Cup rings

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Cup rings 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Sun May 8, 2016 6:22 pm

Does anyone have a list of years that the Stanley Cup winners didn't get rings? I'm looking for the 1938 Blackhawks ring online but can't find any info, not even a picture of it. I'm wondering if 1938 was one of the years where rings weren't awarded?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,203

Re: Cup rings 

Post#2 » by King4Day » Tue May 31, 2016 6:09 pm

TNBT wrote:Does anyone have a list of years that the Stanley Cup winners didn't get rings? I'm looking for the 1938 Blackhawks ring online but can't find any info, not even a picture of it. I'm wondering if 1938 was one of the years where rings weren't awarded?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

While this won't really answer your question, I thought it was interesting:

The Stanley Cup ring was established in 1893, when the Montreal Hockey Club won the 1893 Stanley Cup championship.[3] Since that championship, the rings weren't given again until the Ottawa Senators won the 1927 Stanley Cup Finals.[4] The rings are still given to the Stanley Cup champions. There have been cases in which championship teams have not awarded rings to its players, such as the Montreal Hockey Club's second championship (which gave out watches) and the 1915 champions, the Vancouver Millionaires (which issued medallions).[5]

For many years teams did not give any rings at all and players had to buy them for themselves. In the 1950s The Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup four times, but players were given silverware[6] or bought a dinner[7] instead of rings. Players were eventually given rings by the team more than fifty years later.[1] In the 1960s the Toronto Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup four times, but players were originally only given one ring with diamonds that were removed and enlarged for each subsequent win.[1] In 1971 the Montreal Canadiens gave players television sets instead of rings.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup_ring#History
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
engageTHEmasses
Senior
And1: 206

Re: Cup rings 

Post#3 » by engageTHEmasses » Wed Jun 8, 2016 9:57 pm

deleted
===========
The Boy wrote:
trick wrote:Slavery was also an old-time tradition...

wtf bruh

Derrick Rose wrote:They're saying us and Golden State are the super teams.

Return to The General NHL Board