ImageImageImageImageImage

Greatest raptor ever Kyle Lowry

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rejected
Veteran
And1: 2,741

Re: Greatest raptor ever Kyle Lowry 

Post#221 » by Rejected » Fri May 20, 2016 4:57 am

Lowry came out of the game when he normally does. He was obviously frusterated as he should be cuz he was sucking balls when we coulda really used some plays from him to gain some separation. So, he took a walk when he went out instead of sitting on the bench. I dont really care if a player takes a walk or sits on the bench if it helps him get his **** together. I've taken frustration walks before, they help. So whatevs, dudes just gotta suck it up and play better now, period.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#222 » by basketball royalty » Fri May 20, 2016 5:01 am

Chad_Warden wrote:
basketball royalty wrote:
Chad_Warden wrote:

No. VC never played as poorly as Kyle is playing right now. Not even close. And don't take my word for it. Check the stats.

Which stats? And by right now do you mean this game? This series? These playoffs?

Before VC was traded he put up 15pts a game. After 26? He bailed on the team and you want him to be considered the GOAT Raptor? Sorry but I cannot agree. I've given up the VC hate but as they say you can forgive but never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Take your pick. These playoffs...this series....this game.....his overall playoff stats with the Raptors....his overall playoff career stats.

They're terrible across the board.

Stats aren't everything. VC was great but he quit on the team.

Do you think people in Denver are fighting to have Melo considered the GOAT Nugget? At least he demanded a trade and the Nugs got something for him of value rather than tank while we got crap.

props to Turbozone for the sig
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#223 » by basketball royalty » Fri May 20, 2016 5:07 am

BBallG wrote:
Geddy wrote:If Carter or Bosh went to the locker room to "decompress" in the middle of a game the pitchforks would be out here en masse

You're saying that as if they won't be in this case.

You'll have to agree though, that was a weird thing to do. I don't think I've ever seen that before, especially not from a leading player in the playoffs....

Well I don't know why he left? What does decompress mean? Many seem to think it means he was crying in the locker room. I would think the way things were going he was pissed off and needed to do some woosah breathing techniques to get his head right. I know myself I would have been tossed this game real quick. Maybe he went to the locker room and smashed everything in sight.

Who cares? We'll see how he responds Game 3. He didn't seem to shy away from why he went to the locker room and sounds like he believes he will do better on Saturday.

props to Turbozone for the sig
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#224 » by johanliebert » Fri May 20, 2016 5:15 am

Choker wrote:Lost all respect for Lowry after saying he went to the locker room to decompress. Wow.

Lol this board is hilarious
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#225 » by Boogie! » Fri May 20, 2016 5:29 am

if we had vince carter instead of demar derozan during these playoffs, we have a much better chance of winning this series... lowry shouldnt be relied on for heavy scoring contributions on a regular basis. he doesnt have the skillset for it. he can do it from time to time depending on matchups. but he needs an actual elite star next to him... kyle lowry is this teams best player, and that cant be the case on a legitimate title contender... as much as people wanna say demar played well this game, again, the only difference is that he made the stupid shots he took... he still continues to be a horrible facilitator, he still cant shoot 3 pointers, and is still one dimensional... this team will never get better when hes the highest usage scorer on the team who plays the 2nd most minutes and kyle lowry is the best overall player... thats what people need to realize at this point... the fact that demar cant even get by love in a 1 on 1 iso should tell you everything you need to know about his capabilities in this specific role...

lebron is one of the greatest of all time and hes going against a bunch of good role players and some defacto all-stars... not to mention, those defacto all stars are being placed in a system in which they are expected to perform like the greatest of all time to succeed... its been obvious for a while that a team like the raptors, with a bunch of solid players, lacking an elite talent, should play in a system that is more equal opportunity, better ball distribution, more movement, less ballhandling and pick and roll... it works well in the regular season against some marginal teams, but in the playoffs against actual contenders, it looks exactly like you see here...
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
BismackonLebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#226 » by BismackonLebron » Fri May 20, 2016 5:30 am

Vince is still.the greatest then Kyle then bosh then Demar. Not the most impressive list.lol
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#227 » by Kabookalu » Fri May 20, 2016 5:36 am

Rejected wrote:Lowry came out of the game when he normally does. He was obviously frusterated as he should be cuz he was sucking balls when we coulda really used some plays from him to gain some separation. So, he took a walk when he went out instead of sitting on the bench. I dont really care if a player takes a walk or sits on the bench if it helps him get his **** together. I've taken frustration walks before, they help. So whatevs, dudes just gotta suck it up and play better now, period.

You can't compare your situation to Lowry's. He's the leader of this team, the one that every player on this squad feeds off of, whether through his play or demeanor. We're tough because Lowry's tough. We gravitate around everything Lowry does. For him to walk away to get his act together outside of medical reasons, what does that do to the team morale? That was basically our human form of a white flag. We had no chance of winning that game from that point on. The grit, toughness, never wanting to lose identity we're known for disappeared. The Cavs were half asleep the rest of the game and still steamrolled over us.

I can take bad shooting games from him, and I like him staying up late at night to work out the mental kinks. But not in the heat of the game when you're trying to win. If you're not having a good game, stay on the bench for the sake of your teammates.
Read on Twitter
triple_threat
Veteran
And1: 2,045

Post#228 » by triple_threat » Fri May 20, 2016 3:22 pm

triple_threat wrote:
basketball royalty wrote:Hand in your fan card. Or go to whatever board you belong to.

Take your homer goggles off and realize Lowry is a choke artist. It's time to hang up #15.

