ImageImageImageImageImage

Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Re: Hands11 caught trying to rehydrate the sponge (credit to Sluggerface) 

Post#281 » by TGW » Mon May 23, 2016 2:54 am

payitforward wrote:If Milellie really were Elle Leonsis (which I doubt very seriously), then that would prove Milellie and Hands are not the same person -- given Hands' occasional forays into how to pick up women. They were too clueless to have been written by a female.

I agree that Millelie and Hands aren't the same. But I'm sure ZaelleDC is Millelie, and I'm not sure who the hell he/she is other than a raging idiot.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#282 » by payitforward » Mon May 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Now that I see your tag line, it's obvious that Millelie can't be one of Leonsis' kids! Unless maybe the "arrogant cheapskate" bit was written when she was a teenager? :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#283 » by TGW » Mon May 23, 2016 2:44 pm

payitforward wrote:Now that I see your tag line, it's obvious that Millelie can't be one of Leonsis' kids! Unless maybe the "arrogant cheapskate" bit was written when she was a teenager? :)

lol maybe she was in her rebel stage :lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#284 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon May 23, 2016 8:49 pm

So, as I was saying (cough, cough, subliminal message - It's Doc) that when the NASDAQ is strong (cough, cough, subliminal message - It's Doc), the economy usually can survive disruptions in the Asian (cough, cough, It's Doc) markets.
In Rizzo we trust
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#285 » by AFM » Tue May 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Whats going on here?

viewtopic.php?t=1353226

Looks like ZaElle wrote a long winded post shredding Dan Snyder and then had it deleted. Hmmm.... Didn't want to get daddy in trouble with his colleagues huh.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#286 » by fishercob » Wed May 25, 2016 12:25 am

AFM wrote:Whats going on here?

viewtopic.php?t=1353226

Looks like ZaElle wrote a long winded post shredding Dan Snyder and then had it deleted. Hmmm.... Didn't want to get daddy in trouble with his colleagues huh.

Blasting nepotism would make it seem less likely that it's Ted's kin, given that Zach is now in senior management.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#287 » by TheSecretWeapon » Wed May 25, 2016 1:18 am

fishercob wrote:
AFM wrote:Whats going on here?

viewtopic.php?t=1353226

Blasting nepotism would make it seem less likely that it's Ted's kin, given that Zach is now in senior management.

Maybe Elle wanted that spot in management. :o
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
AFM
General Manager

Post#288 » by AFM » Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 am

I don't think Elle would name her own account Zach-Elle-DC.

IMO, the username points to either:

a shared account for the two of them

Ted's wife
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#289 » by fishercob » Wed May 25, 2016 1:15 pm

AFM wrote:I don't think Elle would name her own account Zach-Elle-DC.

Ted's wife

One of their nannies? Perhaps their butler or driver?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
AFM
General Manager

Post#290 » by AFM » Wed May 25, 2016 1:27 pm

fishercob wrote:
AFM wrote:I don't think Elle would name her own account Zach-Elle-DC.

Ted's wife

One of their nannies? Perhaps their butler or driver?

All of them, a la Orient Express
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#291 » by montestewart » Wed May 25, 2016 1:43 pm

It's probably a UMD PhD candidate, getting a lot of action from her behavioral science experiments. I often thought Hands was just performing a study of internet responses. This is probably just a new segment of the study.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#292 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu May 26, 2016 12:53 am

COD s'ti
In Rizzo we trust
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#293 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu May 26, 2016 7:07 pm

One thing this thread has done is turn Millie into a ghost. Too bad, too. He (she?) always added color to the board.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#294 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri May 27, 2016 2:52 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:One thing this thread has done is turn Millie into a ghost. Too bad, too. He (she?) always added color to the board.

Imagine
This

Item
Sans

Donors
Occupants, or
Clients
In Rizzo we trust
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#295 » by doclinkin » Sun May 29, 2016 3:50 am

ZaElle is Ted. That part is clear. That's the part I love about having Leonsis as an owner and what I was most looking forward to when he took over the team. The idea that we could engage with a forward thinking owner who night recognize the value of crowd sourced intelligence. The way our Intelligence agencies do.

I do think we always have to realize that in part Ted is protecting the brand. So his voiced opinion may sometimes have spin. If the team loses money, if the fanbase loses faith, then the front office loses flexibility to make moves when they have to. Okay some of those moves are things like paying a coach you have to fire, or paying to get rid of Andray Blatche. Those moves are kicking kitty litter over a lump, but still, things like advanced camera systems cost real world dollars. Exceeding the cap by a large amount or paying lux tax would cost real money of the rewards were worth it, if we were close.

