ImageImageImageImageImage

Greatest raptor ever Kyle Lowry

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,546

Re: Greatest raptor ever Kyle Lowry 

Post#201 » by baller16 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:57 pm

gamer4Life wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:You're right. Results are results. And results for players (as opposed to teams) are measured by stats. And VC's stats in the 2001 playoffs were WAY better than Lowry's stats in the 2016 playoffs. Hell, VC put up better stats in the 2000 playoffs than Lowry in the 2016 playoffs.

Nobody here argued that Carter is not a better offensive threat then Lowry.

Lowry is easily the better 'overall' player. I never said he's the better offensive player. That is why is he leads the playoffs in deflections, loose ball recoveries and is among the leaders in taking charges. Until last nights game he led the playoffs in point net differential, highlighting how valuable he is in the league.

The value of someone is measured in dollars during free agency. 2001 VC would command max salary from every team in the league. Can't say the same for Lowry if he were a free agent this off season.

Congradulations. You just posted the dumbest post of the day. If your strictly just looking at the money a player makes in FA to determine their value, you're clueless af. Does DMC and TT ring a bell for you?
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#202 » by gamer4Life » Wed May 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Some Vince haters need to learn to read - EVERY TEAM would have offered Vince the max. Only a few teams, if any, would offer Derozan or Lowry the max. When every GM would offer a player the max, that player is obviously more valuable in the league.
Rasho is god
Bench Warmer
And1: 654

Post#203 » by Rasho is god » Wed May 18, 2016 5:30 pm

gamer4Life wrote:Some Vince haters need to learn to read - EVERY TEAM would have offered Vince the max. Only a few teams, if any, would offer Derozan or Lowry the max. When every GM would offer a player the max, that player is obviously more valuable in the league.

First of all, every team would offer Lowry and DD the max or close to it. They would have to at least if they wanted to sign then. If only a few teams would do it, then every team would have to. That is simple supply and demand. Vince's apparent better value however in the monetary sense comes from him being a more exciting player. People would come to games just to see him dunk. That is more ticket sales and better tv and advertising money. However that has nothing to do with who is the better player. Just who can make more money for their team and the league.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#204 » by seanbig » Fri May 20, 2016 3:16 am

Sorry guys amazing what not showing up 2 games in a row will do -my bad
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
Knucknbuc
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,732

Post#205 » by Knucknbuc » Fri May 20, 2016 3:25 am

Not only did he not showup this dude personally took himself out at a critical moment of the game bec hE sucked. Dude is Bitch made. If he's the greatest then history is ****.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#206 » by basketball royalty » Fri May 20, 2016 3:30 am

Knucknbuc wrote:Not only did he not showup this dude personally took himself out at a critical moment of the game bec hE sucked. Dude is Bitch made. If he's the greatest then history is ****.

Hand in your fan card. Or go to whatever board you belong to.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
props to Turbozone for the sig
xshingox
Ballboy
And1: 57

Post#207 » by xshingox » Fri May 20, 2016 3:49 am

I'm disappointed in Kyle to be honest, this slump and on and off performance isn't really what a all-star should look like in the playoffs.
With that said, Demar isn't that far off...
triple_threat
Veteran
And1: 2,045

Post#208 » by triple_threat » Fri May 20, 2016 3:54 am

basketball royalty wrote:
Knucknbuc wrote:Not only did he not showup this dude personally took himself out at a critical moment of the game bec hE sucked. Dude is Bitch made. If he's the greatest then history is ****.

Take your homer goggles off and realize Lowry is a choke artist. It's time to hang up #15.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#209 » by Kabookalu » Fri May 20, 2016 4:00 am

Lost all respect for Lowry after saying he went to the locker room to decompress. Wow.
Read on Twitter
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#210 » by basketball royalty » Fri May 20, 2016 4:01 am

triple_threat wrote:

Take your homer goggles off and realize Lowry is a choke artist. It's time to hang up #15.

Vince Carter has done far worse to this franchise than Kyle Lowrys performance thus far in the ECF. Which isn't over I might add. This is the day to day bi-polar what have you done for me lately attitude. You're the same type of people that turned on VC after missing that shot after going to his graduation which led to the downward spiral and his eventually quitting on the team.

basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#211 » by basketball royalty » Fri May 20, 2016 4:06 am

Choker wrote:Lost all respect for Lowry after saying he went to the locker room to decompress. Wow.

Maybe he was ready to rip a refs head off and it was best for him to get out of there?