Vince Carter has done far worse to this franchise than Kyle Lowrys performance thus far in the ECF. Which isn't over I might add. This is the day to day bi-polar what have you done for me lately attitude. You're the same type of people that turned on VC after missing that shot after going to his graduation which led to the downward spiral and his eventually quitting on the team.

I turned on VC? What the hell are you talking about bro? I said hang up # 15 lmao. The missed shot didn't lead to his downward spiral by the way. Rob Babcock led to his downward spiral. Get your facts straight.

basketball royalty wrote:Before VC was traded he put up 15pts a game. After 26? He bailed on the team and you want him to be considered the GOAT Raptor? Sorry but I cannot agree. I've given up the VC hate but as they say you can forgive but never forget.

This many years later, you sound like a wounded puppy when it comes to VC (like half this board). Vince Carter >> Lowry, its not even debateable.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#229 » by The_Hater » Fri May 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Choker wrote:
Rejected wrote:Lowry came out of the game when he normally does. He was obviously frusterated as he should be cuz he was sucking balls when we coulda really used some plays from him to gain some separation. So, he took a walk when he went out instead of sitting on the bench. I dont really care if a player takes a walk or sits on the bench if it helps him get his **** together. I've taken frustration walks before, they help. So whatevs, dudes just gotta suck it up and play better now, period.

You can't compare your situation to Lowry's. He's the leader of this team, the one that every player on this squad feeds off of, whether through his play or demeanor. We're tough because Lowry's tough. We gravitate around everything Lowry does. For him to walk away to get his act together outside of medical reasons, what does that do to the team morale? That was basically our human form of a white flag. We had no chance of winning that game from that point on. The grit, toughness, never wanting to lose identity we're known for disappeared. The Cavs were half asleep the rest of the game and still steamrolled over us.

I can take bad shooting games from him, and I like him staying up late at night to work out the mental kinks. But not in the heat of the game when you're trying to win. If you're not having a good game, stay on the bench for the sake of your teammates.

Your stance on this is just ridiulous. It's an example of a fan just looking for any excuse to dump on a player.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#230 » by ruckus » Fri May 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Boogie! wrote:if we had vince carter instead of demar derozan during these playoffs, we have a much better chance of winning this series... lowry shouldnt be relied on for heavy scoring contributions on a regular basis. he doesnt have the skillset for it. he can do it from time to time depending on matchups. but he needs an actual elite star next to him... kyle lowry is this teams best player, and that cant be the case on a legitimate title contender... as much as people wanna say demar played well this game, again, the only difference is that he made the stupid shots he took... he still continues to be a horrible facilitator, he still cant shoot 3 pointers, and is still one dimensional... this team will never get better when hes the highest usage scorer on the team who plays the 2nd most minutes and kyle lowry is the best overall player... thats what people need to realize at this point... the fact that demar cant even get by love in a 1 on 1 iso should tell you everything you need to know about his capabilities in this specific role...

lebron is one of the greatest of all time and hes going against a bunch of good role players and some defacto all-stars... not to mention, those defacto all stars are being placed in a system in which they are expected to perform like the greatest of all time to succeed... its been obvious for a while that a team like the raptors, with a bunch of solid players, lacking an elite talent, should play in a system that is more equal opportunity, better ball distribution, more movement, less ballhandling and pick and roll... it works well in the regular season against some marginal teams, but in the playoffs against actual contenders, it looks exactly like you see here...

I know right? Like the Hawks, right?
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#231 » by seanbig » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:43 am

Forgot I made this back in the day
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,946

Post#232 » by refshateRaps » Fri Jul 5, 2019 12:51 pm

So much to like about his game but:

Game 6 finals, 1st quarter.

Hooo Man
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#233 » by SHFT » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:53 pm

LOWRY!
LOWRY!
LOWRY!

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
JamesTheRoofer
Sophomore
And1: 206

Post#234 » by JamesTheRoofer » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:27 pm

I agree! So much so, that I got a Kyle Lowry tattoo last Saturday. It’s my 3rd Raptors tattoo. Still room for more as well.
seanbig
RealGM

Post#235 » by seanbig » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:18 am

YESSS

Grape
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,247

Post#236 » by Grape » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:20 pm

The amount of people still disrespecting Lowry is actually crazy.

I was scrolling through comments on a post by @ballislife and literally a majority of people believe FVV is a much better player and that kinda pisses me off. Kyle’s been doing it for so long and just cuz FVV was amazing for a few games people literally think he’s better.

At this point Lowry is still vastly underrated and I’m getting the feel the FVV is vastly overrated as of now. FVV is still a career sub 40% shooter in the playoffs and will still be prone to droughts in the future due to his physical deficiencies. Meanwhile Lowry has been leading us for so long and is still disrespected like crazy.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#237 » by Courtside » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 pm

JamesTheRoofer wrote:I agree! So much so, that I got a Kyle Lowry tattoo last Saturday. It’s my 3rd Raptors tattoo. Still room for more as well.

Pics needed, my man. Pics.

;)
seanbig
RealGM

Post#238 » by seanbig » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:59 am

refshateRaps wrote:So much to like about his game but:

Game 6 finals, 1st quarter.

Hooo Man

It’s amazing what showing up in game 6 of the finals will do for you. It wasn’t as great as his game 7 vs the heat but man dude will no longer be labeled a choker and finally the us media will realize Lowry > demar ... which most of us knew back in 2016

team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#239 » by team edward » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:55 am

“He’s just super-competitive,” said Hayes. “We need an answer, we call Kyle Lowry. Kyle will figure it out.”

it’s been true ever since more times than not.

People that don’t like Kyle Lowry’s game don’t like basketball. Greatest raptor ever by any measure of greatness.*

* minimum 88 games played
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#240 » by sca » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:11 am

Sticky this
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina