So Las Vegas Could Really Happen

Moderator: HMFFL

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

So Las Vegas Could Really Happen 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 27, 2016 7:03 am

Mark Davis has pledged his efforts to Vegas.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s818KLU6Dkg[/youtube]

Sorry Oakland bros.
I'm used to my Raiders not being near. Vegas is actually closer to LA, so I will be a fan if this goes down.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,722

Re: So Las Vegas Could Really Happen 

Post#2 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri May 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Yeah, I am totally unsure of my feelings, I've lived all 38 years of my life in London, Ontario & I've always been a Raiders fan.
No matter where they are I will always root for the Raiders! #SILVERANDBLACKATTACK! Raiders for life!

I am sure for most of you who live close or are in Oakland it's tough.

If the Toronto Raptors ever had to move, I'd be pissed for sure!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 2, 2016 4:08 am

I've lived in Las Vegas.
I can handle a move to Las Vegas to compared to other cities with LA being the other exception.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Last Friday-Sunday I was in Las Vegas and I looked over the site that our beloved Raiders would be located if we indeed move.
It's fenced in and just off the strip.
However, the site is only big enough for a stadium, and won't have any parking located on it.

I told friends over a year ago that Vegas would get an NHL team. After last week and being behind the scenes at the T-Mobile arena, I believe an NBA team is going to happen during the near future, and a WNBA team. I went inside what would be the home teams NBA locker room.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:16 pm

First Raiders Las Vegas stadium renderings have very familiar look about them

Whenever a team looks to move, the renderings are soon to follow. There were even renderings for the stadium St Louis wanted to build for the Rams who were intent on leaving town.

So, of course, with the SNTIC set to meet today, renderings of what the proposed stadium will look like have been 'revealed' by ESPN senior writer, Arash Markazi. And there’s something VERY familiar about them. http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2016/8/25/12645026/first-oakland-raiders-las-vegas-stadium-renderings-have-very-familiar-look-about-them
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:20 am

We have filed for trademark rights to become the Las Vegas Raiders.
I tried to paste the link but Forbes wants you and I to sign-up as a member to read the article.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#8 » by bleu » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:01 am

It seems like the majority of Raiders fans would probably be pretty upset about this, would many of you guys continue to support the Raiders if they do move? I understand what the Raiders mean to the city of Oakland, and it would be strange not having them there, but selfishly I would love it if they moved to Vegas because that would make it much easier for me to make it to NFL games every now and then.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,722

Post#9 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:30 pm

Yeah, again I am in London, Ontario Canada but I've never ever rooted for any other NFL team.
I honestly will cheer for the Raiders wherever they go, I mean if the Toronto Raptors if ever moved that's a different story.
So I don't know how I feel or think about this as of yet. :(
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Not looking good
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#11 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:16 am

I hope Raiders can stay in Oakland but understand the financial pressures here, when one city will put up three quarters of a billion dollars to build you a state of the art stadium and the other city wants you to go it alone. And I understand why Oakland taxpayers would not want to fund rich people's playthings. There is a ring to "Vegas Raiders" though and I will continue to follow them if they move - and sounds like a good excuse for a weekend trip to Las Vegas.

Mostly I want them to start doing it on the field again! Wherever they are playing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,714

Post#12 » by metafisical » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:57 pm

http://www.timescolonist.com/business/jackpot-vegas-looks-to-score-big-win-by-landing-raiders-1.7971861

Looks like a first big step has been taken.

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - First the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights. Soon, maybe, the Las Vegas Raiders.

Once looked on with disdain by major sports leagues, this gambling city is now just 24 votes away from cashing in on one of the biggest sports jackpots ever.

The Raiders made it official Thursday by filing for relocation from Oakland to Las Vegas, the culmination of a whirlwind romance to bring an NFL team to a city that the league had previously gone out of its way to shun because of sports betting fears.

League owners are expected to vote on the move in March, and it's hard to find anyone betting it won't happen.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#13 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Let's all take a moment and thank the people who are truly responsible for this.

Big shout out to Libby Schaff, mayor of Oakland, for throwing together some of the worst proposals I've ever heard of. She wanted the Raiders to essentially pay for the privilege of playing in the great city of Oakland, all while making it seem to voters that she was really trying.

Another shout out goes to the San Francisco tekkies, who have infiltrated my former hometown of Oakland and are doing all they can to gentrify it into the image of downtown SF. Of course, they are steering far clear of International and Seminary, but are throwing significant money at the city to shut down any attempts to keep the Raiders or Warriors. They are throwing enough money at the the city that Larry Ellison (CEO of Oracle, who leases the Oracle Arena - the Warriors' home) has been rumored to let his lease on the Oracle Arena expire, and will let someone else try and lease it as a venue when their lease expires (2019). Also of note, and more political than anything, big props to those same people who are fighting FOR the largest rent increase in the greater Bay Area's history in Oakland.

But biggest shout out - and unlike the other 2, I really mean this one - to Mark Davis. 3 years of the same proposal from the city of Oakland, and their last one was the worst yet. From the people I know in the know, he really, really wanted the team to stay in Oakland. He considered it his legacy to not be like his dad and move the team around a lot. But in the end, you cant sacrifice hundreds of millions just to please the fans. We're looking at the Las Vegas Raiders in 2020, and while that sucks that I wont be able to attend games anymore, I get it. And I sure as hell do not blame Mark Davis for what has happened. The Raiders are a borderline elite team right now. They deserve a functional, non-s**t-covered stadium that they share with a baseball team.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:48 pm

Las Vegas here we come.

I feel bad for Oakland fans that their team is leaving their home town once again.
But if you're not coming with, that's where my sympathy stops.

Can't wait.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#15 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:30 pm

I hate seeing teams leave cities. Having lost the Sonics. My condolences go out to all the Oakland fans!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 6, 2017 3:05 pm

I spend most of my time in Atlanta and Las Vegas.
This move excites me greatly and the opportunity for the team is huge.
I'd love to know what Al Davis really thinks of all of this.
However, I intend on making my deposit for season tickets during the near future.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders