is god wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:
Rasho is god wrote:

Relax. Remember it is Kyle who you illogically hate not me.

No. I do not "hate" Kyle. You just made that up. As you've made up everything you've said about me.
Chad_Warden
Junior

Post#188 » by Chad_Warden » Wed May 18, 2016 3:46 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:

Lol. Lowry was **** tonight but this post is beyond one of the dumbest posts of the year.

No, you're right. Kyle Lowry was brilliant in the 2015 playoffs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#189 » by Johnny Bball » Wed May 18, 2016 3:49 am

Chad_Warden wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:

No, you're right. Kyle Lowry was brilliant in the 2015 playoffs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

keep lolling all the way to looking like an epic donkey by saying its because he quit.
Chad_Warden
Junior

Post#190 » by Chad_Warden » Wed May 18, 2016 3:52 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

keep lolling all the way to looking like an epic donkey by saying its because he quit.

When someone plays we below their capabilities, they quit. Donkey.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#191 » by Johnny Bball » Wed May 18, 2016 3:56 am

Chad_Warden wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:

if you look at it like a simpleton. I'm done with you.
Chad_Warden
Junior

Post#192 » by Chad_Warden » Wed May 18, 2016 4:01 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

if you look at it like a simpleton. I'm done with you.

I never asked your simpleton ass to join in the conversation to begin with. It was you who butted in, not me.
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,421

Post#193 » by bballsparkin » Wed May 18, 2016 5:56 am

Place a prime VC in this game and I'm thinking he can step up to the big stage with the likes of Lebron. Sure he'd be over-shadowed. Yet his presence will be felt regardless. Yes Lowry is the heart of this team and plays well even in shooting slumps. But number two on the Raps list seems like a fair placement to me.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,685

Post#194 » by Badonkadonk » Wed May 18, 2016 6:41 am

People trying to rewrite the narrative on Vince in a fan forum is funny. Reality is, he's viewed as a waste of talent who never fully made the sacrifices needed to perform at the level he was capable of with the Raps. It's a shame. With less apathy, he could have been an all time great.

Instead, a quick search on Vince's potential reveals how a neutral public views him:

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/5-nba-players-with-wasted-talent/ (Dime Mag)
http://grantland.com/features/the-unfortunate-tale-t-mac/ (Bill Simmons: "two of the biggest talent wastes ever (Shawn Kemp and Vince Carter")
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/387319-gods-gift-thrown-away-like-trash

Vince's own words: ""I was fortunate to have the talent. . . . You get spoiled when you're able to do a lot of things. You see that you don't have to work at it. Now, with the all the injuries, I have to work harder. I'm a little hungrier. Getting a fresh start has made me want to attack the basket."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/carter-admission-hurts-alston-says/article18181314/

I used to defend him all the time. I'm over it. Results are results.
Chad_Warden
Junior

Post#195 » by Chad_Warden » Wed May 18, 2016 11:30 am

You're right. Results are results. And results for players (as opposed to teams) are measured by stats. And VC's stats in the 2001 playoffs were WAY better than Lowry's stats in the 2016 playoffs. Hell, VC put up better stats in the 2000 playoffs than Lowry in the 2016 playoffs.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#196 » by Danny1616 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:17 pm

Chad_Warden wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:
Vince showed more heart in the 50 pt. Game against Philly than Lowry has shown in his entire Raptors career.

Hey buddy, am I the guy that brought up heart first? This is the message I responded to. You explicitly stated Carter showed more heart in that 50 point game then Lowry showed his entire career.

Case closed.

Yes "buddy". Can you not read. My comment about Carter showing more hard in one game than Lowry in his entire career was in response to you saying

Vince is a true one way player with the heart of the Tinman.

YOU mentioned "heart" first with that statement. I hadn't mentioned that nonsense concept once before that.

Case closed.

Learn to read...I never said that - it was a different poster. I was responding to you.

Case closed - learn to read.
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#197 » by Danny1616 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Chad_Warden wrote:You're right. Results are results. And results for players (as opposed to teams) are measured by stats. And VC's stats in the 2001 playoffs were WAY better than Lowry's stats in the 2016 playoffs. Hell, VC put up better stats in the 2000 playoffs than Lowry in the 2016 playoffs.

Nobody here argued that Carter is not a better offensive threat then Lowry.

Lowry is easily the better 'overall' player. I never said he's the better offensive player. That is why is he leads the playoffs in deflections, loose ball recoveries and is among the leaders in taking charges. Until last nights game he led the playoffs in point net differential, highlighting how valuable he is in the league.
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#198 » by gamer4Life » Wed May 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:You're right. Results are results. And results for players (as opposed to teams) are measured by stats. And VC's stats in the 2001 playoffs were WAY better than Lowry's stats in the 2016 playoffs. Hell, VC put up better stats in the 2000 playoffs than Lowry in the 2016 playoffs.

Lowry is easily the better 'overall' player. I never said he's the better offensive player. That is why is he leads the playoffs in deflections, loose ball recoveries and is among the leaders in taking charges. Until last nights game he led the playoffs in point net differential, highlighting how valuable he is in the league.

The value of someone is measured in dollars during free agency. 2001 VC would command max salary from every team in the league. Can't say the same for Lowry if he were a free agent this off season.
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#199 » by Danny1616 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:50 pm

gamer4Life wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:

The value of someone is measured in dollars during free agency. 2001 VC would command max salary from every team in the league. Can't say the same for Lowry if he were a free agent this off season.

Demar is also going to make the max this off-season, does that make him better then Lowry?

Vince was a great player, nobody here saying otherwise. The value of someone is not measured by how much they make...that is the dumbest statement I've ever heard. Carmelo makes more then Lebron. A couple years back Joe Johnson made more then Lebron. Heck, Dwight Howard is still one of the highest paid players in the league.

And of course Lowry wouldn't get the max - he's 30 years old, lol. If he was 25-26 years there is no doubt he would.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,685

Post#200 » by Badonkadonk » Wed May 18, 2016 2:27 pm

gamer4Life wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:

Vince was 24 and entering his 3rd season in 2001, of course he'd get the max. Lowry would get the max this summer if he were a FA. Players who contributed less than Lowry will get the max (JVG raised the idea of Batum getting the max on Lowe's podcast). That's just a function of having a salary cap where individual earnings are capped well below what they would normally get in an open market (i.e. Lebron and Steph are worth way more than Kyle, but all are subject to cap rules).

Return to Toronto Raptors