But this is a business, a team, a City with a dangerously fickle fanbase. We are the diehards, we tend not to go away, he can count on our votes, but consider how much of his building is filled by casual fans, transient fans, folks whose core loyalties were forged far from DC. Lobbyist boxes, those dollars can be spent somewhere else if the narrative of the team is 'perennial hopeless case' and 'laughingstock'. So dollars get spent, moves get made, to keep us at least mediocre. And Ted smoothly assures the general public there's a plan and and things are going well, and strike up the band on the Titanic. We know better because we're not even in steerage class, we're mooks in the boiler room hired to shovel coal into engines that are filling with water. Nothing he says will change our opinion all that much. The building is filled with pleasure cruise types more than internet trolls. Hell half the dudes on this board are posting from Australia or Poland or China or Estonia or roll call, check in, where you from?

So recall always that sometimes Ted has to gild a turd and tell you it's a pure ingot.

But the fact that he listens is not bad. We end up landing Morris Almond and a few other minor moves that were made, where it was a position intelligently advocated by a respected poster here and there, and it made me wonder if in fact the team did listen some. Sadly you can't crowdsource the entire GM job. Just make suggestions here and there.

But occasionally its got to be nice to hear a voice speak on behalf of the team, maybe turn the tide of public opinion or at least give room for a sunnier outlook. Nice to have a millie on board every now and again.
AFM
General Manager

Post#296 » by AFM » Sun May 29, 2016 3:53 am

It would be really cool if Ted posted a photo holding a sign saying "yes I'm Zaelle"

Greatest owner ever
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#297 » by pineappleheadindc » Sun May 29, 2016 4:01 am

doclinkin wrote:ZaElle is Ted. That part is clear. That's the part I love about having Leonsis as an owner and what I was most looking forward to when he took over the team. The idea that we could engage with a forward thinking owner who night recognize the value of crowd sourced intelligence. The way our Intelligence agencies do.

I do think we always have to realize that in part Ted is protecting the brand. So his voiced opinion may sometimes have spin. If the team loses money, if the fanbase loses faith, then the front office loses flexibility to make moves when they have to. Okay some of those moves are things like paying a coach you have to fire, or paying to get rid of Andray Blatche. Those moves are kicking kitty litter over a lump, but still, things like advanced camera systems cost real world dollars. Exceeding the cap by a large amount or paying lux tax would cost real money of the rewards were worth it, if we were close.

But this is a business, a team, a City with a dangerously fickle fanbase. We are the diehards, we tend not to go away, he can count on our votes, but consider how much of his building is filled by casual fans, transient fans, folks whose core loyalties were forged far from DC. Lobbyist boxes, those dollars can be spent somewhere else if the narrative of the team is 'perennial hopeless case' and 'laughingstock'. So dollars get spent, moves get made, to keep us at least mediocre. And Ted smoothly assures the general public there's a plan and and things are going well, and strike up the band on the Titanic. We know better because we're not even in steerage class, we're mooks in the boiler room hired to shovel coal into engines that are filling with water. Nothing he says will change our opinion all that much. The building is filled with pleasure cruise types more than internet trolls. Hell half the dudes on this board are posting from Australia or Poland or China or Estonia or roll call, check in, where you from?

So recall always that sometimes Ted has to gild a turd and tell you it's a pure ingot.

But the fact that he listens is not bad. We end up landing Morris Almond and a few other minor moves that were made, where it was a position intelligently advocated by a respected poster here and there, and it made me wonder if in fact the team did listen some. Sadly you can't crowdsource the entire GM job. Just make suggestions here and there.

But occasionally its got to be nice to hear a voice speak on behalf of the team, maybe turn the tide of public opinion or at least give room for a sunnier outlook. Nice to have a millie on board every now and again.

Yes, doc, it's nice to have you around. But hmmmm, now I'm wondering if --

Millie = doc = Ted?

:nod:

--Confucius

- Yoda
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#298 » by montestewart » Sun May 29, 2016 4:14 am

Doc! Fire EGg! That can't be too hard to spin, can it? "...to spend more time with his family," should do it. Anyone who thinks he's a good GM will believe anything.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#299 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun May 29, 2016 4:17 am

Has anyone ever seen Doc and Milllieeiee posting at the same time?

#itisdoc
In Rizzo we trust
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#300 » by pineappleheadindc » Sun May 29, 2016 4:27 am

Please Ted....errrr, I mean doc. Fire Ernie and you can have Miller's moderator slot.

:nod:

--Confucius

- Yoda

Return to Washington Wizards