I mean you guys are quick to hang our best players at your first opportunity. DD is hitting some shots so he isn't as hunted but that is all you people do.

The longer JV is out the safer he is. Powell is a superstar, at least until he gets minutes then if he makes a mistake or doesn't play like a superstar he's got a bounty on his head. Bunch of savages.

Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,065

Post#212 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri May 20, 2016 4:07 am

Choker wrote:Lost all respect for Lowry after saying he went to the locker room to decompress. Wow.

lol
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#213 » by Kabookalu » Fri May 20, 2016 4:09 am

Maybe he was ready to rip a refs head off and it was best for him to get out of there?

I mean you guys are quick to hang our best players at your first opportunity. DD is hitting some shots so he isn't as hunted but that is all you people do.

The longer JV is out the safer he is. Powell is a superstar, at least until he gets minutes then if he makes a mistake or doesn't play like a superstar he's got a bounty on his head. Bunch of savages.

You're the team's best player. You don't abandon your team, even for a few minutes, to take a breather. If you're playing like crap and need to sit yourself out, you better be cheering your ass off and waving a towel around. I actually hate the revolving door nature of this fanbase myself, but what Lowry did was pure utter crap.

Read on Twitter
Chad_Warden
Junior
And1: 286

Post#214 » by Chad_Warden » Fri May 20, 2016 4:13 am

triple_threat wrote:
basketball royalty wrote:Hand in your fan card. Or go to whatever board you belong to.

Vince Carter has done far worse to this franchise than Kyle Lowrys performance thus far in the ECF. Which isn't over I might add. This is the day to day bi-polar what have you done for me lately attitude. You're the same type of people that turned on VC after missing that shot after going to his graduation which led to the downward spiral and his eventually quitting on the team.

No. VC never played as poorly as Kyle is playing right now. Not even close. And don't take my word for it. Check the stats.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#215 » by LJKO » Fri May 20, 2016 4:26 am

People need to relax and stop calling out our players when they playing like sh!!t; what do you expect the outcome will be after making to the ECF that we can walk in and breeze threw the cavs? This is a poised Lebron Frigging James and his Cavs if we cant win then so be it nothing to cry about because we got swept and blowout; this is a magical season let's embrace that we even made it this far with this roster and we can get better :nod:
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#216 » by basketball royalty » Fri May 20, 2016 4:32 am

Chad_Warden wrote:
triple_threat wrote:

No. VC never played as poorly as Kyle is playing right now. Not even close. And don't take my word for it. Check the stats.

Which stats? And by right now do you mean this game? This series? These playoffs?

Before VC was traded he put up 15pts a game. After 26? He bailed on the team and you want him to be considered the GOAT Raptor? Sorry but I cannot agree. I've given up the VC hate but as they say you can forgive but never forget.

Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#217 » by Geddy » Fri May 20, 2016 4:32 am

If Carter or Bosh went to the locker room to "decompress" in the middle of a game the pitchforks would be out here en masse
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#218 » by basketball royalty » Fri May 20, 2016 4:37 am

Geddy wrote:If Carter or Bosh went to the locker room to "decompress" in the middle of a game the pitchforks would be out here en masse

You're saying that as if they won't be in this case.

BBallG
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,749

Post#219 » by BBallG » Fri May 20, 2016 4:41 am

Geddy wrote:If Carter or Bosh went to the locker room to "decompress" in the middle of a game the pitchforks would be out here en masse

You're saying that as if they won't be in this case.

You'll have to agree though, that was a weird thing to do. I don't think I've ever seen that before, especially not from a leading player in the playoffs....
Chad_Warden
Junior
And1: 286

Post#220 » by Chad_Warden » Fri May 20, 2016 4:52 am

Chad_Warden wrote:
basketball royalty wrote:Vince Carter has done far worse to this franchise than Kyle Lowrys performance thus far in the ECF. Which isn't over I might add. This is the day to day bi-polar what have you done for me lately attitude. You're the same type of people that turned on VC after missing that shot after going to his graduation which led to the downward spiral and his eventually quitting on the team.

Which stats? And by right now do you mean this game? This series? These playoffs?

Before VC was traded he put up 15pts a game. After 26? He bailed on the team and you want him to be considered the GOAT Raptor? Sorry but I cannot agree. I've given up the VC hate but as they say you can forgive but never forget.

Take your pick. These playoffs...this series....this game.....his overall playoff stats with the Raptors....his overall playoff career stats.

They're terrible across the board.

Return to Toronto Raptors